Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
General Discussion>Lunar Landing
Darrell 08:47 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I don't buy into that as much as most, Darrell. But I do believe we will eventually overpopulate the earth and will have to expand somewhere. The moon and Mars are the most viable options right now.
I agree, Andy and I'm not talking about tomorrow or next year that Earth's population has to ride out -- I'm figuring within the next 5 centuries though. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:56 PM 08-04-2009
Not enough gravity on the Moon to hold water or any kind of air. There is a thin wisp of argon. There is no reason to want to live on the Moon as everything needs to be imported.

Now Mars is another matter. You could probably set up a self sufficient base on Mars.
[Reply]
lightning9191 09:37 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Too bad they just didn't hijack Rosie instead. :-)
I just read in Scientific American yesterday that it costs $10,000 per pound to send stuff into space. So let's see....300 (I'm being generous) x 10,000...carry the three....round to the significant figures.....

$3,000,000

We can take donations and we could pry do this.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:39 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."
There is a dark side of the moon. I listened to it.:-)
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I agree, Andy and I'm not talking about tomorrow or next year that Earth's population has to ride out -- I'm figuring within the next 5 centuries though. :-)
I agree.

:-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:45 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Who wants to live like that???

It's like Alaska!!!
I would definitely do that if given the opportunity. Unfortunately there's probably not much demand for professional writers in that field.
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:45 PM 08-04-2009
As far as living on the moon..not at all viable. Who the hell wants to live there? An overcrowded Earth is way more tantilizing than that. Overcrowding will handle itself. Much like over-abundances of mice or locust when the food is in surplus. When we can no longer feed everyone, we stop growing. Also, war, famine, disease, and natural disasters will thin the herd. The strongest go on to repopulate. We are Earthlings, designed and adapted to live here and only here. The Moon or Mars will never work.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:55 AM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I beleive it happened, but...

the lunar landing video did look cheesy

and

why haven't we been back lately?
There wasn't HD back then and have you seen the price of gas lately???:-)
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:46 AM 08-05-2009
Mythbusters rules. I don't always agree with some of their methods, but they got this one nailed.

How anyone can think it was a hoax now is just a riot.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:13 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
:-)It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Thomas! :-)

Now THERE'S a hoax for you! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:24 AM 08-07-2009
Darrell's new smiley!!!:-)
[Reply]
SchizoFilly 10:46 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
As far as living on the moon..not at all viable. Who the hell wants to live there? An overcrowded Earth is way more tantilizing than that. Overcrowding will handle itself. Much like over-abundances of mice or locust when the food is in surplus. When we can no longer feed everyone, we stop growing. Also, war, famine, disease, and natural disasters will thin the herd. The strongest go on to repopulate. We are Earthlings, designed and adapted to live here and only here. The Moon or Mars will never work.
While I agree with the population control methods you stated, I have to disagree with the possibility of living places other than Earth. The space station has shown humans can survive away from Earth. Getting the supplies to another location and setting up living quarters large enough to support a decent size population would be astronomically expensive (pun intended).
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:54 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by SchizoFilly:
While I agree with the population control methods you stated, I have to disagree with the possibility of living places other than Earth. The space station has shown humans can survive away from Earth. Getting the supplies to another location and setting up living quarters large enough to support a decent size population would be astronomically expensive (pun intended).
Would it help costs if we ate the elderly.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:56 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
Would it help costs if we ate the elderly.
Jonathan Swift?
[Reply]
md4958 10:56 AM 08-07-2009
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:00 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by SchizoFilly:
Not to mention that the Human body is perfectly adapted to the gravity and atmosphere of Earth. There have been studies about rats and other animals mating in space with not such great results for the offspring!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 11:01 AM 08-07-2009
Not to mention that the Human body is perfectly adapted to the gravity and atmosphere of Earth. There have been studies about rats and other animals mating in space with not such great results for the offspring!!!
The human body is made to adapt. Give it some time, and man can adapt to low gravity as well. Just make sure everyone drinks their milk.:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:04 AM 08-07-2009
It's all a hoax. A hoax, I tell you!!!

[Reply]
SchizoFilly 11:05 AM 08-07-2009
It's evolution....or something like that....it's all speculative until someone actually gets sent. Hypotheses that are not tested are little more than opinions, and we know that goes something like this :-)
[Reply]
md4958 11:17 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
The way we are treating Earth, it's not going to be around forever!
Im pretty sure the Earth will still be here long after we've made it unhinabitalbe for humans.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:19 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
Im pretty sure the Earth will still be here long after we've made it unhinabitalbe for humans.
Moe watched Wall-E, I see.:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up