Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 138
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:59 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hawks played their best 3rd period, defensively, on the season and beat the Western Conference leaders 4-1. :-)
Great game overall for the Hawks:-)
icehog3 10:03 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Great game overall for the Hawks:-)
9 out of the next 12 at home, they need to roll and make up some ground in the playoff hunt.
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:04 PM 12-17-2010
9 out of the next 12 at home, they need to roll and make up some ground in the playoff hunt.
Yeah it's time to start making up ground now. Hopefully we can start a hot streak at home.
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:08 PM 12-17-2010
Great to see Chelios tonight as well. Also, CSN Chicago has been playing some classic Chelios games which have been great to watch:-)
icehog3 10:12 PM 12-17-2010
Great to see Chelios tonight as well. Also, CSN Chicago has been playing some classic Chelios games which have been great to watch:-)
I am embarassed that some Hawks fans still treat him poorly. He carried the franchise on his back for 9 years, and only agreed to a trade when Dollar Bill forced his hand.
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:16 PM 12-17-2010
I am embarassed that some Hawks fans still treat him poorly. He carried the franchise on his back for 9 years, and only agreed to a trade when Dollar Bill forced his hand.
He did a lot for the Hawks and I respect that. He was such a great defenseman. I love watching old games that he played in.
icehog3 10:45 PM 12-17-2010
He did a lot for the Hawks and I respect that. He was such a great defenseman. I love watching old games that he played in.
I am certain he would have retired a Blackhawk if Old Man Wirtz had not treated him with such unbelievable disrespect.
GreekGodX 08:59 AM 12-18-2010
Hawks played their best 3rd period, defensively, on the season and beat the Western Conference leaders 4-1. :-)
Playing catch-up hockey is playing losing hockey :-) There was nothing the Wings could do against that D in the 3rd. Crawford gets his first win against the Wings. In the beginning of the game the pace was crazy.
Prefy 09:06 AM 12-18-2010
What did the Hawks D-Parings look like with Cullimore on waivers?

We are down Nick Leddy for the world juniors but Cullimore is hardly a replacement if he clears. His give a S*** was broken when he was down at the beginning of the year I'd hate to see it now.
icehog3 10:16 AM 12-18-2010
Cullimore played, Matt, it was the same pairings as the last several games. I hadb't heard he was on waivers.
Ahbroody 05:45 PM 12-18-2010
He was my childhood favorite with JR. It killed me to see him in that jersey. I was disappointed that he actually had to deal with the boos and say he was and always will be a blackhawk. It really took away from the moment.
icehog3 06:16 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
He was my childhood favorite with JR. It killed me to see him in that jersey. I was disappointed that he actually had to deal with the boos and say he was and always will be a blackhawk. It really took away from the moment.
I felt bad for his parents too.

Back in the day Pulford (via Wirtz, I am sure) only offered Chelly a one year contract, and told him they thought he had 1 or 2 years at best left in him. They refused to sign him to any longer term than 1 year. Chelly had 4 young kids, his parents in Chicago, a sister with cancer in Chicago, and wanted some stability, both financially and geographically.

Hawks wouldn't offer it to him, so he asked to be traded. Detroit was close, and offered him what he sought. And the Hawks' prediction? Chelios played 10 years for the Wings.
E.J. 09:31 PM 12-19-2010
Avs win their 6th straight....

Quincey done for the season...
icehog3 12:05 AM 12-20-2010
Too bad about Kyle, E.J., he is a good young player. Nice job by Craig shutting the door at the end, the Habs were firing on all cylinders.

Good win for the Hawks, hoping they keep the home cookin' going.
Ahbroody 11:40 AM 12-20-2010
Looking at those standings is just funny. What a log jam.
mikethegoalie32 12:26 PM 12-20-2010
Flash and Duchene on fire!
Ahbroody 10:41 PM 12-20-2010
I keep saying it, but it is hard not to like what atlanta is doing. Just hard work and everyone buying in.
icehog3 01:04 AM 12-21-2010
I keep saying it, but it is hard not to like what atlanta is doing. Just hard work and everyone buying in.
That's the game I picked to TiVo and watch after work...I was once again impressed with the Thrashers. :-)
kugie 05:01 AM 12-21-2010
This season is getting Frustrating.
The Bruins can't seem to play back to back good games
What happened, they started out so promising. Even in the games they lost they played good hockey, they just got beat. Now they are playing like someone shot there dog right before the game.
Snap out of it. :-)
Sawyer 06:52 AM 12-21-2010
That's the game I picked to TiVo and watch after work...I was once again impressed with the Thrashers. :-)
I am really excited about the Thrashers this year. I hope they can keep it up. They have gotten at least a point in 14 of their last 16.
Page 39 of 138
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Up