Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
General Discussion>What do you do for a living?
Ogre 04:11 PM 06-12-2011
Justin, actually he babysits a Nuc power plant!!!! Not anything as interesting as nuc missiles!!!!
[Reply]
Retiredguy 04:13 PM 06-12-2011
As the ID implies, I'm retired. Before retirement, I spent 37 years working for a railroad in various management jobs,
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:13 PM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Justin, actually he babysits a Nuc power plant!!!! Not anything as interesting as nuc missiles!!!!
Well ****, he's not as cool as i thought then...:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 04:17 PM 06-12-2011
Hey I'm cool! I'm hip! I'm a highly trained killing machine.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:33 PM 06-12-2011
Commercial Tire Sales - Manufacturer Rep. South Texas.
[Reply]
OLS 06:29 AM 06-13-2011
I make people buy stuff they don't need.
[Reply]
Drez 06:48 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Hey I'm cool! I'm hip! I'm a highly trained killing machine.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:01 AM 06-13-2011
I recently started importing precision lock nuts from Switzerland. I am involved with a couple USA-Swiss ventures, but this one is my newest:

www.kuso-usa.com
[Reply]
357 07:35 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I make people buy stuff they don't need.
Reminds me of my favorite scene on arguably the best show on TV. Paraphrased of course:
Originally Posted by :
Hippie: You're in advertising? You sell people the lie that is the American Dream...How do you sleep at night?

Don Draper: On a bed made of money.
I am a Windows Server geek, although I get to wear a lot of hats given the size of my employer. I also work on some network switches, firewalls, SAN management, and VMware hosts/VMs.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:42 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I play piano in a whorehouse
Do you get a company discount?

Me? I'd rather play with a whore (God love 'em!) in a piano factory. :-)
[Reply]
agctribefan 07:48 AM 06-13-2011
I'm an Industrial Engineer by trade, but currently I work at www.pipesandcigars.com (some of you may have heard of it). I'm their cigar guy. I create all the specials and deals and what not. Still trying to get back into engineering, but its been a while, over 2 years. So if anyone is looking for an industrial Engineer please let me know.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:04 AM 06-13-2011
I play with drugs, as well, in their pure form. :-)

In truth, I'm a chemist at a pharmaceutical company...the QC Raw Materials Supervisor...anything that comes in the door, it's my responsibility to test it before it goes into our products.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:06 AM 06-13-2011
I am an Intern of Finance at Volkswagen Group of America. I work in the plant in Chattanooga, TN.

Pretty awesome place to work. Although - since I'm an intern - I can't define my job anything past "intern". I do whatever no one else wants to do :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
timj219 08:30 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
I am a Windows Server geek, although I get to wear a lot of hats given the size of my employer. I also work on some network switches, firewalls, SAN management, and VMware hosts/VMs.
Server geek here too. or should I say "Systems Administrator". Unfortunately my employer has become part of a large national organization so while I used to also work with routers/switches, Linux, NetWare, VMWare, Citrix, I'm now being forced to focus only on one narrow area. Windows server/Active Directrory. That's the model we're being squeezed in to. Instead of knowing a bit about everything and handling it all at my local office, I now have to do one thing over and over for many offices while people at other locations manage the things that I used to at my location. The bigshots at headquarters can't stop patting themselves on the back over how clever they've been to force this model on us because they believe it means they will soon be able to start cutting staff. But it sucks for anyone who enjoys being challenged.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:46 AM 06-13-2011
Office/HR Manager exciting stuff let me tell ya! :-)
[Reply]
357 08:51 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by timj219:
Server geek here too. or should I say "Systems Administrator". Unfortunately my employer has become part of a large national organization so while I used to also work with routers/switches, Linux, NetWare, VMWare, Citrix, I'm now being forced to focus only on one narrow area. Windows server/Active Directrory. That's the model we're being squeezed in to. Instead of knowing a bit about everything and handling it all at my local office, I now have to do one thing over and over for many offices while people at other locations manage the things that I used to at my location. The bigshots at headquarters can't stop patting themselves on the back over how clever they've been to force this model on us because they believe it means they will soon be able to start cutting staff. But it sucks for anyone who enjoys being challenged.
Funny my title is actually Senior Systems Administrator. I didn't figure many would know what that means. It doesn't make much sense on its own.

I completely understand your situation. My last gig was a big company 25,000 employees with 1,000 Windows servers and I was pigeon-holed into doing the same repetitive tasks. My new place is more like 150-200 employees, 45 physical servers, 65 virtual servers, a couple flavors of SAN/NAS, 10 switches, and 3 firewalls. I have been with my current employer for 2 years now and I love the opportunity I have here to learn. I have also picked up SQL maintenance and permissions. Next we're going to launch an AD 2008 R2 / Exchange 2010 upgrade project. So, I will be standing up new DCs, raising the functional level of the domain/forest, replacing our exchange servers with newer models, and converting all of our mailboxes. It will make for a busy summer.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:05 AM 06-13-2011
My background is healthcare administration. For the past few years I’ve been working with large medical groups, as well as launching the first live node on the “national health information superhighway”—MedVirginia.

http://www.govhealthit.com/news/ssa-...ty-health-data

Great work, but I'd rather get paid for brewing beer. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:12 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I work customs in Chicago. It's the only way to keep up with the fall into the dark side.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

I am a property manager for a real estate firm. We manage mostly retail and office buildings with the occasional apartment complex.
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:47 AM 06-13-2011
I work in Admissions for a large private college.
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:21 AM 06-13-2011
Wayner123 and myself share an interest in Alpaca herding.

When the gates are closed, I do side work as a Chemistry lab manager for an environmental lab.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up