tmi man :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:38 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
lmao
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:10 PM 12-28-2009
Don't send the gift. I've had long distance relationships and I never once sent anything. It means more if you do it in person. If you 2 meet then you can do it. Until then save it. To me she isn't real unless you can see her with your own 2 eyes and then touch her.
[Reply]
kgoings 09:40 PM 12-28-2009
Internet dating, thats whats wrong with people these days. :-)

If your serious about a relationship and the interenet is how you meet chicks then check out This Place they very seldom say no.
[Reply]
kzm007 04:51 AM 12-29-2009
Oh. lovely. Smart-ass :-)

I'll tell you what's wrong with people these days - we need tighter border security, so at least if I did go that route, she'd know English, and I wouldn't need to use a dog whistle or something to train her.

People are more than welcome to be here, all people. Just at least try and learn a country's language if you intend on living there for a lengthy amount of time, even basic conversation skills.
[Reply]
kzm007 04:56 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
lmao
lmfao...I meant rim shot! Why does that word come up misspelled on this forum, but my mistake didn't :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:27 AM 12-29-2009
Kegan, it seems like you have a lot of good information and advice already, so I'll withhold my thoughts other than to say that you write very well. :-)

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!
[Reply]
kzm007 09:45 AM 12-29-2009
Well thanks :-) I'm waiting to get shot or something for saying the wrong thing...above word not withstanding :-)

And I hope I write well. I was/am an English major for two years, and will continue when I return to school after my surgery - see a related thread.

P.S to loki and Emjay; i did say rimshot the first time...somebody, cough cough, changed it on me :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:52 AM 12-29-2009
I just read this whole thread. All I will say is I think that there was some very good advise given here.
Seems like a little too much "once bit, twice shy". :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 09:58 AM 12-29-2009
Lots of good advice in this thread... With experience comes wisdom.

After reading all of that I have to say I don't think a relationship is what you n eeed. You need to play the field a little bit.

Oh and if you ever think that someone couldn't come up with a lie that twisted to get stuff from you then your crazy. My ex-wife pretended to have breast cancer in hopes that I would come back out of sympathy. She told her family and even went so far as to take a "trip" to get the "surgery" done. Found out she was lying when she couldn't produce medical records.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:36 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
Oh. lovely. Smart-ass :-)

I'll tell you what's wrong with people these days - we need tighter border security, so at least if I did go that route, she'd know English, and I wouldn't need to use a dog whistle or something to train her.

People are more than welcome to be here, all people. Just at least try and learn a country's language if you intend on living there for a lengthy amount of time, even basic conversation skills.

Not trying to start trouble but America has no official language.
[Reply]
kzm007 10:37 AM 12-29-2009
I'm impressed at her effort, but man, what a female dog exes usually turn out to be.

There are exceptions, though :-) I know. Playing the field is what I do most times. I usually get called on it lol damn refs.
[Reply]
kzm007 10:49 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
Not trying to start trouble but America has no official language.
Very true but we can all agree that it would be English, followed by Spanish - most phone prompts are "press one for English or two for Spanish. if a vote mattered, these make sense, but politics are stupid.

All I mean is, make sure you're able to adapt in some way if you are in a different environment. It will help both parties.

Note the Spanish phrase at the end of my link, which I merely copy/pasted to prove you were right about the language. It means whatever will be, will be - if I recall correctly.
[Reply]
shilala 12:22 PM 12-29-2009
I'm impressed at her effort, but man, what a female dog exes usually turn out to be.

There are exceptions, though :-) I know. Playing the field is what I do most times. I usually get called on it lol damn refs.
I've experienced no less than a dozen girlfriends who immediately became pregnant when I told them I didn't like them anymore.
Literally.
Don't be naive. I'm not at all expressing or implying that about said female in question, just letting you know they can be extremely and delicately evil, and it's not all that uncommon. Goes way, way, way back. :-)
There's a reason why they're so delicious. Otherwise there'd be a bounty on their heads.
That's why when we get lucky enough to find a good one, we hang on to them and quit being dickheads. The good ones are worth it. :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 01:31 PM 12-29-2009
Jeez Scott...cynical much? lol

I said the same thing to a guy, how women can be manipulative, and mom heard me. Had a thirty minute car ride with her telling me I lacked tact and consideration.

60% of marriages end in divorce I read somewhere else, and then found it better worded:

"About 60 percent of all marriages that eventually end in divorce do so
within the first 10 years..."

[http://www.divorcereform.org/nyt05.html]
[Reply]
shilala 03:30 PM 12-29-2009
Jeez Scott...cynical much? lol

I said the same thing to a guy, how women can be manipulative, and mom heard me. Had a thirty minute car ride with her telling me I lacked tact and consideration.

60% of marriages end in divorce I read somewhere else, and then found it better worded:

"About 60 percent of all marriages that eventually end in divorce do so
within the first 10 years..."

[http://www.divorcereform.org/nyt05.html]
I'm not the least bit cynical. Just been there, done that.

I'm a firm believer in True Love, and am riding the wave right now. Took a lot of years and a lot of lessons to learn enough and grow up enough for it to work. It's incredible, beyond words.
I think girls grow out of that kind of crap when they become women, too.
Probably why Mom laid into your ass. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 04:44 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm not the least bit cynical. Just been there, done that.

I'm a firm believer in True Love, and am riding the wave right now. Took a lot of years and a lot of lessons to learn enough and grow up enough for it to work. It's incredible, beyond words.
I think girls grow out of that kind of crap when they become women, too.
Probably why Mom laid into your ass. :-)

Bingo!!!

I think every man needs an ex-wife... It shows you how evil woman can be yet teaches you what you will and won't put up with in regards to the future women you date. And when you find the right one after that you are that much smarter and willing to make it work.

And your comment about women growing out of that is spot on. That's why my last girlfriend was 42 and the current gf and hopefully wife is 33. For the record I'm only 26. :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 11:25 PM 12-29-2009
Holy chit dude...bit of a jump there :-)

Weddings are too expensive though, and such a waste of time. Save your money, hit the courthouse for a license if you need one, and go on a nice vacation where you can really learn to connect to each other on all levels.

But, I'm a man. My opinion is worthless.
[Reply]
kzm007 11:27 PM 12-29-2009
And for the record, none of my relationships have been with women, if you mean maturity :-) she had no right to give me that talk. Otherwise, hello Mrs. Robinson lol
[Reply]
shilala 02:20 AM 12-30-2009
But, I'm a man. My opinion is worthless.
You're gonna need that a lot later. Hang on to that. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up