Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
General Discussion>Things People Do That Amaze You
piperman 02:56 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

People who biggie size/super size their combo meal and then ask for diet coke. :-)
maybe they are diabetic, :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 03:04 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
The Mexico emmigration lady "amazed" me and my wife last week.

She "amazed" me when she ripped my passport cover in front of my eyes and then proceeded to tell me it was invalid because it was now mutilated. Her manager then "amazed" me even more when I asked to speak with him and he proceeded to rip several more pages before telling me He'd "let me go on if I gave him a secret favor of 200 dollars American."

Yep, they amazed me so much I nearly sh*t my pants. Let's just say the wife and I are very happy to be home, and even more satisfied to enjoy the views stateside from now on.

It was an award celebration trip for her sales figures. Next year we'll take the money. :-)
This is a whole 'nother level. Scary-crazy stuff. (no smiley really fits here)
Was this going in or coming out? I forget the process and who checks who into and out of the US.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:19 PM 03-12-2009
people who place bombs and plan terrorist attacks out of religious motives.

Amsterdam escaped a terrorist attack today, a certain area of the city has been evacuated this morning and several arrest have been made. It has to be very serious before the Dutch government decided to clear an area. Among the people (all muslims with Maroccan roots) is a family member of one of the Madrid terrorists. It seems pretty serious and I am pretty shocked.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:06 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
This is a whole 'nother level. Scary-crazy stuff. (no smiley really fits here)
Was this going in or coming out? I forget the process and who checks who into and out of the US.
It was going in. When you land, the first place you pass through is Mexican emmigration. When you reenter the United States, you pass through US emmigration followed by US customs. Her company took pictures of my passport to keep a paper trail and offered to pay us back. A very nice jesture, but of course money was the last thing on our minds at the time. We just wanted to get home safe.

Advise for those who travel: My wife made photo copies of our passports the day before we left so we had direct proof of before and after the incident on hand. I'd suggest doing this and also leaving a copy with family, just in case.
[Reply]
G G 07:46 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Oh no I have a copy I just needed a laugh. "You boys like Mexico! Woohoo"
Well some cigars then Scott?:-)
[Reply]
pearson 07:46 PM 03-12-2009
When I bid a job, then my dick ass service advisor sells the parts but not the labor. so far he has cost me 7 hours this week. I just dont know what the hell he is thinking.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:23 PM 03-12-2009
Tonight I was trying to parallel park my car, clearly slowing down, with my turn signal on, when I come to a stop and put it in reverse I notice a young female driver had pulled right up on my bumper. The car behind her had stopped far enough back to let her back out of the way and let me quick pull in and park, but instead she waits until the next lane was open and then proceeds to honk at me and quick swing around me giving me a dirty look. I guess brake lights and the turn signal weren't enough warning for her :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 09:12 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
maybe they are diabetic, :-)
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I take offense to that one.

Type 1 diabetic... not type 2. I like to put my carbs where it counts and that isn't in a regular soft drinks :-)

So when I'm hungry... damn right I'll order a biggie size with a diet coke :-)

:-)

See... he gets it BAO!
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:15 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
See... he gets it BAO!
Shut up Jordan...:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:15 PM 03-12-2009
People that speak of unthawing some meat from their freezer for dinner.

WHAT???

Yes, that is what many people say around here.

They unthaw all sorts of things. It is comical.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:31 PM 03-12-2009
In a little different sense...

What amazes me is people who will generously send cigars to people they have never met...

People who demonstrate genuine concern for folks they only know by a screen name and avatar...

People who selflessly support our troops with reminders of home while they serve so far away...

These are the kind of things that truly amaze me. :-)
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:38 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:

What amazes me is people who will generously send cigars to people they have never met...

People who demonstrate genuine concern for folks they only know by a screen name and avatar...

People who selflessly support our troops with reminders of home while they serve so far away...

Now that is truly amazing. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:45 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
No I'm currently a receptionist right now until the arm heals. :-) And not it is not funny.
:-) hand slip off again?
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
:-)
strawbox
Originally Posted by pnoon:
No kidding. The one's who are behind me and can't wait the extra 15-20 seconds are the a-holes.
15-20 secs in your prime gramps :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 05:36 AM 03-13-2009

Thanks Joe, for reminding us that great things can be amazing as well. :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:21 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

WHAT???

Genius!!

Additionally, I hear people who go (or need to go) to our employee "orientations" refer to the class incorrectly.

They speak about the class afterwards/before and note it as "i have to orientate" or "now that i am orientated"...

Bothers me!
[Reply]
Commander Quan 07:02 AM 03-13-2009
People that have absolutely no idea where they are in relation to their surroundings.

Like the people who push a shopping cart down the middle of the path in a parking lot and then are totally surprised to see a car behind them when you pull up behind them.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:19 AM 03-13-2009

Strange..
I don't see that as amazing...I see it more as the purest of the human spirit where we believe in our little community. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 08:18 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Strange..
I don't see that as amazing...I see it more as the purest of the human spirit where we believe in our little community. :-)
:-)Well put Stewie, I mean Bao!

What about when people get out of the shower to pee?
[Reply]
shilala 08:32 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

WHAT???

Everyone has hot water heaters here in PA.
Being as they're cold water heaters, or hot water tanks, or water heaters, I suppose it's just a mishmosh of all those things they hammered together.
If you like unthawing stuff, rev, you'd love George Carlin's skit about getting on a plane.
He says, "I'll get IN the plane. Let Evil Knievel get ON the plane." :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 08:58 AM 03-13-2009
I always love it when people complain about cops doing their jobs.

"WTF man, i just got a ticket for doing 61 in a 35, F'in pigs have nothing better to do than give out BS speeding tickets."
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up