Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 14
« First < 234 56 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?
dwoodward 02:18 PM 08-15-2010
I am surprised about all the Gurkha hate... I have had over a dozen of them and have found them to be very consistent and never had one that I didn't like.

And someone here said they took 2 puffs and put it down? Really? Even the best cigars sometimes start out funny.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:43 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I am surprised about all the Gurkha hate... I have had over a dozen of them and have found them to be very consistent and never had one that I didn't like.
I must be the Bizarro dwoodward... I have had over a dozen of them and never had one I did like. :-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 04:58 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:

And someone here said they took 2 puffs and put it down? Really? Even the best cigars sometimes start out funny.

There's funny, there's rancid, and then there's "If I continue to smoke this I'll probably end up in the hospital / I question the cigars claim that this is made of tobacco."

I'd imagine the two puffer's are in the last category.
[Reply]
lovenhim 06:14 PM 08-15-2010
Keep in mind that I am new to all of this, but one day I was in my local smock shop and I bout a flavored Phillie Blunt...I forgot which flavor it was. That thing was horrid.
[Reply]
bsmokin 06:27 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by lovenhim:
Keep in mind that I am new to all of this, but one day I was in my local smock shop and I bout a flavored Phillie Blunt...I forgot which flavor it was. That thing was horrid.

I then to learn the hard way as well... :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 06:43 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by lovenhim:
Haha, I don't think they are intended to be smoked as cigars, at least not the filler.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:58 PM 08-15-2010
Gurkha tripel something or another. It had a sour/metallic taste to it. I guess it was like putting your loose change from your pocket in your mouth:-)
[Reply]
Mayor 07:33 AM 08-16-2010
Professor Sila ....back in 1997 during the boom. It tasted like nothing, no flavor...well maybe some paper or something.
[Reply]
T.G 08:44 AM 08-16-2010
The White Owl Pineapple that I reviewed here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21847

Even the Lars Tetens Gorilla Finger and Cremosa Cuba were better than that cigar, or, at least I didn't get chemical burns from the smoke on them.
[Reply]
gbum 09:15 AM 08-16-2010
nc
santiago
maroma

cc
guantanamera
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:52 AM 08-16-2010
La Vieja Habana. Terrible. They were like gasoline infused turds.
[Reply]
GolfNut 09:55 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
La Vieja Habana. Terrible. They were like gasoline infused turds.
+1

Nasty

Some folks must like them, I am not one.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:00 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
+1

Nasty

Some folks must like them, I am not one.
And some people like Pinapple infused White Owls, too! :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:13 AM 08-16-2010
Once you get past the part about feeling like someone just poured liquid Draino all over your face and tounge, I'd say that the Pineapple White Owl is a decent cigar.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:26 AM 08-16-2010
I started smoking cigars about a year ago and really have not had a "worst cigar". Though admittedly have not strayed far from what are generally considered good cigars.

Way back, before I started smoking cigars, I had what must have been hundreds of crappy cigars....though have no idea what they were.... They were the exact reason before last September, regardless of the cigar offered, I probably would have declined due to my previous experiences....

P.S. I was belly laughing at Tom's reviews.... Funniest thing I have read in weeks, maybe longer...
[Reply]
jmsremax 10:41 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Gurkha tripel something or another. It had a sour/metallic taste to it. I guess it was like putting your loose change from your pocket in your mouth:-)

Ghurka FTL! (for the loss)

[Reply]
Subvet642 10:43 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Once you get past the part about feeling like someone just poured liquid Draino all over your face and tounge, I'd say that the Pineapple White Owl is a decent cigar.
Mmmm, Drano!
[Reply]
ujponds 10:50 AM 08-16-2010
You should try it in a Maduro. . . Perfection!
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:56 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
You should try it in a Maduro. . . Perfection!
I'll hafta take your word on that.
[Reply]
T.G 11:20 AM 08-16-2010
Mmmm, Drano!
No, not really.

Now, if it were Liquid-Plumr, that's something I could get behind.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up