Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs
ade06 03:38 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
http://www.tampasweethearts.com/

seems to be down at the moment though :-)
Try again, it was up for me.
[Reply]
dubs chops 03:39 PM 01-25-2010
I have it figured out now. I need to try one out I think before ordering a whole bundle, can you buy them in singles anywhere?
[Reply]
Kreth 04:48 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I really like the Fumadors from Holts for $30 a box!!
Do they run specials on these, or did the price jump up recently? Cheapest is $41.95 for the #1s in the new catalog. Debating between these (#2s, probably) and the LHOs...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tripp 05:36 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Do they run specials on these, or did the price jump up recently? Cheapest is $41.95 for the #1s in the new catalog. Debating between these (#2s, probably) and the LHOs...
Posted via Mobile Device
They go on a weekend, or weekly special every few months. last time it was a catalog special meaning that it lasted about a month, for $29.99 for any size.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:06 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
They go on a weekend, or weekly special every few months. last time it was a catalog special meaning that it lasted about a month, for $29.99 for any size.
Let me guess, the catalog special was last month? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kenstogie 05:17 AM 01-30-2010
Torano Domincos
Bought a bundle of 20 of these for about 20 bucks from the devil sight and it's turning out to be agreat value. Not an awesome cigar but still it's a damn good cigar and for a buck it's a great value.
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:49 AM 01-30-2010
PM Me and i'll send you a couple in the natural wrapper....
Maybe another brother can hook "Both of us up in a maduro"... :-)

I wasn't that impressed with the natural wrapper...

Originally Posted by dubs chops:
I have it figured out now. I need to try one out I think before ordering a whole bundle, can you buy them in singles anywhere?

[Reply]
whodeeni 07:51 AM 01-30-2010
U guys know who makes a bundle called Fumas?
It has a brown label with white letters...

I've heard rumors that it RP, but i'm not really sure
[Reply]
Tripp 08:41 AM 01-30-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
U guys know who makes a bundle called Fumas?
It has a brown label with white letters...

I've heard rumors that it RP, but i'm not really sure
Sounds like RP Fumas. I think they were exclusive to CI, but they don't seem to be available anymore, as they don't have them on the site.

Was this them? http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=695299
[Reply]
Kreth 09:36 AM 01-30-2010
Forgot to post that I scored a bundle of Taboo Value Blend for $10.25 shipped from Taboo's auction.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 08:15 AM 02-02-2010
Famous Nic 3000s are back in stock. I've been wanting to try these for a while, so I snagged a bundle.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Gary 09:12 AM 02-02-2010
Very tempting, as a noob my humidor is quite empty, this might help fill it up.

Famous Nic 3000s are back in stock. I've been wanting to try these for a while, so I snagged a bundle.
Posted via Mobile Device

[Reply]
issues 09:35 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by Gary:
Very tempting, as a noob my humidor is quite empty, this might help fill it up.
Gary, when I first got my humidor the way I filled it up was with samplers and 5 packs.

Along with buying singles, I was able to get a nice variety of cigars without spending too much and was slowly able to figure out which ones I liked before I started "investing" in boxes.

Bundles, Seconds and over-runs are nice if you've tried the cigars they were originally supposed to be and liked them but if you haven't, you could end up with a bundle of sticks you don't care for and can't get rid of.

Just something to think about on your way down that slope. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:50 AM 02-02-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
I have only good things about these. MUST RESIST, MUST Resist, must resist....
[Reply]
mcmoyer 11:37 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I have only good things about these. MUST RESIST, MUST Resist, must resist....
So, how many did you buy?

[Reply]
Kreth 01:06 PM 02-03-2010
Got my Nic 3000s (one of the perks of being in NY: 1 day ground shipping from Famous, CI, and Holt's). They smell great, and I was suprised to find a couple of free Tabak Especial Negras in the box. No mention of this when I placed the order. Free cigars are cool. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
captain53 01:29 PM 02-03-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
Good Bundle Smokes - but that said they need a nice long rest before they reach that point. Experience finds that 6 months to a year is good for them.
[Reply]
druturn 01:43 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
Gary, when I first got my humidor the way I filled it up was with samplers and 5 packs.
Btw, buying "mega-samplers" from CI is an incredibly cheap way of trying out a variety of smokes without breaking the bank but still filling up the humidor. Before investing in a single box, it gives you around 20 gars with 4-5 different blends in each sampler for the price of about $2.50-4 a stick(with many of them retailing for more than double or triple that, and just some great go-to sticks in general). Even though I have been smoking for about two years now, I have yet to make a single box purchase(but that is happening as soon as I return to the states :-) ). I have solely purchased mega-samplers, 5'ers and singles but I don't regret it. It has provided me with experiencing dozens of different blends without emptying my wallet and now I have enough knowledge as to what blend I love and will buy by the box.

/end CI praise
[Reply]
kenstogie 04:42 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by mcmoyer:
So, how many did you buy?

I resisted but bought a box of 601 oscuros. I have had 2 of those and both were fantastic. The devil stikes again.one day shipping is great at no extra charge. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Postman 05:47 PM 02-08-2010
I scored a great deal on Indian Tabac SF Maduros a month or so ago on the monster. I think they came out to about 3 bucks a piece for 6 x 50's, and boy are they smoking great.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up