Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 10
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>Who has a Keurig coffee pot?
imthegoal 09:50 PM 04-06-2010
My wife bought me one of these about a week ago. I must say I love it. It is nice to be able to have a pretty good cup of coffee in about 2 minutes and not have to clean a pot.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 08:58 AM 04-07-2010
Originally Posted by imthegoal:
My wife bought me one of these about a week ago. I must say I love it. It is nice to be able to have a pretty good cup of coffee in about 2 minutes and not have to clean a pot.
Definitley a great perk. It's perfect for us becuase we're never on the same schedule so it's rare that I'm going to brew a pot or even prepare a press for just me so we can brew two different cups of coffee at two different times...it's great. :-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 01:48 PM 04-10-2010
We received our new machine Thursday. Just the actual Keurig. No KCups. The shipping was quick.
[Reply]
pds 12:45 PM 04-13-2010
I love mine. And the ice tea is surprisingly good as well.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:04 PM 04-13-2010
Question for you fellow Keurig owners. What vinegar/water solution do you normally use to clean your machine?

Edit: Could these be the first "Consecutive Gorrilla Avatar Posts" on CA? :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 01:26 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Question for you fellow Keurig owners. What vinegar/water solution do you normally use to clean your machine?

Edit: Could these be the first "Consecutive Gorrilla Avatar Posts" on CA? :-)
Clean? :-)
[Reply]
76GTFan 01:30 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by MrsSledn:
I didn't realize Bed, Bath, and Beyond sold them.

I did check out Greatcoffee.com. I received a coupon for buy 4 and get free shipping.

I will have to check out greenmountaincoffee.com.

Thanks everyone.
Green Mountain Coffee is my favorite, the Dark Magic specifically.

I go directly to the Kurig Website, as you can build up points for free coffee of even the top shelf brewer.

The cheapest way to buy bulk, once you find your coffee, is the 80ct boxes. My wife and I buy the Paul Newman special blend for about 40 bucks. If you like darker full bodied coffee, look for the "Extra Bold" label.:-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:35 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Clean? :-)
To remove any calcium buildups from the water mainly. I thought I remembered reading there was a certain solution that should be used for that.
[Reply]
jaycarla 02:08 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
To remove any calcium buildups from the water mainly. I thought I remembered reading there was a certain solution that should be used for that.
Here is what I have used, all is well. I use Brita water and then a packet of these every 4-6 months.

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/A...caling_Cleaner
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 02:15 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
Here is what I have used, all is well. I use Brita water and then a packet of these every 4-6 months.

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/A...caling_Cleaner
Awesome...thanks!!:-) That definitely seems much more effective.
[Reply]
AD720 09:36 AM 04-19-2010
Well my Platinum started acting up over the last couple days. :-)

Brewing half-cups and then shutting off when it starts to pump (maybe 3/5 times). I called Keurig and they are sending me a whole new unit and a couple boxes for my trouble. The bummer is due to low stock of the Platinum it is going to take 2 weeks to get it.

I'll keep limping along and if it gets bad enough I'll have to bring home my Mini from work. :-)

Overall still very impressed with this company, their products and customer service.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:55 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:

Brewing half-cups and then shutting off when it starts to pump (maybe 3/5 times). I called Keurig and they are sending me a whole new unit and a couple boxes for my trouble. The bummer is due to low stock of the Platinum it is going to take 2 weeks to get it.

I'll keep limping along and if it gets bad enough I'll have to bring home my Mini from work. :-)

Overall still very impressed with this company, their products and customer service.
Just in time for the K-Cup pass too. :-)

I've been very impressed with Keurig's response to the issues lately...seems they send new units with no questions asked.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 12:52 PM 05-07-2010
Got the B60 this week, now to figure out what coffee I like best!:-)
[Reply]
AD720 12:56 PM 05-07-2010

I got my replacement last week. There is a definite difference, the pump sounds really strong in the this one and it sucks up the water a LOT faster. Hopefully it will hold up.
[Reply]
MrsSledn 11:28 AM 05-28-2010
I got my replacement last week. There is a definite difference, the pump sounds really strong in the this one and it sucks up the water a LOT faster. Hopefully it will hold up.
I noticed that with our new one as well. Definitely louder. LOL

I went to order the ice tea cups and Keurig were out of them. Has anyone tried them yet?
[Reply]
tenbaseg 01:48 PM 05-28-2010
Originally Posted by MrsSledn:
I noticed that with our new one as well. Definitely louder. LOL

I went to order the ice tea cups and Keurig were out of them. Has anyone tried them yet?

Green Mountain
has them in stock.
[Reply]
skullnrose 10:06 AM 05-30-2010
The Ice Tea cups are great if you brew them right. I don't use the Ice Bev Button. Instead I fill a 20oz cup with with ice and brew on the second largest size. I also add 1 Splenda and fresh lemon juice. Makes for a great cup of Ice Tea.
[Reply]
MrsSledn 11:03 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:

Green Mountain
has them in stock.
Thank you! Is there a specific flavor that anyone has found that is really good? I want to pick up a few boxes for the husband.
[Reply]
AD720 11:28 AM 06-04-2010
And now the replacement is short brewing. :-)

Guess I'm calling in again...:-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 11:32 AM 06-04-2010
And now the replacement is short brewing. :-)

Guess I'm calling in again...:-)
Oh good lord. That's not good. I am noticing a difference in what is being brewed out. But it's not that much. Usually I have to hit medium and small to fill my cup. Now I have to hit two mediums.

Hope they resolve the issue for you!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up