Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do people wearing backwards baseball caps lose credibilty with you?
yes 54 48.65%
no 37 33.33%
never thought about it 20 18.02%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
General Discussion>Poll About Baseball Caps
The Poet 02:31 PM 04-27-2010
I don't look at it as if the guy has his hat on backwards - I just figure the bozo's head's on backwards, so it ain't no thing. As for doing business with him, I'm as likely to do so as I would with any other person who obviously does not have their head on straight.
[Reply]
Darrell 02:31 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I frequently wear hats, and am pretty old school about them. Remove your hat when you walk indoors, no hats indoors. Remove your hat during the National Anthem, or when the flag passes you at a parade. No backwards hats.
I'm with you on all of that, except the backwards part. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:47 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
If you're been welding for over 22-23 years of that, I probably do.

Royalties will be paid in 6013s.
Hahaha 6011 will do Adam :-)
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I agree perception is real. However to assume someone is not credible because of the fashion they wear a baseball camp is ridiculous. If you're that judgmental based on something so small, you're going to miss out on a lot of good people in your life both in the work force and outside of it. :-)

We can agree to disagree.
Darrell,sometimes it isn't even worth a reply... sigh. (to clarify,I meant for me to reply)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:59 PM 04-27-2010
I'll tell you what...I am more comfortable in a ballcap (the small percentage of the time I ever wear one) worn backwards.

If anyone thinks I am not credible, or not intelligent because of it, that is your right.

Just don't be offended when I think you are shallow and suggest you take the stick out of your a$$. :-)
[Reply]
croatan 03:06 PM 04-27-2010
In a work setting: a backwards ball cap (or any ball cap for that matter) probably shouldn't get past the receptionist. Any other time when wearing a hat is appropriate, it doesn't matter to me (well, I guess it might look silly at the golf course). I only wear them to keep the sun off, so the backwards thing doesn't really work for me personally--I think it makes my head look even funnier.
[Reply]
kydsid 03:08 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
In a work setting: a backwards ball cap (or any ball cap for that matter) probably shouldn't get past the receptionist.
I wear a hat at work and get past the receptionist every time.

Of course it could be the badge on my belt. Nahhh. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:09 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'll tell you what...I am more comfortable in a ballcap (the small percentage of the time I ever wear one) worn backwards.

If anyone thinks I am not credible, or not intelligent because of it, that is your right.

Just don't be offended when I think you are shallow and suggest you take the stick out of your a$$. :-)
Not offended :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:10 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Not offended :-)
That made me laugh out loud, Brother. :-)
[Reply]
croatan 03:13 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I wear a hat at work and get past the receptionist every time.

Of course it could be the badge on my belt. Nahhh. :-)
:-) I need one of those!
[Reply]
kydsid 03:19 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
:-) I need one of those!
I got spare junior officer badges from bring your son/daughter to work day. One will be on its way as fast as someone sells you out and pm's me your address. :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 03:28 PM 04-27-2010

100% agree with you!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:57 PM 04-27-2010
I'm old enough now, I've earned the right to keep a stick up my a$$, thank you. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:06 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I'm old enough now, I've earned the right to keep a stick up my a$$, thank you. :-)
Absolutely, Thomas...and I have earned the right to wear my cap however I please. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:12 PM 04-27-2010
Absolutely, Thomas...and I have earned the right to wear my cap however I please. :-)
Absolutely.

All this makes me recall a thought I've had before. Someday soon, some doctor's gonna prep for Granny's gallbladder operation, pull up her gown, see some odd-looking bruise and stretch out her 83-year-old skin to get a better look, then wonder what a tattoo saying "Whitesnake Rules" means. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:14 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Absolutely.

All this makes me recall a thought I've had before. Someday soon, some doctor's gonna prep for Granny's gallbladder operation, pull up her gown, see some odd-looking bruise and stretch out her 83-year-old skin to get a better look, then wonder what a tattoo saying "Whitesnake Rules" means. :-)
Now that's funny...and probably 100% accurate. :-)
[Reply]
nomadicwookie 04:16 PM 04-27-2010
In my short time I've learned to pay more attention to peoples words and even more importantly their actions rather than their attire.
[Reply]
1badhog07 04:39 PM 04-27-2010
[quote=replicant_argent;841598]

Yep, that's the pic I was thinking of.

Nice hat, Tom. :-)
Nice t-shirt also:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:43 PM 04-27-2010
[quote=1badhog07;842075]
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:

Nice t-shirt also:-)
A Shack Herf tradition. :-)
[Reply]
1badhog07 04:46 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Credibility? Sort of. I let anyone get the first 10 words out of their mouth before I think they are really stupid or not credible just because of a hat.

But to be honest I agree with George Carlin:

Sorry Tom and everyone else I'll still smoke a cigar with you any time.
Very funny,but very true:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:45 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Unless they are catching for a baseball team - yep. It makes about as much sense to me as wearing a pair of pants backwards..... (or down to your knees).
That's where I got the "backwards hat" thing. I wore a mask for lots of years, it was just more natural.
The whole backwards hat thing doesn't bother me at all. The backwards crooked thing, that's goofy. It doesn't "bother me" so much as I think it just plain looks stupid.
Never really gave it any thought till now.
The pants thing bugs me, and I tell kids to pull their pants up all the time. Once again, it's just stupid. I tell kids to get a haircut all the time, too. Can't stand to see a young man flicking the hair out of his eyes like a girl.
The hair flicking thing, I gotta admit, bothers me. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up