Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are you a collector or are you a smoker?
zemekone 04:27 PM 03-22-2011
smoker...
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:48 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I collect them to have the opportunity to smoke them over my forseable life/smoking career.

In the movie Bicentennial man, Andrew was finally granted acknowledgment that he was human and thus the oldest recorded living human being at 200 years old.

My plan also seems to incorporate breaking that record. :-)

Dave, I grant you the acknowledgment that you are indeed human! :-)

There! Way before 200 years! You broke the record!
:-)

Now, go smoke something nice!!!:-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 06:11 PM 03-22-2011
Smoker, no collection to speak of yet, I buy a couple, smoke em, buy a couple more.
[Reply]
kgoings 06:23 PM 03-22-2011
Smoker I dont have anything 'Special' enough to just sit in my humidor. But when I get a new box I do have a difficult time smoking the first one...something beautiful about a full box.
[Reply]
Retiredguy 08:37 AM 03-23-2011
Smoker,
I'd like to try aging cigars, but, everything I buy seems to be gone in just a few months. The only ones that seem to get any age are an occasional single that I lose track of or a few that I've lost interest in.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:55 AM 03-23-2011
I'm an acquirer in order to be a smoker. That has provided me with my collection of cigars on hand waiting to be smoked.

See, makes perfect sense. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:07 AM 03-23-2011
I seriously have trouble getting to any singles that were gifts! I usually save them for a special occasion or a herf, where I can express my appreciation.

I enjoy an average of five cigars per week. I find collecting boxes difficult. Once they are open, they're gone.

[Reply]
craiggory 10:38 AM 03-23-2011
I'm not sure. I love to smoke 'em, but I agree with Darrell--I have a hard time smoking a cigar single. If it's a box or a five-pack, I don't have trouble smoking them. Something about the idea that "when it's gone it's gone" bothers me.
[Reply]
Apoco 11:02 AM 03-23-2011
Collector. Especially as of late.

However, it isn't because I mark any given stick as not to be touched, but because I saw white in my cooler and had to fill it (note: no more white to be seen. Can I tape the cigars to the lid somehow?) :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:03 AM 03-23-2011
I'm a collector that smokes...alot. I try to buy multiple boxes of what I like in the hopes of getting some age on them, but the reality is nothing is safe from my lighter. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 11:53 AM 03-23-2011
I like buying aged smokes (that have been properly cared for). Then I don't have to wait. Just picked up a little over a half cab of 05 PLPC's, a few 05 Cohiba coronas especiales, an 01 CoLa, and a couple 98 HU Monarcas. Can't wait until it warms up so I can enjoy them.
[Reply]
ylo2na 02:58 PM 03-23-2011
collector and smoker.... I find it difficult to buy a 5 pak, it usually is the full box even if I havent tried the "stick", except for the reading of reviews and CL recommendations from fellow BOTL.
I must admit I am a sucker for a sale even if I have a few boxes of the sale cigar...cant pass that up.
ylo2na
[Reply]
Goldie 03:42 PM 03-23-2011
I like to think I am a smoker, but until we start seeing consistent warm temps, I'm stuck as a collector. I don't really smoke in my house, so my options are limited.
[Reply]
Chemyst 07:42 PM 03-23-2011
I collect State Quarters and golden Presidential Dollars.
I smoke cigars.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
pektel 07:54 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Goldie:
I like to think I am a smoker, but until we start seeing consistent warm temps, I'm stuck as a collector. I don't really smoke in my house, so my options are limited.
I hear that. Right now i'm in acquisition mode.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:25 PM 03-30-2011
I'm a recovering "collector" who's slowly but surely amending his ways
and becoming a smoker! :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 02:35 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
I'm a recovering "collector" who's slowly but surely amending his ways
and becoming a smoker! :-)
One day at a time...
[Reply]
Tredegar 04:40 PM 03-30-2011
I am a smoker, but do feel sort of a sense of loss when I smoke the last cigar from from an irreplaceable box.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:16 AM 04-12-2011
If you get into the "aging thing" and stay interested in the hobby long enough, it's only natural to "put some away" to experience the natual evolution of a particular cigar/cigars as they age.

It's been 6 years since I bought my first NC. Have spent bank on vintage cigars but the vast majority of cigars I own were fresh on purchase.

My evolving theory is that there is a crossover point where the purchased vintage that I more than not smoke now evolves to smoking cigars that I have personally aged.

I guess what I'm saying is my goal is to become Derrek. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:16 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I guess what I'm saying is my goal is to become Derrek. :-)
A worthy goal indeed. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up