Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Why arent you writing reviews?
BlackDog 08:41 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I don't. There are so many more NC brands (seems like hundreds) that's it not really practical to format it like the habanos reviews. With a quick search, you can find anything easily, imo.

:-)
I agree there are hundreds, but I disagree with "find them easily." We use too many abbreviations for the nomenclature to make it easy to find some reviews. Is the stick a Arturo Fuente Hemingway, or an AF Hemi? A Padron Anniversary 1964 maduro, or a PAM 64? Don Pepin Garcia, Pepin, or DPG?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:43 AM 06-18-2009
I've never, ever had a problem finding anything with search. May just be me. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:44 AM 06-18-2009
I don't. There are so many more NC brands (seems like hundreds) that's it not really practical to format it like the habanos reviews. With a quick search, you can find anything easily, imo.

:-) After they are posted... search is your friend. But it may take some effort. :-)

I have not read through this thread, so this has probably been said -

IMHO, main reason there are so few reviews here is that from the get-go, CA was populated by ex-patriated, seasoned, cigar smokers who had posted many reviews "at another forum." Kind of a "been there - done that" sort of thing.

Might be a good idea for us to re-evaluate some smokes and fill the knowledge database here. Just a shame that we had to leave so much accumulated information elsewhere - but I am glad to be HERE! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:46 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:

IMHO, main reason there are so few reviews here is that from the get-go, CA was populated by ex-patriated, seasoned, cigar smokers who had posted many reviews "at another forum." Kind of a "been there - done that" sort of thing.
Great observation, Joe. I have to agree.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:05 AM 06-18-2009

You're right, but with 33 major manufacturers, the number of CC forums here , and an "everything else" you could just about take care of it.
[Reply]
OLS 09:24 AM 06-18-2009
I think it almost goes without saying that if you are going to post a review
of ANY cigar from ANY country, you should write out the entire name of the
cigar in the thread title. There is no room for...damn I hate being old....whatever
you call those....ANAGRAMS, that's the word. A review being kind of an official-type
posting, you should be thinking about ease of search.
[Reply]
ehdg 10:44 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
ERDM Italian RE
Hmmm okay so where did u find a review on them? I don't see one here. I've smoked 2 of them so far and have liked them. Nice mild cigar with good ageing potential. It had some honey and floral to it in the begining and ended with some nice leather notes.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:17 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
As I've heard someone else say here, I have the palate of a goat. My reviews consist of either, hated it, loved it, or nothing special.
:-) I don't have the best palate either.
Although some of the less-than-stellar reviews are quite helpful to me as well as the well-written ones. Sometimes a mere loved it or hated it is all I need to hear.:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:38 PM 06-22-2009
I've been real busy. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 01:57 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I've been real busy. :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:02 PM 06-22-2009
I haven't had time to do any of the 1 Man HERF's that I used to post up in the Jungle :-)

Might have to make some time.
[Reply]
Green Lantern 02:50 PM 06-22-2009
I would love to post up more reviews but I just haven't found the time. I'm always smoking cigars at work but I don't think they would care for me to be smoking and writing reviews on Asylum when I should be smoking cigars and helping customers.
I'm going to be buying a laptop at the end of this year so I can write some more reviews.
[Reply]
md4958 04:04 PM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by ehdg:
Hmmm okay so where did u find a review on them? I don't see one here. I've smoked 2 of them so far and have liked them. Nice mild cigar with good ageing potential. It had some honey and floral to it in the begining and ended with some nice leather notes.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15765

there was another review on a different forum. lemme know if you would like the link.
[Reply]
md4958 07:34 AM 01-29-2011
Thought this thread could use a bump this morning.
[Reply]
wayner123 07:41 AM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Thought this thread could use a bump this morning.
Maybe you are reading the wrong section? The NC section has a new one or two everyday.
[Reply]
md4958 08:09 AM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Maybe you are reading the wrong section? The NC section has a new one or two everyday.
Yeah, that must be it.
[Reply]
Dan 08:48 AM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
As I've heard someone else say here, I have the palate of a goat. My reviews consist of either, hated it, loved it, or nothing special.
ya pretty much...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up