General Discussion>Your greatest accomplishment
e-man67 08:38 PM 01-23-2010
My kids and wife.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:01 PM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Congrats to all.

For me, my Avatar.
Not really my accomplishment solely as he is my grandson but he came via my daughter.
So to my Avatar, add my daughter and my son.
The three rank as one.
I hope I can see my grandson to adulthood as I have seen my two kids.
To date, darn lucky of me.
Very touching post. However, given your current avatar, pretty funny now.
[Reply]
htown 04:35 AM 01-24-2010
Tomorrow will be ten years of continuous sobriety for me. I was an everyday drinker with a lil cocaine and pill problem thrown in as well. I could also say my marrriage and raising three boys, but none of that would have happened without being sober.
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:09 AM 01-24-2010
For me it's more of one decision made than any credit I can give myself for a great accomplishment. A decision that I made to leave my small home town. (Trust me it's a big deal to leave if you grow up there) Not a great accomplishment right? Millions of young people do it every year. Well, I firmly believe I would be in jail or dead if I had not made that decision. What lead me to make that move is a story in it's self that I won't bore you with here. That one decision changed me forever and sent me on a road through life that I wouldn't change for the world. It brought me a woman that I truly believe deserves better but has stood with me for over 22 years. Three sons that no father anywhere could be more proud of. And, of course you folks.

If the above doesn't count as a personal accomplishment I'll go with the following:

Even though my parents are gone I try each and every day to be a son they would be proud of. I hope they approve.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 09:27 AM 01-24-2010
I cannot honestly say I've accomplished anything by myself. I am thankful for the Lord, the values my parents taught me and the generosity and love of the people in my life.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:32 AM 01-24-2010
kgraybill....thanks for reviving this, it was a joy to read through... Congrats to every one of you. Every accomplishment is GREAT in its own way.

Though I feel good about quite a few things I have managed in my "almost" 40 years... Like many above, these two top the list and it isn't close.... I had/have a lot of help and it is a work in progress, but both continue to fill me with pride daily....
[Reply]
kgraybill 09:52 AM 01-24-2010
That is an awesome smile on you daughter. Geat pic.

Originally Posted by E.J.:
kgraybill....thanks for reviving this, it was a joy to read through... Congrats to every one of you. Every accomplishment is GREAT in its own way.

Though I feel good about quite a few things I have managed in my "almost" 40 years... Like many above, these two top the list and it isn't close.... I had/have a lot of help and it is a work in progress, but both continue to fill me with pride daily....

[Reply]
CigarDisciple 10:07 AM 01-24-2010
I gave up drinking almost 21 yrs ago, and quit cigarettes 15 yrs ago, but started smoking cigars. I had to use a 12 step program with the drinking but it worked for me.:-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 10:27 AM 01-24-2010
Surviving cancer...
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:36 AM 01-24-2010
I have to update my greatest accomplishment to graduating the basic 55 day part of the Border Patrol Academy, and having 4 weeks left before graduating from the Spanish portion and finally being pushed out into the field.
[Reply]
kgraybill 06:45 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by kgraybill:
Tell us your greatest accomplishment.

Mine is:
I have been alcohol free for 15 years:-). I was drinking about a case of beer a day and whatever else was around.
I quit on wedding day in 1993. No pressure from anyone, I just knew that I had to do it. God does answer prayers. No 12 step programs needed no dt's. I have not wanted to have a real drink since.

I still like the taste of beer so I keep a six pack of Becks non alcoholic around to enjoy with my evening stogie.
This Saturday 4/17 marks 17 Still married and still sober.
[Reply]
MortonMilo 07:13 PM 04-15-2010
Everyone's accomplishments are humbling, to say the least. Congrats to everyone on all they've done.

My biggest accomplishment will be happening in a few weeks. I signed up for a bone marrow registry a few years ago and recently came up as a match. Although I don't know who the recipient is (they keep it anonymous), I feel fortunate to be able to help give them a second chance.
[Reply]
forgop 07:18 PM 04-15-2010
I'd say being able to watch my 3 kids (ages 7, 5, and 3) enjoying themselves and experiencing new things for the first time. My son that just turned 3 is all motor and such a joy to watch.
[Reply]
forgop 07:20 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
Everyone's accomplishments are humbling, to say the least. Congrats to everyone on all they've done.

My biggest accomplishment will be happening in a few weeks. I signed up for a bone marrow registry a few years ago and recently came up as a match. Although I don't know who the recipient is (they keep it anonymous), I feel fortunate to be able to help give them a second chance.
:-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:24 PM 04-15-2010
my greatest accomplishment would be to be able to make my daughter smile and being a generally good father.
[Reply]
andrew 11:23 AM 04-16-2010
No great accomplishment really, but finishing combat medic school was a pretty big deal for me.

I'll update this when I get my MD. :-)
[Reply]
poker 11:52 AM 04-16-2010
Got clean off of coke & heroin back in Jan of 1990. Went from living in my car (all my worldly possessions I still had fit in the trunk) at the time, to forming my own service corporation in the high tech industry 6 years ago. Talk about starting over from scratch. :-)
[Reply]
poker 11:57 AM 04-16-2010
....Oh, and being part of a team effort to create a place where many call home. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:42 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by macms:
This past June marked my 32nd year of sobriety. Unlike you, I needed a little help. :-)
On April 5th, I had 7 years. I needed lots of help. Still do every single day. Thank God all you earth people are here for me to lean on. :-)
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Finding Grace.
Me too, Vinny. Me too.
I couldn't get by for a single moment without it. :-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 12:46 PM 04-16-2010
This is one of the greatest threads I have ever read. Many congrats to everyone and your achievements/accomplishments.

I have a few also.

1. Being the first in my family to attend college.
2. My husband/marriage. He's half my heart and my world.
3. Mine and Sledn's son Zachary. He's the other half of my heart and of my world.
4. Quitting smoking cigarettes in September of 2009, after smoking on and off from the age of 12. 22 years and I quit cold turkey. I have the craving for one every now and then and miss it at times. But in a few weeks, 8 months clean.
5. Still a work in progress... But, beating panic attacks that turned into panic disorder. It changed my life along with my family's. But I strive to make the most of everyday. To be the happiest I can be. And to love my husband and son, along with my family and friends.
Attached: Wes and I Nov. 2005.jpg (38.7 KB) DSC04796.jpg (57.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up