Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
General Discussion>*Storm of 09 Blizzard of 2010 Pics
dunng 06:00 AM 12-20-2009
Just a dusting here in this part of MA... :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 06:27 AM 12-20-2009
you call any of that a storm? wussys :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:32 AM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
From earlier today:
The wife says it's 8.5", while I stay nice & warm inside!
Hey uh Gerard,how can she say that if you are "nice and warm inside"? :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 06:39 AM 12-20-2009
It's still bloody snowing here. Somewhere around 16 inches is my guess.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:49 AM 12-20-2009
Stay safe folks... and thanks for sharing the pics. I know I don't want any of that action, but I do like seeing the pics.
[Reply]
Whee 08:20 AM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

Dave, if he was outside where it was cold, it wouldn't be 8.5".

"There was shrinkage!!":-)
[Reply]
MarioF 08:42 AM 12-20-2009
We ended up with a hair over 20". Are street is usually the last to be plowed but all the main roads are passable.
Attached: IMG_1259x750.jpg (63.3 KB) 
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:55 AM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

[Reply]
jjirons69 10:29 AM 12-20-2009
I was thinking the same thing, Dave. Just didn't want to embarrass Gerard. :-)

Oh and BTW, I have spring bulbs busting through the pine straw.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:52 AM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
My generator just a tad bit buried - needed to clear the intakes and exhaust just in case it's needed. Plus the weekly test is scheduled for tomorrow.

Ron
I have been thinking about generators like that one, obviously for hurricane power loss NOT snow. Had it long Ron? I believe that could power the whole house.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 01:28 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
you call any of that a storm? wussys :-)
We nearly got more snow in this storm than we did all of last year. :-) I can't remember when we had over a foot of snow fall in one storm.
[Reply]
goalie204 02:00 PM 12-20-2009
Wussys :-) :P :P :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:31 PM 12-20-2009
only got about 5-6 inches of snow here...barely anything stayed on the trees but the gf did make some cookies :-)
Attached: pinwheels.JPG (94.2 KB) 12202009.jpg (121.8 KB) 
[Reply]
RGD. 09:49 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I have been thinking about generators like that one, obviously for hurricane power loss NOT snow. Had it long Ron? I believe that could power the whole house.

Going on two years soon. It's a 17KW model - and yes it will run a whole house. Can you turn on everything in the house? No. But it will run a 3ton AC unit in addition to most normal items in a house being on.

It runs on natural gas and comes with the jets to use propane if needed.

Be glad to answer any questions about it. I went with the Kohler model over the other popular and less expensive models sold widely due to how quiet this thing is. With the lid shut and running you can't hear it from inside the house. It sits right outside my office and if I have the window open and nothing else on like the TV or music - then I can hear it - barely.

Ron
[Reply]
Blueface 07:16 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
Going on two years soon. It's a 17KW model - and yes it will run a whole house. Can you turn on everything in the house? No. But it will run a 3ton AC unit in addition to most normal items in a house being on.

It runs on natural gas and comes with the jets to use propane if needed.

Be glad to answer any questions about it. I went with the Kohler model over the other popular and less expensive models sold widely due to how quiet this thing is. With the lid shut and running you can't hear it from inside the house. It sits right outside my office and if I have the window open and nothing else on like the TV or music - then I can hear it - barely.

Ron
Pete,
That is the way to go. Natural gas or propane, not gasoline as many are in Florida.
I priced them out down here a few years ago and could do my house with one that would cost me $5K back then. Not sure at all what prices are now but would imagine they have dropped post the surge due to the 2004/2005 storms.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:48 AM 12-21-2009
Thanks soooooo much for sharing the pics guys!! :-)

Only wish I was there to experience it with you in person!!
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:58 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Thanks soooooo much for sharing the pics guys!! :-)

I call BS!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:08 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:

you're welcome to come over Scott. I have a guestroom.
[Reply]
landhoney 09:08 AM 12-21-2009
Despite living in South Florida I will have some pictures to post very soon. Why? Because I was in New York City. Our flight was cancelled Saturday evening obviously, but we got out Sunday afternoon. Another night in a suite at the Waldorf, what a shame :-) We had fun playing in the fresh snow in Central Park Sunday morning with the locals.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:01 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Despite living in South Florida I will have some pictures to post very soon. Why? Because I was in New York City. Our flight was cancelled Saturday evening obviously, but we got out Sunday afternoon. Another night in a suite at the Waldorf, what a shame :-) We had fun playing in the fresh snow in Central Park Sunday morning with the locals.
Seth, did you man "locos" or locals?:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up