Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Entertainment>The Pacific - DISCUSSION THREAD
hscmit 07:26 PM 03-08-2011
just started watching the series first 2 episodes were good and on 3 now
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:33 PM 03-08-2011
Don't want to ruin it for you James, But my favorite part was when.................... :-) :-)

Never made it through!

I assume we won :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:36 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Don't want to ruin it for you James, But my favorite part was when.................... :-) :-)

Never made it through!

I assume we won :-)
I hear thats how it turns out
[Reply]
hotreds 08:02 PM 03-08-2011
Picked up several books the series was based on including the companion book to the series. The Series is on my Netflix queue.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:19 PM 03-08-2011
watching episode 4 now and enjoying the series
it is a lot easier for me to get into shows when I can marathon through them
[Reply]
smokehouse 08:53 AM 03-09-2011
I thought it was a pretty good series. They hyped it up to be better than Band of Brothers, but I thought Band of Brothers was better.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:19 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
I think it's multiple things, the primary one being that BoB was based on a single book that had taken many different individual experiences and used them to create a single cohesive storyline with a standardized narration style because it's written by a single author. The Pacific is based on 2 primary works written by very different men with different viewpoints and opinions, and that naturally leads to the story line being more disjointed than BoB. Both those works were also personal memoires written more as exercises in self-catharsis than as the historical essays/analysis which BoB was intended to be before HBO turned it into the mini-series.

Ultimately The Pacific is a very different mini-series that BoB, but that's fitting considering the PTO was a very different war and experience than the ETO.
I agree with this. I don't think The Pacific was as good as BoB simply because of the source material. As much as I wanted to enjoy The Pacific, I just found myself not caring for the characters in the way that I did in BoB.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up