Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
General Discussion>Snus?
wayner123 07:33 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:37 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.
Thanks for volunteering, Wayne! :-) :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 07:50 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Thanks for volunteering, Wayne! :-) :-)
Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.
[Reply]
357 08:44 AM 10-08-2010
Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.
I was just saying if people are going to pay $4.50+/can plus $7 shipping, some of us Detroiters might be able to save you a few bucks. Not a ton, but they are $3.99/can and as many as can fit into a $5 flat rate box.

Not sure if it's worth the trouble, but it might be worthwhile. If getsnus or northerner offer free shipping for 10 cans or more, our offer might be moot.
[Reply]
fissure 09:43 AM 10-08-2010
Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.
[Reply]
357 10:05 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by fissure:
Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.
That's true.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:11 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by fissure:
I'm gonna go checkout what they have but I'm pretty sure it's just mini mint, wintergreen, mint and silver. If there was a group buy put together I'm sure it would be cheaper..
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:55 AM 10-08-2010
They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:58 AM 10-08-2010
what is silver?
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 11:00 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
what is silver?
Silver is the regular (unflavored) General snus.

MCS
[Reply]
wayner123 11:04 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS
That truly sucks. Oh well, $13 shipping spread out over a few people ain't much.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:42 PM 10-19-2010
DayUm... I just went to a couple sites to get some General White Portion Mint. The price for 50 cans came out to $148.80... not bad. Shipping was $18.99... not bad. The killer was the tobacco tax of $112.50!!! WTF!!!!

If anyone knows how to help a brother out I would appreciate it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:55 PM 10-19-2010
Whoa! Not good!
[Reply]
357 07:25 AM 10-20-2010
I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 01:33 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.
Thanks for the offer brother... I decided to go another route. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:53 PM 11-15-2010
Selling some: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38945
[Reply]
wavescrashing 10:01 PM 11-15-2010
I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans) :-)
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.
[Reply]
druturn 10:13 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans) :-)
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.
I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 10:22 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by druturn:
I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.
Yeah, I've got a roll in the freezer of the General extra sterk, 02, Skruf extra, Odens Cinnamon extra sterk, 1887, and a couple stragglers. I'm not a fan of Ettan or Nick and Johnny snus (tried almost all).
I've got some rolls coming along with a few extra cans of new stuff I wanted to try:
General Long Sterk
Gotlandssnus Julesnus (Christmas) Portion

If the Christmas release turns out nice, I'll order a roll or two before they pull them off the shelf after Christmas time.
I'll do a mini review of those when they come in.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:29 PM 11-15-2010
Snus'ing right now.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up