Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 352
« First < 29373839 40414989139 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
replicant_argent 10:56 PM 04-18-2009
Wish me luck on my class and qual. on Sunday, gentlemen. I'm not worried about the class, just hope I don't have a gallon or so too much coffee to hit the range without embarrassment. :-)
JE3146 11:04 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer :-)

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG
K so you've gotten that far... now which one :-)

And it might not just be the USP... the USP mags are interchangeable with one other H&K product line :-)
elderboy02 11:26 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Wish me luck on my class and qual. on Sunday, gentlemen. I'm not worried about the class, just hope I don't have a gallon or so too much coffee to hit the range without embarrassment. :-)
Good luck! We are pulling for you :-)
JE3146 11:29 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer :-)

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG
I'll just say close enough...

H&K USP .45 ACP Compact Tactical

So.... as the story regarding my friend goes. It basically began many years ago where I used to own an H&K USP .45 fullsize. It was much too large for my hands and because of financial issues I had to sell a gun, and it was the immediate choice as it just didn't fit me right. I loved that gun though and regretted selling it ever since. Years ago after that, I saw they had a USP .45 Compact that caught my attention at a gunshow that me and him were at. It fit my hand like a glove and from that day forth it was the handgun I said I would buy the day I won the lottery, because let's face it. H&K's are pricey. I only afforded my old one because I scored a good deal used on it (the reason they go for cheaper used is because they're so friggin big). This smaller one packed a hefty price tag, much higher than I could afford.

So fast forward up till recently. He begins asking me questions about this beast because he remembered I wanted one. It of course started making me lust over it again because it reminded me how much I wanted one. I was a little bummed because he was going to be buying one of these for himself... a gun I've been wanting for many years now.

Later did I find out, this research was in fact for me, as he bought this gun as a wedding present.

I'll get real photos soon, I promise :-) Stock photo above for now.

And the threaded barrel leaves room for some promising upgrades :-)
JE3146 11:32 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Goodluck!!

Keep us posted.
elderboy02 11:34 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I'll just say close enough...

H&K USP .45 ACP Compact Tactical

So.... as the story regarding my friend goes. It basically began many years ago where I used to own an H&K USP .45 fullsize. It was much too large for my hands and because of financial issues I had to sell a gun, and it was the immediate choice as it just didn't fit me right. I loved that gun though and regretted selling it ever since. Years ago after that, I saw they had a USP .45 Compact that caught my attention at a gunshow that me and him were at. It fit my hand like a glove and from that day forth it was the handgun I said I would buy the day I won the lottery, because let's face it. H&K's are pricey. I only afforded my old one because I scored a good deal used on it (the reason they go for cheaper used is because they're so friggin big). This smaller one packed a hefty price tag, much higher than I could afford.

So fast forward up till recently. He begins asking me questions about this beast because he remembered I wanted one. It of course started making me lust over it again because it reminded me how much I wanted one. I was a little bummed because he was going to be buying one of these for himself... a gun I've been wanting for many years now.

Later did I find out, this research was in fact for me, as he bought this gun as a wedding present.

I'll get real photos soon, I promise :-) Stock photo above for now.

And the threaded barrel leaves room for some promising upgrades :-)
Very, very nice! :-) You gotta love the threaded barrel :-)
JE3146 11:40 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Very, very nice! :-) You gotta love the threaded barrel :-)
The bonus is I won't spend money I don't have on a suppressor, as I can't fill out the paperwork while I'm moving from location to location due to school and work :-)

But in time... yes... it will be very nice :-)
floydpink 04:02 PM 04-19-2009
Handgun advice please:

Does anyone have experience with the Springfield Armory XD 9?

I was looking at a nice used one and it really looks nice as well as concealable.

I hear a lot mentioned on Glock 26 27 and 19's, but am in the minority that isn't wild about them.

I realize they are built to withstand anything, but my time in the swamp is very rare and most of my time is on the street and find Glock's a little boxy and uncomfortable ion my hand and felt the XD to fit like a glove.

If I do get it, it will provide a dilemma about whether to carry it or my trust Smith Centennial Airweight 38 special.
replicant_argent 05:21 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Goodluck!!

Keep us posted.
It went well. Essentially I got personal training from the "guy that wrote the book" about the matter at hand in Minnesota. Just me and a 15 year old kid essentially "auditing" the class (a gift from his rabbi, no less. :-))
My qual went very well, out of the 30 rounds only 3 were outside the center BM oval on the Transtar II target, the other three were conveniently in the next larger oval. :-). Those were split between 2 mags of 15 at 15 and 21 feet respectively.I didn't grab it, it would have looked nice in the garage as a reminder.
replicant_argent 05:37 PM 04-19-2009
Nice HK, Jordan, the USP is a hell of a platform, I have shot the .40, but not the .45. I enjoyed it immensely, even though it was 15 years ago or so!
elderboy02 06:56 PM 04-19-2009
I don't have any expreience with the XD9, but everyone I have talked with about them really like them. I say go for it. :-)
Ratters 07:30 PM 04-19-2009
Ive shot a couple XDs and find them to be nice pieces for the money. If youre not going to use it for carry I recommend the 5" model.
-MG- 07:35 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I don't have any expreience with the XD9, but everyone I have talked with about them really like them. I say go for it. :-)
:-) I've never heard anything about them that would make me think twice about getting one, but I don't have any first hand experience with them either.
SSatVT 08:24 PM 04-19-2009
I have an xd-40 service and have had no problems with it and factory magazines in the first 500 or so rounds that I have put through it. I do have problems with it returning to battery with a 13rd factory mag that I have though. I, though, can't carry my xd due to its size. I am just too thin (6' 3" 175 lb.) to carry it concealed.

The few people that I know with the xd-9 have reported the same in reliability. I say go for it.
Catfish 09:41 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Handgun advice please:

Does anyone have experience with the Springfield Armory XD 9?

I was looking at a nice used one and it really looks nice as well as concealable.

I hear a lot mentioned on Glock 26 27 and 19's, but am in the minority that isn't wild about them.

I realize they are built to withstand anything, but my time in the swamp is very rare and most of my time is on the street and find Glock's a little boxy and uncomfortable ion my hand and felt the XD to fit like a glove.

If I do get it, it will provide a dilemma about whether to carry it or my trust Smith Centennial Airweight 38 special
My primary carry gun is an XD-M. I will def. give it a :-)
Junior 10:43 AM 04-20-2009
I have a XD40 Subcompact, and I trust it enough for it to be my wifes carry gun.
hikari 05:30 PM 04-20-2009
I will contribute to the thread here are a few of my pic's
In case the pic's don't give it a way im kinda of a Sig guy.

I also do a Shoot-N-Smoke once in a while in Southern California
There is a thread in the Herf area if anyone wants in on the next round.

replicant_argent 05:34 PM 04-20-2009
awww... hell, Thomas....

:-)

I knew I was gonna need that drooly smiley again eventually.
smokeyandthebandit05 06:25 PM 04-20-2009
Is that a SIG556?
Thrak 06:36 PM 04-20-2009
Nice Sigs... good to know there is another here. :-)

Here's a new to me 229DAK... goes well with my other Sigs. :-)

Page 39 of 352
« First < 29373839 40414989139 > Last »
Up