Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Puff.Com Just Plain Sucks!!
poker 10:29 AM 07-12-2009
Ok folks I think thats enough. Like some have already stated, nothing positive will come of this other than a little venting. Most of us feel the same way, and many just see no need in pointing out what many here already know, that this is now home.
Its time we all moved forward.
TanithT 11:13 AM 07-12-2009
And I'm banned too. It's not because of anything I ever posted at Puff, either, so I can only assume it's because they're reading this thread.

Sheesh. Lame.
GHC_Hambone 11:15 AM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Too bad Top 25 Cigar is tied up with that mess. I used to go to that website a lot to get info on smokes I was curious about.
:-)

I really liked that site as well. I still check it out every once and a while, but it takes a lot longer to load now...
M1903A1 11:22 AM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:

I really liked that site as well. I still check it out every once and a while, but it takes a lot longer to load now...
You're not kidding. I took a look over their just now (just long enough to see the degradation) and the pages were refreshing so slowly I practically had enough time to read a novel!
forgop 12:01 PM 07-12-2009
I think Caputo should receive some nice dog rockets. :-)
GolfNut 12:11 PM 07-12-2009
I noticed that instead of scrambling passwords, they just added -cs (cigarsmokers) or -cl (cigarlive) to the usernames of those they wished to keep out.

Might try that if you need to contact someone through there.

Sorry if this is already known. TTH
bazookajoe 12:24 PM 07-12-2009
FWIW, I'll comment while this thread is still open. As many of you know I remained at what used to be Club Stogie for the sake of the troops that were supported there and some donation efforts that were underway - didn't want to see any interruption in the flow of cigars to those who counted on them. My efforts weren't needed here as Fred and Tony had things under control.

The program fizzled out there and I agree with John that it became a non-priority for the "new administration". I won't blame Jon alone because the forums were sorted out and re-organized by some of the mods there too. Doesn't matter who did it or why, but the end result was that the troop support threads got moved to a section rarely viewed by most members. Both John and I questioned that and mentioned it would result in a loss for the troops but they wanted to sit tight and see what happened. All the while, John and other faithful continued provide support for the troops despite the lack of support from Puff.

Due to some personal circumstances I've been unable to continue the troop support effort, and coupled with the fact that the effort is invisible there it's as John described - pretty much been left for dead. There are occasional requests from soldiers that I haven't been able to fulfill - I didn't refer them to Fred because even though the troops are supported here I didn't want to dilute the effort with requests from outside this forum. As a result of the issue raised by this thread however I've been offered help with those requests so hopefully that will work out.

Finally this - I fully agree with and understand John's frustration with the lack of support for the troops at Puff. I believe his intent for this thread was to vent his frustration, hoping some Puff faithful will see what they've done to what was an honorable effort. I fully support him because nobody has been a more generous and faithful supporter of our troops than John, and he has every right to speak his mind without apology. For those that are using this thread to bash Puff, boasting about using inflammatory posts and other efforts to get banned there, you're completely missing the point and IMO diluting John's message. There are many other opportunities to expose Puff's shortcomings - please let this be about what John intended (and if Scott is right about the log-in thing, you may still have a voice over there :-)).

Mr. Ed 12:29 PM 07-12-2009
6) Any and all issues concerning other boards will not be allowed to spill over in here. If you as member of another board have a problem with another member from that board, keep it off of Cigar Asylum.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/announcement.php?f=5

shilala 12:56 PM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
6) Any and all issues concerning other boards will not be allowed to spill over in here. If you as member of another board have a problem with another member from that board, keep it off of Cigar Asylum.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/announcement.php?f=5

There's exception to any rule.
I think Troop Support surely applies, although that's just my :-)
This thread has been very constructive toward finding a way to take care of the Troops that aren't finding support at Puff.
If everyone focuses on the solution rather than the problem, and we all behave, I'm sure it can be solved. :-)
poker 01:01 PM 07-12-2009
Let it go guys.
Don Fernando 01:59 PM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
I often take pleasure in opening accounts on Puff, being mean to him, and getting banned for the account.

Looks like JC thinks he's Jesus Christ, eh?
but that way puff has more members (they ban the account but it still shows up as a member) and that way Craputo can make more money when selling advertisement space.

Originally Posted by floydpink:
I couldn't get banned by unsubscribing from the newsletter by putting my first name as "f*** you" and my last name as Caputo, but finally managed to get banned by opening a new thread stating "Blaylock is a homo who examines Caputo's rectum with his 5 finger cigar bags", and was banned within 5 minutes.

Bunch of money hungry classless pretenders over there, although my final comments were a little lacking in the class department if I do admit so myself.

The last straw for me was Blaylock calling MCS "childish".
Blaylock is JC's guarddog, a leg humping jack russel. He is the kind of guy that gives infractionpoints for 'being disrespectful' and then starts calling names himself. When you ask another moderator to infract blaylock .... you get banned. That happened to me.
Tenor CS 02:21 PM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
My bad Christian...how about...the tone of the board?

MUCH better :-)
Tenor CS 02:23 PM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
HAHAHA I cant imagine you being banned Christian. You just seem so nice all the time what did you do?
Someone asked why vendors who sell Cubans can advertise on Puff, but they can't talk about Cuban vendors.

I stated that it was because Caputo makes $ off of one and not the other. But in a harsher way.
poker 07:31 AM 07-13-2009
This thread isnt going to solve anything. CS is gone. Letting it go meant letting it go. I closed this.
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up