Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Aging Beer?
Bubba - NJ 12:23 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
They do make the Chimay Premier (red) in the 750ml.
The Blue label comes in a huge bottle , sells for around $30.00 here . It would be nice if the Premier (red label) came in that size also . I usually only buy the Premier in the 750 ml size .
[Reply]
cricky101 12:57 PM 12-12-2010
I was at a liquor store last night and they had a couple bottles of Rogue Imperial Stout from 2007. It seemed strange because they don't have much of a beer selection there, and they were tucked on an end cap with the Chimays.

It didn't look like the usual Rogue bombers with the painted labels - It was kind of frosty and gray and dated prominently on the bottle.

It was $15/bottle, so I didn't get one.

Should I go back and pick one up?
[Reply]
eldondo 01:49 PM 12-12-2010
Had a bottle of Chimay Bleue Grand Reserve 2010 (75 cl) yesterday.... but much cheaper than over there.. app. USD 5.00
[Reply]
T.G 01:59 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would hardly consider two weeks to be "aging", Nate. :-)
How about three weeks? :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:41 PM 12-12-2010
Found some Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout from last year at the store. That will start my aging collection along with this years BCS :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:44 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Found some Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout from last year at the store. That will start my aging collection along with this years BCS :-)
Fantastic Score!
[Reply]
Jbailey 04:27 PM 12-12-2010
GI Bourbon County Stout? or more Black Chocolate stout?
[Reply]
icehog3 04:49 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
How about three weeks? :-)
It is the Rule of 3s. :-)
[Reply]
joeybear 10:31 AM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I have been drinking a lot of IPA's and pale ales lately. Mostly stuff from Bell's, Founders, and DFH. I can really tell a difference in taste from a fresh bottle and one that I have had for a week or two.
Lost the battle of will power, huh, after 2 whole weeks :-) I've got a lot of beer and most age pretty well, except for IPAs. I really will give them 6 months max and then I restock.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:31 AM 12-17-2010
I picked up four Allagash "black" Belgian Style Stout's in 750 ml bottles at Costco. Two, I drank with a friend last night to get a base impression. The remaining two I plan to age for 4-5 years.

What are your impressions on this beer?
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:59 AM 12-18-2010
GI Bourbon County Stout? or more Black Chocolate stout?
No more acronyms from me :-) I was referring to Black Chocolate stout. Isn't the Bourbon County Stout like impossible to find? I suppose I could do some searching around here.
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:07 PM 12-18-2010
No more acronyms from me :-) I was referring to Black Chocolate stout. Isn't the Bourbon County Stout like impossible to find? I suppose I could do some searching around here.
Maybe for you but for me Black Chocolate Stout is impossible for me to find around here. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:01 AM 12-20-2010
Maybe for you but for me Black Chocolate Stout is impossible for me to find around here. :-)
You mean at your house or in WI? :-)

Perhaps a trade is in order :-) There's one liqour store in Detroit that the GI website says has GI products. Unfortunately I'd be risking my life to go there to check it out :-) No exaggeration not one of the good areas in Detroit.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 10:07 AM 12-20-2010

Perhaps a trade is in order :-) There's one liqour store in Detroit that the GI website says has GI products. Unfortunately I'd be risking my life to go there to check it out :-) No exaggeration not one of the good areas in Detroit.
They must Have GMF'nI
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:24 PM 12-20-2010
Both. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:38 PM 12-20-2010

This man is NOT kidding. Do NOT go to detroit! I drove through there, got hit ....just say yea dude it's cool and walked on. I refuse to stop at a gas station in detroit.

I got a few other funny detroit stories, but well they aren't for OPEN discussion. As they sound horrible racist ...and it wasn't me...it was the Detroit PD!

As far as aging beer.....I drink it. It's too hard to age it. It's easy to not touch cigars when you have hundreds/thousands. It's hard not to see a delicious craft brew and not drink it. AMIRITE?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:09 PM 12-20-2010
I shared a bottle of 2002 Chocolate Stout at the VCM Holiday Herf yesterday. It was fantastic, very smooth, some folks said it was like a nice, rich sherry. Fortunately I still have 2 or 3 bottles left for additional special occasions.
[Reply]
slickster81 05:58 AM 12-21-2010
Pick me up and I'll go with ya.....CCW and a .40 S&W should get us there and back Christos! If we're talking Cass Corridor, I'll grab the AR-15 and a handful of xtra mags. :-)

[Reply]
fissure 06:34 AM 12-21-2010
Place by me has the BCS for $8 a 4 pack, and no need to venture in to Detroit:-)
[Reply]
slickster81 07:48 AM 12-21-2010
You're kinda a wet blanket aren't ya Steve? Shoot (pun intended) I figured me an' Christos would make a regular road trip of it and get a little adventure into his otherwise boring life....hehehe...

How you been man? Haven't heard from you in ages!

Originally Posted by fissure:
Place by me has the BCS for $8 a 4 pack, and no need to venture in to Detroit:-)

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up