Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 10
« First < 234 56 > Last »
General Discussion>Let's see those '10 gardens
HK3- 08:17 PM 06-01-2010
^ Gardens lookin great Jamie! :-)

The rain down here has really been paying off. The tomato plants have gone ape sh*t and one is out growing his cage. Picked 6 blueberries this morning. Will take more photos soon.
[Reply]
HK3- 09:38 AM 06-06-2010
Have some updated photos-

My tomato plants are pumping out little green guys and the one on the left is growing like a weed!

I was picking some blueberries and eating them right off the bush when I was cutting grass.... Later I noticed the dog taking a leak on them. :-)

Some flowers...

My camera is about to take a dump so I think I may be camera shopping soon.
The screen is starting to show lines across it and some are showing up in pictures. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:05 PM 06-06-2010
Lisa and I got the whole garden in last week. All our seeds are up, everything is doing great. I got pics for ya Hal, they're at home and I'm in Ohio. I'll get some up as soon as I possibly can.
[Reply]
HK3- 03:23 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Lisa and I got the whole garden in last week. All our seeds are up, everything is doing great. I got pics for ya Hal, they're at home and I'm in Ohio. I'll get some up as soon as I possibly can.
Looking forward to seeing them Scott! :-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 04:37 PM 06-06-2010
I generally just lurk on this thread, but wanted to post to say I'm enjoying the pictures and discussion.

In AZ, the concept of a garden is a bit different than in other places... something I wouldn't mind looking into if I created the time to do it.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:35 PM 06-06-2010
Frikken deer necessitate more fence to close off the yard. This is almost done.

And here's how much was done this morning, more is done now.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:47 AM 06-07-2010
Lance- Putting up all that fence does not look like fun. You guys must have a serious deer population.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:30 AM 06-07-2010
A single deer can do serious damage to a garden in one night. A few deer in repeated attacks can make it impossible to grow most things. Add the gophers and you see why I am going to the barriers. They only have to be built once. I am adding to the fence that my neighbors built to keep the deer out of their yard. Before, I had a fence only around the garden and the grapes. Once this is finished the whole yard will be closed in.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:06 AM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
A single deer can do serious damage to a garden in one night. A few deer in repeated attacks can make it impossible to grow most things. Add the gophers and you see why I am going to the barriers. They only have to be built once. I am adding to the fence that my neighbors built to keep the deer out of their yard. Before, I had a fence only around the garden and the grapes. Once this is finished the whole yard will be closed in.
:-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 10:49 AM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Frikken deer necessitate more fence to close off the yard. This is almost done.
was done this morning, more is done now.
If you having deer problems..... I have solutions..... then you will have meat to eat with your veggies.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:22 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
If you having deer problems..... I have solutions..... then you will have meat to eat with your veggies.
:-) I love deer.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:31 PM 06-15-2010
Got planted:

Artichokes
Beets
Curly Endive
Celery
Red & Yellow Onions
Leeks
Sugar Snap Peas
Pole Greenbeans
Pumpkin
Cantaloupe
Honeydew Mellon
Watermellon
Regular & Lemon Cucumbers
Zucchini, Crooked Neck, & Sunburst Squash
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Corn
Lettuce
Radish
Carrot seeds from last year that haven't sprouted yet. Maybe they will.

Other places in the yard are grapes, oregano, sage, rosemary, chives, dill, strawberries, mint and fruit trees that feed the birds. We almost never get the fruit, what there is of it.
Next year I think I'll start a couple of beehives so I can get some fruit from the trees.
[Reply]
shilala 02:40 PM 06-15-2010
I got the very last of my plants planted today. Lisa's son Cole planted vincas in my hanging baskets out front.
I need to thin out the corn and get Hal some video, and all will be right in the world. :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 06:28 PM 06-15-2010
All of my 30 or so black bean plants produced off real quick. I pulled them all out of the ground and me and the future wifey shucked beans. We got a heaping bowl full.
Have raided the green beens three times. Ate a bunch, froze sum, and gave sum away. Still got more comming.
The Okra isn't doing as well as planned. Alot of plants didn't come up. But got enough to fry up a meal or two with.
The cucumbers are overtaking my garden. They are stretched out to about 10' plus. I have gotten about a half dozen so far. Got a pile of blooms and now they have room to roam now that the black beans are out of thier way. Next year I have a better plan on them to run them away from the garden.
I have gotten 3 or 4 bell peppers. And two handfuls of banana peppers that im going to put into a bacon cheeseburger fatty like "Mr B" did.

This is already a hott summer here in the deep south of MS and the garden is trying to cope with the heat. I am watering it in the late evening to make sure they don't dry out.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:20 AM 06-16-2010
I got the very last of my plants planted today. Lisa's son Cole planted vincas in my hanging baskets out front.
I need to thin out the corn and get Hal some video, and all wi:-)be right in the world. :-)
You know I'm just bustin your nuts Scott. No rush. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:52 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
You know I'm just bustin your nuts Scott. No rush. :-)
I know, it's fun though. :-)
The whole garden is floating right now. Lake Shilala is back, it stormed all night and I live in flood land.
I wanted to get in there and get the corn thinned out today. If I do, it'll be a miracle.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:14 AM 06-16-2010
Frost! Frost! It's mid June and it's in the upper 30s and there's frost on my rooftops!
The latest frost I can remember was the last day of May about five years ago.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:12 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
I have gotten 3 or 4 bell peppers. And two handfuls of banana peppers that im going to put into a bacon cheeseburger fatty like "Mr B" did.

:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:07 AM 06-22-2010
I rushed this garden video into production because Halitosis was busting my balls.
You can watch it in HD and it ain't too awful.
Don't make fun of me because my garden is so far behind, we can't usually plant till the tenth of June. I got stuff in the last week of May, which is more than two weeks before we can usually plant.
The moon was right this year, so I could plant early. If the full moon is going to be after the tenth of June, it won't frost here. Before the tenth, it will on a clear night, and it never fails to wreck everyone's gardens. So I just checked the full moon at the end of May, and checked that against the extended weather report, and voila. Super early garden. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 09:36 AM 06-22-2010
I rushed this garden video into production because Halitosis was busting my balls.
You can watch it in HD and it ain't too awful.
Don't make fun of me because my garden is so far behind, we can't usually plant till the tenth of June. I got stuff in the last week of May, which is more than two weeks before we can usually plant.
The moon was right this year, so I could plant early. If the full moon is going to be after the tenth of June, it won't frost here. Before the tenth, it will on a clear night, and it never fails to wreck everyone's gardens. So I just checked the full moon at the end of May, and checked that against the extended weather report, and voila. Super early garden. :-)
EXCELLENT video Scott! :-) Made me laugh out loud when you got to the basil :-):-)

I finally got a new camera. I may have to attempt one of these videos.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up