Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 36
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs Angels ALCS 2009
GreekGodX 12:38 AM 10-17-2009
3 errors in the playoffs is just terrible baseball. No way Angels deserved to win.

Go Yankees!!
[Reply]
OpusEx 10:35 AM 10-17-2009
First, let me say I have been to playoff games at the old ballpark before and even fortunate to be at the World Series in 96, but one word to describe last night: ELECTRIC!

and who says you can't smoke at Yankee Stadium :-)

Had seats down below, but went up to the last row and had an Esencia tres petit prior to first pitch.
Attached: IMG_0103.jpg (97.1 KB) 
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:38 AM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by OpusEx:
First, let me say I have been to playoff games at the old ballpark before and even fortunate to be at the World Series in 96, but one word to describe last night: ELECTRIC!

Had seats down below, but went up to the last row and had an Esencia tres petit prior to first pitch.
Awesome picture. I am jealous of both you being there and smoking that geat cigar. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:41 AM 10-17-2009
Well, Angels did kick the ball around like a hackysack, but you can't blame them much for that Matsui "hit" in the first - after all, he did smack it a good 800 feet.

Of course, that was 350 up and 350 back down, but still . . . .
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:43 AM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Well, Angels did kick the ball around like a hackysack, but you can't blame them much for that Matsui "hit" in the first - after all, he did smack it a good 800 feet.

Of course, that was 350 up and 350 back down, but still . . . .
I take it you calculated the distance from the plate to where it landed in your 800 feet? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:45 AM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I take it you calculated the distance from the plate to where it landed in your 800 feet? :-)

Of course, that's the other 100. If not for that it would have bounced foul off the plate. :-)
[Reply]
OpusEx 10:45 AM 10-17-2009
Awesome picture. I am jealous of both you being there and smoking that geat cigar. :-)
My first trip to the new ballpark too, really liked it! Yes it's not the "old ballpark," but they really did do a nice job of making a big place that felt pretty small. I could honestly say I didn't think there was a "bad" seat in the house. Only place I wouldn't want to seat would be with either foul pole in my line of sight, but any place else looked like a nice seat.

Have you been to the new ballpark yet?
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:47 AM 10-17-2009
My first trip to the new ballpark too, really liked it! Yes it's not the "old ballpark," but they really did do a nice job of making a big place that felt pretty small. I could honestly say I didn't think there was a "bad" seat in the house. Only place I wouldn't want to seat would be with either foul pole in my line of sight, but any place else looked like a nice seat.

Have you been to the new ballpark yet?
Not yet. Maybe next year if they drop the ticket prices to a reasonable price.

You also need to get your cigars over to Habana Premium. :-)
[Reply]
OpusEx 10:51 AM 10-17-2009
You also need to get your cigars over to Habana Premium. :-)
In the works :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:53 AM 10-17-2009
In the works :-)
Very good. I have a couple from Azon resting until I feel a little better to smoke them. Hopefully for a Yankee World Series victory.
[Reply]
OpusEx 10:55 AM 10-17-2009
Not yet. Maybe next year if they drop the ticket prices to a reasonable price.
I have to say that using stub hub, I've been very surprised at the "reasonable" pricing for playoff tickets. Keeping in mind (and now that I have been to the stadium) that there isn't a bad seat in the house.

If you can get ticks in the first couple rows of the terrace section, over the dugout for give or take a $100, it's a steal.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:56 AM 10-17-2009
I have to say that using stub hub, I've been very surprised at the "reasonable" pricing for playoff tickets. Keeping in mind (and now that I have been to the stadium) that there isn't a bad seat in the house.

If you can get ticks in the first couple rows of the terrace section, over the dugout for give or take a $100, it's a steal.
Are you going back tonight?
[Reply]
Blueface 10:58 AM 10-17-2009

I am so, so jealous!!!
[Reply]
OpusEx 10:59 AM 10-17-2009
Are you going back tonight?
Can't tonight, but waiting to see what they are going to do with respect to weather. If tom. sometime or Monday (given that tom. doesn't look great weather wise either and they don't want to TV clash with NFL) I just may go back in :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:00 AM 10-17-2009
Great pitching performance by CC tonight and timely hitting with poor Angel defense.
The third baseman and shortstop looked like two little league kids not knowing what to do with that pop up.
Unbelievable!!!
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:00 AM 10-17-2009
Can't tonight, but waiting to see what they are going to do with respect to weather. If tom. sometime or Monday (given that tom. doesn't look great weather wise either and they don't want to TV clash with NFL) I just may go back in :-)
If not you can go to game 1 vs the Dodgers. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 11:01 AM 10-17-2009
From what I understand, if today is rained out, they will bumb Giants game up to 1 PM and play in The Bronx at 4:30 - or that's what I heard last night.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:03 AM 10-17-2009
They pretty much have to play the game on Sunday since Monday is in LA. If the game gets rained out that also means you will see Chad Gaudin pitching for the Yankees at some point.
[Reply]
The Poet 11:05 AM 10-17-2009
FYI, it has stopped raining here in Madison, and is actually getting lighter outside. Don't know what the radar says, but it's a good sign.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:08 AM 10-17-2009
60% chance of showers tonight.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 36
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up