Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>How are you doing at the tables (Poker Thread)?
BigAl_SC 10:21 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by JKim:
Hey Big Al.. I meant to preface.. After the turn.. SB was sitting on about 150, BB had about 325. Same action?
Probably..... Any smaller and you get no info. There is an argument that if your putting half your stack in, you might as well make it all. If its a loose player this might be the right choice.......
[Reply]
JKim 10:26 AM 01-29-2009
SB pushes all-in, BB calls immediately....

I had A Kh :]
[Reply]
JKim 10:27 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC:
Probably..... Any smaller and you get no info. There is an argument that if your putting half your stack in, you might as well make it all. If its a loose player this might be the right choice.......
If I were in the SB position, I'd have to consider the next move. If I commit half my stack and get called or raised, can I walk away from the hand then?

What would I do on the River if smooth called on the turn. I don't know that the outcome of the chips would have turned out differently unless you could walk away either on the turn or river.
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 11:07 AM 01-29-2009
If I were in the SB position, I'd have to consider the next move. If I commit half my stack and get called or raised, can I walk away from the hand then?

What would I do on the River if smooth called on the turn. I don't know that the outcome of the chips would have turned out differently unless you could walk away either on the turn or river.
Correct. The 75 bet only works and saves you money is you listen to the reason you made it. A smooth call or raise and you have to muck when ever BB puts the rest in. And that has to be on your read of the player.
[Reply]
JKim 10:44 PM 02-01-2009
Brain Teaser..

Playing Omaha High with starters 3d 3h 3s 9s (not that you'd get mixed up in a pot with these starters), what are at leasts 3 ways to make the nuts? There may be more, but I only know of 3.
[Reply]
Ollie 11:22 AM 02-02-2009
Brain Teaser..

Playing Omaha High with starters 3d 3h 3s 9s (not that you'd get mixed up in a pot with these starters), what are at leasts 3 ways to make the nuts? There may be more, but I only know of 3.
Good one. I won't post the answer since i cheated. All I could come up with on my own was quad 9's.

Omahahahaha....
[Reply]
JKim 11:22 AM 02-07-2009
It is interesting Ollie. :]

9 9 9 x x (for quad nines)

2 2 2 2 3 (for nut boat)

As Ks Qs Js 10s (for nut flush)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up