Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Sports>ALDS 2010: Yankees vs Twins
floydpink 04:18 PM 10-07-2010
The Rays limped into the post season just like the Yankees so I'm not totally surprised by the developments with Texas.

Personally, I don't look at avoid anyone in October as that's not the way a champion thinks.

Whole nuther season and warmups are over.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:15 PM 10-07-2010
2 down, 1 to go.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:44 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
2 down, 1 to go.
Yep. Good game :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:15 PM 10-07-2010
Just sayin'....

[Reply]
floydpink 08:44 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Just sayin'....

I have a hard time believing that chart as there are so many Northern transplants in Florida, you'd find as many Yankees fans in Tampa, as you would Rays fans. I know this from sitting in the Trop with my Yankees hat.

But it's an internet poll, so it must be accurate.

They should create one showing how many people outside the twin cities believe that crap about the Yankees NOT getting into the Twins heads this year.

In any event, I'm using it as my computer wallpaper at work.

Besides, unless you are a Yankees fan, how could you NOT hate a team that has at least 4-5 times as many World Series rings as your team if you're lucky. In most cases, the numer is 8-10 times as much.

Sure they have deep pockets, but so does Boston and they're one of those teams that the Yankees have 4 rings for every one of theirs and whine about it every October from their couches.

Haters gonna hate.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:57 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Haters gonna hate.
Evidently humor once again failed to transmit through the interwebs. I was making a joke FP. Sorry to get you riled up.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 08:59 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Just sayin'....

Sorry Yankees fans, but I love it!:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:37 PM 10-07-2010
As long as the Twinkies lose:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:41 PM 10-07-2010
How about Andy Pettitte. Looked pretty good tonight. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:42 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
How about Andy Pettitte. Looked pretty good tonight. :-)

He looked pretty good. That or maybe the Twins just can't score runs:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:47 PM 10-07-2010
Yankees return home with a 2-0 series lead. Hopefully Hughes can nail the coffin shut on Saturday.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:19 AM 10-08-2010
:-)

Love that chart. It clearly had to be a joke and not have any validity to it.

I have to agree with Peter that in Florida alone, most of the heavily populated cities are loaded with Yankees transplants.
Then take NJ as another example. Northern Jersey is comprised primarily of Mets and Yankees fans. Central and Southern Jersey is split with NY and PA teams.
In Florida, heck if you can easily get a ticket for a training game in Tampa.

That said, I can understand the hate.
It is sort of like the Bulls, the Patriots, the A's and so many others that are proven winners repeatedly. After a while, jealousy is masked via hatred.

In the end, I am glad I have been on the Yankees side since 1966.
I have lived the painful years and have enjoyed many great ones.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:57 PM 10-08-2010
Well, I can tell you one group of people, aside from Yankee fans, who do not hate the Yankees. That would be all the other owners of MLB teams, because they know that whenever the Yanks come to town they will likely sell 10,000-15,000 more tickets. Some of those extra fannies will be there because they hope to see the Yankees lose. Some will be there because they want to see future HoFers like Jeter, A-Rod, Mariano, etc. play ball. And many will be there because they themselves are Yankee fans. Hey, it ain't just in Tampa where you see those Tiffany "NY" caps.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:34 PM 10-08-2010
I love it when people complain about the Yankees spending money and buying championships. They play under the same rules as everyone else and pay the most in taxes to the other teams and they never complain once about it. How does it feel to be a Pirates fan to find out that the team has been making millions of dollars in profit al these years and they still refuse to spend the money on the team and put a winning group together. The Yankees will gladly have a losing revenue season if it means winning the World Series. Other fans can only wish they had an ownership that would do that.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:41 AM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I love it when people complain about the Yankees spending money and buying championships. They play under the same rules as everyone else and pay the most in taxes to the other teams and they never complain once about it. How does it feel to be a Pirates fan to find out that the team has been making millions of dollars in profit al these years and they still refuse to spend the money on the team and put a winning group together. The Yankees will gladly have a losing revenue season if it means winning the World Series. Other fans can only wish they had an ownership that would do that.
:-)

Well said and so true.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:50 AM 10-09-2010
Just saw this chart.
Appears a bit more realistic than the first one posted although a bit surprising to see the midwest numbers.

[Reply]
floydpink 08:37 AM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just saw this chart.
Appears a bit more realistic than the first one posted although a bit surprising to see the midwest numbers.

Well, at least they have the State Fair once the winter ends.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:42 AM 10-09-2010
The two charts are for two completely different topics. "How do you feel about" and "Game picks". Just sayin'.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:15 AM 10-09-2010
Let's go Yankees!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 10:11 AM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
The two charts are for two completely different topics. "How do you feel about" and "Game picks". Just sayin'.
So true, Joel. Yet I must submit that, were I in your spikes, I'd be more concerned about your Phillies than my Yankees. Just sayin'. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up