Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 40
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>Red Sox Nation -Check In
taltos 10:21 AM 07-08-2009
A big factor would be how much time Halladay has left on his contract. I could see them giving up Buckholtz and a minor league position player prospect if Halladay is not a lame duck and has time left after this season. Will be interesting to watch as this develops.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:23 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
The Sox won't give up their young studs for Halladay. They will sorely need them next year when Smoltz and Penney are both gone.
I would do it in a heartbeat. The Sox would have three NO 1 starters, and all three guys pitch deep into a game, throw Dice into the mix, I think we could win two out of the next three World Series?
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:41 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
A big factor would be how much time Halladay has left on his contract....Will be interesting to watch as this develops
You're right, that is the key and, yes it will be interesting.
[Reply]
VTDragon 11:04 AM 07-09-2009
Nice win by Wake last night. He is first in the Majors with 11 wins, just reiforcing his All Star selection.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:32 PM 07-12-2009
Beckett pitches a complete game shutout for his 100th career win.
Sox go into the All Star Break on top of AL East :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:36 PM 07-12-2009
Beckett looked great today. Good momentum for the second half.
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:40 PM 07-13-2009
A full 3 games ahead of the Evil Empire and there we actually saw the SUN in New England this weekend. Life is good!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:05 AM 07-15-2009
The local boys did not disappoint in the Allstar Game.
Bay and Youkilis each had hits, and Pap picked up the win in relief :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:12 AM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The local boys did not disappoint in the Allstar Game.
Bay and Youkilis each had hits, and Pap picked up the win in relief :-)
Too bad Wake didn't get to pitch, that would have been fun.
[Reply]
dunng 03:59 PM 07-15-2009
Too bad Wake didn't get to pitch, that would have been fun.
Agreed... :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:15 PM 07-15-2009
Papelbon better not start grooving fastballs in the second half like he did in the all star game.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:25 PM 07-15-2009
I guess the book on Pap is to swing at the first pitch, he is always around the plate trying to get ahead of the hitter?
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:31 AM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I guess the book on Pap is to swing at the first pitch, he is always around the plate trying to get ahead of the hitter?
Unfortunately you're right. Maybe Tek can get him to sometimes throw the splitter first to keep batters off balance.

On another subject, has any one heard any word about RemDawg? I'm guessing that he must be a LOT sicker than has been revealed.
[Reply]
taltos 09:09 AM 07-17-2009
Haven't heard anything on Remy. I am not a big fan of him and Orsillo together in the booth since it becomes a non stop selling session but Eck is going to cause me to quit watching the games. On a more cheerful note, there are reports that Lugo did not make the trip to Toronto with the Sox.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:13 AM 07-17-2009
Lugo sucks, I am still pissed off that they ever signed that POS
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:14 AM 07-17-2009
Theo has a lot of man love for washed up shortstops.
I still can't understand letting Alex Gonzalez go?
The guy was the best defensive SS to ever put on a Red Sox uniform.
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:16 PM 07-17-2009
It would be nice if they could get something, even a minor leaguer, for Lugo but he has to go regardless. I hope Bucholtz pitches lights out and makes the decision to ship him back to Pawtucket real difficult. The kid has done everything they have asked of him since being demoted to Portland last year and really does deserve another shot.
[Reply]
taltos 02:10 PM 07-17-2009
It would be nice if they could get something, even a minor leaguer, for Lugo but he has to go regardless. I hope Bucholtz pitches lights out and makes the decision to ship him back to Pawtucket real difficult. The kid has done everything they have asked of him since being demoted to Portland last year and really does deserve another shot.
The main beef with him and why he was sent down is that he did not listen to coaching. He was not listening to the pitching coach or to Tek. Hopefully he has learned to listen. Besides that point, who would you remove from the rotation for Bucholtz? Smoltz is the only one that I could see and somehow I trust Smoltz more when it gets to crunch time. I suspect that this is a showcase for a trade. Maybe he would ultimately have more success at the major league level with a fresh start with another team. On another topic, Lugo has been DFA'd. Bye bye Julio.:-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:47 PM 07-17-2009
I don't know how he does it? It got to be tuff to keep your mind on baseball:-)
http://celebglitz.com/36640/Celebrit...irlfriend.aspx
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:56 AM 07-18-2009
Buchholz pitched a good game and got the win.
Lugo is gone Lowrie is back, but I don't think the Sox are going hang their hat on that?
Lowrie has a half season under his belt, he played great D but not much of a bat.
Nick Green has been playing very good SS the guy has a cannon of an arm, but slumping and looking bad at the plate.
I think the Sox make a deal for a Shortstop ?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 40
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up