Sports>We are for real this year!!!!
Blueface 12:15 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Boy-I-love-loosing-Super Bowls!!!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:48 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I don't think so.. Like I said in another thread, remember Eli his first year? He was garbage. Everyone thought he was a bust and would never pan out. He's no Peyton but he gets the job done and he gets it done very well.

I was hoping, as were most Jet fans that Sanchez wouldn't have a "rookie" year and that he would show up and make the plays. The first 3 games he didn't look great but he looked good enough to get through his rookie year as a success and as the QB of a winning team. His "rookieness" is starting to show. I'm hoping he can get it together fast, but I have no doubts he will become a great qb whether it be sometime this year or next year. He will get past his rookie year and become a force to be reckoned with. He has the talent and the smarts, everything else will come with time and training.
The difference between Sanchez and Eli is Eli has a brother named Peyton to help him out. Whether Sanchez turns out to be the next great thing or the next Ryan Leaf is anybodys guess at this point, the guy played for 1 year as a starter in college and guys with much more impressive college resumes have gone on to fail stupendously in the Not For Long. I was actually a little surprised during the Miami game to hear one of the announcers say "he should have stayed in college"
[Reply]
Blueface 01:02 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
The difference between Sanchez and Eli is Eli has a brother named Peyton to help him out. Whether Sanchez turns out to be the next great thing or the next Ryan Leaf is anybodys guess at this point, the guy played for 1 year as a starter in college and guys with much more impressive college resumes have gone on to fail stupendously in the Not For Long. I was actually a little surprised during the Miami game to hear one of the announcers say "he should have stayed in college"
Yeah, Ryan Leaf came to mind but couldn't remember the name.
Amazing how his career went to crap - all in the head.
That is why I am concerned for Sanchez. Not all QB's can handle being thrown a the wolves in their first year, surviving and going on to greatness.
As an example of more recent history, post Leaf, of young QB's being thrown at the rough wolves is Brady Quinn.
Look at him now, benched for a lousy QB, Anderson.
Unfortunately, I think the chances are greater Sanchez can fail then they are he will survive. However, if he makes it, I truly think he will have made it, if that makes sense.
[Reply]
shilala 02:12 PM 10-19-2009
Here's a couple comparisons to stoke the fire...
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco.
Flacco came out and sat the world on fire, so did Ben.
A year later and Flacco looks unflappable in the pocket. Yesterday he drove Baltimore back to a win that didn't happen.
Ben gets better every year.
Sanchez froze his balls off yesterday. He's going to have to get used to it. The kid has never played a game in the snow in his life. He's never even seen a frozen football much less thrown one. It's no wonder he had the kind of day he did.
I think he's easily the same kind of quarterback as Ben and Flacco, and he's going to do very well. He might need to go play in Tampa Bay though. :-)

Mind ya, I'm sticking up for the kid, and I love watching the Jets lose. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 02:54 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Here's a couple comparisons to stoke the fire...
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco.
Flacco came out and sat the world on fire, so did Ben.
A year later and Flacco looks unflappable in the pocket. Yesterday he drove Baltimore back to a win that didn't happen.
Ben gets better every year.
Sanchez froze his balls off yesterday. He's going to have to get used to it. The kid has never played a game in the snow in his life. He's never even seen a frozen football much less thrown one. It's no wonder he had the kind of day he did.
I think he's easily the same kind of quarterback as Ben and Flacco, and he's going to do very well. He might need to go play in Tampa Bay though. :-)

Mind ya, I'm sticking up for the kid, and I love watching the Jets lose. :-)
Shilala keep it up I have your address... :-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 12:03 AM 10-20-2009
Hate to see players get hurt even on hated rivals. losing Jenkins is gonna hurt. Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back next year. 3 knee inj is alot for a 300+lb guy.

That said .... Dirty looked awful ... 5 picks? Buffalo? Ouch.
[Reply]
DBall 08:41 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by 2000ARMY:

That said .... Dirty looked awful ... 5 picks? Buffalo? Ouch.

was it only 5? felt like 10. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 01:51 PM 11-06-2009
Anyone want to bet the Jets won't lose this week! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 02:26 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Anyone want to bet the Jets won't lose this week! :-) :-)
Wouldn't do that.
It is the Jets you know.
Bye week or not, they just may figure out a way to lose.:-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:43 PM 11-06-2009
The airplanes started their decent early this season, they don't usually crash until November.
I think fat Ryan needs to call someone?
Win the division they won't even make the playoffs.
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:02 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The airplanes started their decent early this season, they don't usually crash until November.
I think fat Ryan needs to call someone?
Win the division they won't even make the playoffs.
He needs to shut his pie hole, because all he does is fire the other team up with all of his jibber jabber. :-)

Mr T has a tip for Mr. Ryan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eisa5AZ20W0
[Reply]
coastietech 07:13 AM 11-07-2009
We'll make the playoff and finish in 1st in our division. Our schedule gets easier while the Pats schedule gets harder.

We've beat some good teams already including the Pats and Houston and we are only a game and a half behind the Pats who have their toughest part of the season coming up.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:22 PM 11-15-2009
Look's like it's time to start a wait til next year thread :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:25 PM 11-15-2009
:-)
JETS - Just End The Season
[Reply]
RJK18 04:57 PM 11-15-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
JETS - Just End The Season
:-) this year, last year, next year? Really, whats the difference? No matter who the owner, who the GM, who the coach, who the qb,etc,etc. this team is a heartbreaker.
SAME OL' JETS
[Reply]
dunng 05:50 PM 11-15-2009
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:17 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
:-) :-)
what do you have to laugh about, :-):-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:18 PM 11-17-2009
I actually almost feel sorry for the Jets this week.

Belichick is not going to be happy about losing to the Colts, and like most bullies, when they can't pick on the big kids, they pick on the little ones.......
[Reply]
DBall 06:14 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I actually almost feel sorry for the Jets this week.

Belichick is not going to be happy about losing to the Colts, and like most bullies, when they can't pick on the big kids, they pick on the little ones.......
Who knows... another couple stupid play calls by the Belly and we may leave this week with a "W"
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:28 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
Who knows... another couple stupid play calls by the Belly and we may leave this week with a "W"
Just hope he doesn't go into Darth Hoodie mode.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up