Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
All Cigar Discussion>Strongest cigar you've ever smoked?
Islayphile 09:41 AM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
Recently I tried a Surrogates Bone Crusher. Sad to say but I had to pitch it about half way through as it was kicking my ass! Shame, the cigar tasted good, just so strong.
That's a shame

They have been by far my favorite cigar for the past year or so
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:30 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
That's a shame

They have been by far my favorite cigar for the past year or so
It was a shame, I really enjoyed the flavors, but the nic hit me hard and I had to toss it. Maybe it was just the day or something else but I was reeling pretty good.
[Reply]
RobR1205 09:31 PM 12-18-2013
Any other brave souls here smoke an entire punisher? Definitely hurting after that one.
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 09:38 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
Recently I tried a Surrogates Bone Crusher. Sad to say but I had to pitch it about half way through as it was kicking my ass! Shame, the cigar tasted good, just so strong.
I have one of those in my cooler-dor. Thanks for the warning :-)
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:44 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by DirtRider500R:
I have one of those in my cooler-dor. Thanks for the warning :-)
FYI, do not smoke a cigar and then go out for a ride. Ask me how I know this!:-)

I was working on my top end rebuild on my '06 Crf450 when I smoked the Bone Crusher. Maybe a few years in the humi will mellow this out though.
[Reply]
dave 08:07 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Any other brave souls here smoke an entire punisher? Definitely hurting after that one.
Sort of. Not as designed, though. After about 15 minutes of suffering through the Tabasco gimmick, I wet the entire head/shoulders and wiped it down with a napkin. Tolerable enough to finish, but won't have another. Once the pepper sauce was gone, it wasn't terribly strong.
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:36 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Bryan Glynn takes one down, like a boss.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ5Hazm...%3DgZ5HazmBAik
[Reply]
Heavy_d 10:31 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by dave:
Sort of. Not as designed, though. After about 15 minutes of suffering through the Tabasco gimmick, I wet the entire head/shoulders and wiped it down with a napkin. Tolerable enough to finish, but won't have another. Once the pepper sauce was gone, it wasn't terribly strong.
I actually had to look these up, as I've heard them mentioned in passing, but never really knew anything about them. From all the reviews I read, it seems these are just pure on pepper flavor. Now I'm a fan of hot sauce and spicy foods, and I do enjoy a strong cigar from time to time, but this, no, just no. :-)
[Reply]
RobR1205 04:00 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by Heavy_d:
I actually had to look these up, as I've heard them mentioned in passing, but never really knew anything about them. From all the reviews I read, it seems these are just pure on pepper flavor. Now I'm a fan of hot sauce and spicy foods, and I do enjoy a strong cigar from time to time, but this, no, just no. :-)
I thought it was a figure of speech when I read the cigar's description. But those SOBs at cu-avana weren't kidding! That thing is literally coated with a substance that makes your lips burn.
[Reply]
T.G 04:16 PM 12-19-2013
Rob, FWIW, Cu-Avana isn't a company, it's just one of the many marques owned by Cigars International. The early/original mild Cu-Avana cigars were made by Manuel Quesada @ MATASA for CI, the Intensos were by Nestor Plasencia, but I have no idea who makes the Punisher for them.
[Reply]
RobR1205 04:21 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
Rob, FWIW, Cu-Avana isn't a company, it's just one of the many marques owned by Cigars International. The early/original mild Cu-Avana cigars were made by Manuel Quesada @ MATASA for CI, the Intensos were by Nestor Plasencia, but I have no idea who makes the Punisher for them.
Huh! You learn something new every day! Definitely didn't know that, thanks Adam :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:39 PM 12-19-2013
LFD Digger Maduro & an M80 (I accidentally inhaled while relighting
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:12 PM 12-19-2013
OR El Rico's and JdN Antano's gave me the heeby-geeby's, but the one that really got me was the OR Camacho Corojo. If you could make it through the first inch, it turned into a really nice cigar.
[Reply]
Smokin0808 10:34 AM 12-22-2013
So far, and I still have very few under my belt, but it was a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne. Good cigar, but the nicotine snuck up on me. Although, it was a big stick, in ring gauge and length.
[Reply]
Arval512 05:22 PM 12-25-2013
Bolivar Royal Corona... Was marathon watching Hell on Wheels while puffing away. When I finished I laid down for bed. I thought I was on a roller coaster and got absolutely 0 sleep.
[Reply]
Catfish 07:30 PM 12-25-2013
Never been given 'baccy-belly by a stick. I've even asked for recommendations.

One fine day on Alex's pool deck, Ogre, Black Coral and snkbyt all sat around and watched and waited for a Cohiba red dot to kick my @ss.

Never happened.
[Reply]
Dude Here 07:33 PM 12-25-2013
Smoked a LFD El Jocko this afternoon while frying the turkey. Left my head spinning a bit afterwards. First time in a long while that's happened.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:12 PM 12-27-2013
Have to change mine...as I smoked the strongest one I've ever smoked today. LFD N.A.S., re-release of the LFD Icepick. I smoked this after four strong sticks and after I ate dinner and it still was a POWERHOUSE!! A Ligero Puro...strong as crap, but very tasty!!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:22 PM 12-27-2013
What does the N.A.S. stand for, Mac, in case I am too lazy to Google?
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:24 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What does the N.A.S. stand for, Mac, in case I am too lazy to Google?
Nasty Ass Sh*t!!! I didn't name it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up