Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Entertainment>Board games / table top RPGs?
mariogolbee 06:45 PM 06-04-2013
Anybody get around to playing something on International Tabletop Day ac couple of months ago?
[Reply]
Apoco 08:24 AM 06-11-2013
I didn't play on tabletop day - but we played the day before. Been playing some Arkham Horror, Spacehulk: Death Angel, Last Night on Earth, Zombicide, etc.

Still playing D&D most Fridays. We're 1 module into Rise of the Runelords.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 11:58 AM 08-01-2013
Anyone played Battletech? I found a starter box set of this game at Goodwill and have tried playing it a few times with some friends. I really like the elements of the game and the whole concept, but it has to be one of the most intense (mentally and mathematically) and time consuming games I have ever tried to play. I enjoyed playing the Mechwarrior games, so that’s what drew my attention to this. Anyway – once we all got a basic understanding of the rules we set up the game on my friends deck and had a good afternoon to Battletech/Cigars. I just it was a bit more simplified because we would probably play it more often.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:13 PM 08-01-2013
I'm into strip poker, and got yer rocket-propelled grenade right here. :-)

Though to be truthful, it's more a pocket rocket than a table-top model. :-)
[Reply]
blugill 01:43 PM 08-01-2013
A friend and I have never played tabletop but would like to learn via Skype.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:59 AM 08-07-2013
Alex, those are all good games. Well, I haven't tried Zombicide yet, but I've heard it's all the rage. Isn't Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder? I haven't touched any D&D for years, but have really picked up Pathfinder Society Organized Play. I know PF cam from 3.5, so it's all compatible anyway.

Jason, I got the Battletech boxed set when it came out a couple of years back. Never got it to the table, but will some day. It's a fantastic set for what you get.

Andy, if you are interested in plying through Skype, I can help out with that. I think you're referring to RPGs. If so, I already have a couple of virtual tabletops setup and can run them using a virtual map and Skype or preferably Google Hangouts. Virtual table tops are easy to use and work extremely well for games. Just LMK. I would LOVE to help get you and your buddy started.
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:15 AM 08-07-2013
Been awhile for me since I joined in for board game night with some of my buddies, reading this thread has got me itching to play again.

Some of our favorites include Carcasonne, Settlers of Catan, Talisman, and Ascension.

Ascension is my favorite, it's a very fast paced deck building game and you can literally learn the ins and outs in just a single play thru which makes it far more interesting with new players.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:14 AM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Been awhile for me since I joined in for board game night with some of my buddies, reading this thread has got me itching to play again.

Some of our favorites include Carcasonne, Settlers of Catan, Talisman, and Ascension.

Ascension is my favorite, it's a very fast paced deck building game and you can literally learn the ins and outs in just a single play thru which makes it far more interesting with new players.
Do you have Ascension on your phone?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up