Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>Your most valued/rare cigar is......?
ironchefscott 09:51 PM 06-17-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Gone, but not forgotten.

I remember someone saying there are no glass top cohibas? am I crazy?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:58 PM 06-17-2012
Originally Posted by ironchefscott:
I remember someone saying there are no glass top cohibas? am I crazy?
Yeah those would be fake. I'm thinking he's just joking.
[Reply]
ironchefscott 10:12 PM 06-17-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Yeah those would be fake. I'm thinking he's just joking.
Humor is lost on the internet sometimes....well if he was not joking ....he sure feels embarrassed:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:59 AM 06-18-2012
None of my cigars are rare or valued enough to escape me putting fire to them :-)
[Reply]
Ciro 10:15 AM 06-18-2012
No real "Rare" ones, but I do have a Triple Maddy that I've had sitting around for over a year. Everytime I want to light it something comes up and it just sits in the humi.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 11:12 AM 06-18-2012
I have a few Opus X that I have been sitting on for a while. I think the oldest is about 8 years now, none younger than 5. I am just to chicken **** to light it up.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:18 AM 06-18-2012
I don't keep singles or rare cigars for more than a few months, after that it's time to fire them up. If only to see if I want to get some while the getting is good.
[Reply]
Bax 11:27 AM 06-18-2012
Gone, but not forgotten.

:-) The rarest of all Cohibos.
[Reply]
JCole311 11:35 AM 06-18-2012
Mine are probably mostly sentimental value:

First release rolled by Perdomo for Drew Estate - La Vieja Habana (99?)
Drew Estate first release Chateau Real
Drew Estate first release Liga Privada #9
{these were all given to me from Jonathan when I worked for Drew Estate}

La Flor Dominicana Mysterioso
2 Padron Anniversario 1964 (2006) A size - given to me when my son was born
[Reply]
shilala 11:38 AM 06-18-2012
I have a couple cigars that Bruce sent me, Cuesta Rey's from Operation Enduring Freedom. They mean the world to me, I'll have them forever.
There's a bazillion rare, blah, blah cigars down there in the basement, none of which I'd miss. I do have lots of gifted cigars in my winador by my desk, those I look after very closely and enjoy having them as much as I do smoking them.
[Reply]
blugill 11:55 AM 06-18-2012
I've got a Monte Cristo 2001 tubo and a Romeo Y Julieta Museum Edition gifted me from Huy! Can't wait to light this one up, just waiting for a special occasion that's special enough.
Makes me wonder, what would that be? I mean what occasion would qualify smoking something so special?
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:59 AM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by blugill:
I mean what occasion would qualify smoking something so special?
Waking up is always a good start :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:07 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Waking up is always a good start :-)
Amen, brother. :-)
If another day above the grass isn't enough reason to celebrate, I'm doing something wrong.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:17 PM 06-18-2012
I have a few King of Spain Lanceros and Padrinos from VR farm that are both rare and hard to come by. All in all, my collection is nothing on the rare or valuable side.

A couple of cabs of Punch Super Selection, older Punch Coronas, maybe a cool thing here and there, but nothing like many of people on this forum.
[Reply]
OLS 12:26 PM 06-18-2012
Some of you guys laugh at that Glass-top box, I know people who would pay decent bucks for that box,
me being one of em. I have always wanted a Cohibo GTB but THAT ONE, man I have never SEEN that
one in particular. What a great looking style. I know it is sloppy, but the detail in the box is fantastic
with the picture-frame lid...WAY cool.
[Reply]
ironchefscott 12:28 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Amen, brother. :-)
If another day above the grass isn't enough reason to celebrate, I'm doing something wrong.
I second that
[Reply]
sikk50 12:46 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Most valued? You might not believe it, but it is a Gurkha in a glass tube. Why? It is the onloy cigar my Dad ever bought for me.

Rarest? Probably a Rafael Gonzales Vitola C.
Casa Fuente Double Corona for the same reason. It was the first cigar he bought me, just a week after he found out I smoked cigars. Mind you he's 100% anti so it means a lot to me
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:20 PM 06-18-2012
Gone, but not forgotten.

:-)

Brilliant
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:28 PM 06-18-2012
I have nothing rare.

My wife gave me an Opus X that I held on to, but she seemed to be offended that I wouldn't smoke it. I didn't want to smoke it because it was from her...

Tom gave me a '99 Partagas Lusitanias when I was just getting into smoking and it still sits in the humidor. I also have some '98 Bolivar PCs from Beagleone as well. Those hold some value to me.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:33 PM 06-18-2012
I have Pigs, Rats, LP#9's, T52's and various Viajes, etc., but the sticks that I tend to husband are my Triunfadors and Eperneys.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up