Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 104
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
smokeyandthebandit05 08:11 PM 04-21-2009
Mods can I swear?
gpugliese 08:11 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Whoa! Anybody see that hit Stuart laid on Umberger. Wow, that poor kid didn't now where he was.
Was it as good as this one?
smokeyandthebandit05 08:25 PM 04-21-2009
Im still extremely pissed. I want to see what Brodeur and Brent Sutter have to say
jamesb3 08:48 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Mods can I swear?
I'm not a mod but swear away! Just use the censor button!:-)
Ahbroody 08:59 PM 04-21-2009
Not even going to watch the sharks game. Cant bring myself to do it. If they dont win tonight I damn sure aint going to watch game 4 either.
smokeyandthebandit05 09:03 PM 04-21-2009
I'm not a mod but swear away! Just use the censor button!:-)
[RANT] F*&^#(G REFS SAW THE ENTIRE F*$^(*G THING HAPPEN AND THEY DIDNT DO A D#*N THING ABOUT IT. I THINK THAT GAME WAS F*&#&^G FIXED AND WERE NOT HAPPY WE CAME BACK FROM A 3-0 DEFICIT.

Im sorry for all the caps. [RANT/]
SmokeyJoe 09:28 PM 04-21-2009
Im still extremely pissed. I want to see what Brodeur and Brent Sutter have to say
What a GREAT game! Playoff Hockey, my friend... they let them play. Staal didn't get the call on his last breakaway either.

Surprised they didn't call anything with Brodeur... normally he just tells the refs he wants a call and gets it the first time somebody gets within 6 feet of the crease. :-)
icehog3 10:48 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by cigarusmaximus:

Go Flames!
...and take the Stampeders with you! :-)

Great finish in Carolina, why was Marty so mad?

Great Sharks/Ducks game going on now, Sharks have taken four leads, Anaheim has answered the first 3.

9 minutes left....
Waynegro1 11:58 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not even going to watch the sharks game. Cant bring myself to do it. If they dont win tonight I damn sure aint going to watch game 4 either.
You gotta love those fair weather fans. :-)

Congrats to Vancouver!!
My Blues got swept, what can I say...I enjoyed them just getting to the playoffs this year. Their a young team, we'll see how things go next season.

The good news, I get to watch a playoff game almost every night for another month and then some. :-)
Ahbroody 01:22 AM 04-22-2009
[RANT] F*&^#(G REFS SAW THE ENTIRE F*$^(*G THING HAPPEN AND THEY DIDNT DO A D#*N THING ABOUT IT. I THINK THAT GAME WAS F*&#&^G FIXED AND WERE NOT HAPPY WE CAME BACK FROM A 3-0 DEFICIT.

Im sorry for all the caps. [RANT/]
Seeing as how they were both non canadian teams I will :-) at the fixed. NHL dont have to worry about ratings going to shiet from no canadian teams being left. Yeah I said it :-)

As to what the refs saw, they saw it very clearly and made the right call based on what I saw. The Goalie owns the BLUE paint. Not the WHITE paint, yes the white part is painted also. As to not getting the call outside the blue paint, this isnt 2 years ago when flopping Roloson was getting goalie inter calls 2 feet out outside the crease. Now you want to talk about a fix, that was a fix.

When the Goalie leaves the BLUE paint and incidental contact is made while a player is gaining position its generally 100% legal. Having played and still playing the game I can honestly say I have just as much right to the ice outside the blue paint as the hampster does. I also expect to take some abuse if I try to stand there. Look at where Broduers pads are and where he is when he gets up. Clearly the hampster left the cage and as a result any incidental bumps occurring while fighting for position are legal. You want to be pissed at someone? Be pissed at the two Dman who left Jokinen to bump with Broduer. Would have thought one of the dman would have made his life miserable and cleared him out of area. JoKinen tied up and moved Marty has a clear view of a point shot equals easy save, equals overtime. The Refs would not make a call in that situation if the dman gave him hell and tied him up moving him. Not with 4 seconds left int he playoffs. The D really screwed up leaving a forward alone screening the goalie and making the goaile fend for himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtY7IojSef8

Im neither a devils or canes fan, just saw good old fashioned playoff hockey. Absolutely nothing dirty and completely legal. Your team fought back but in the end luck was not on their side. Hell even the Devils head coach while complaining in the post game admitted Broduer was out of the crease.

On a positive not for us in San Jose the Sharks found their sack tonight and beat the ducks. :-)

As for you WAYNE!!!!!! :-) I have been a season ticket holder for 9 years. Supported them in the playoffs every year. I am tired as are many of the tradition of poor playoff performances and a seeing lack of nuts every year. No fair weather. More like damn tired of the **** they pull every year in the playoffs
357 05:55 AM 04-22-2009
Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin...:-)
Datsyuk isn't usually in the conversation but given his Selke awards/nominations and is rediculous ability on offense, he should be.

edited to say: Columbus isn't fun to watch, even if my team is whipping on them.
SmokeyJoe 08:23 AM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
...and take the Stampeders with you! :-)

Great finish in Carolina, why was Marty so mad?

Great Sharks/Ducks game going on now, Sharks have taken four leads, Anaheim has answered the first 3.

9 minutes left....

Marty thought he was interfered with before the shot... ref didn't see it that way. Mr. Broody described it accuarately. :-)
icehog3 08:25 AM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
When the Goalie leaves the BLUE paint and incidental contact is made while a player is gaining position its generally 100% legal. Having played and still playing the game I can honestly say I have just as much right to the ice outside the blue paint as the hampster does. I also expect to take some abuse if I try to stand there. Look at where Broduers pads are and where he is when he gets up. Clearly the hampster left the cage and as a result any incidental bumps occurring while fighting for position are legal. You want to be pissed at someone? Be pissed at the two Dman who left Jokinen to bump with Broduer. Would have thought one of the dman would have made his life miserable and cleared him out of area. JoKinen tied up and moved Marty has a clear view of a point shot equals easy save, equals overtime. The Refs would not make a call in that situation if the dman gave him hell and tied him up moving him. Not with 4 seconds left int he playoffs. The D really screwed up leaving a forward alone screening the goalie and making the goaile fend for himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtY7IojSef8

Im neither a devils or canes fan, just saw good old fashioned playoff hockey. Absolutely nothing dirty and completely legal. Your team fought back but in the end luck was not on their side. Hell even the Devils head coach while complaining in the post game admitted Broduer was out of the crease.
Agreed, it was a good goal. :-)

Originally Posted by 357:
Datsyuk isn't usually in the conversation but given his Selke awards/nominations and is rediculous ability on offense, he should be.

edited to say: Columbus isn't fun to watch, even if my team is whipping on them.
Pavel is awesome, I would put him right there in an elite status with those other three. :-)
357 09:03 AM 04-22-2009
Datsyuk making Turco look BAD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CD84qo9Eo

Same move, only better against Vokoun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ltAI6PdMo

This one isn't even a goal, but probably the best of the three...except for Grier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCKLRkqvCdM
357 09:25 AM 04-22-2009
This is a pretty good argument for Datsyuk:

Datsyuk is the best all-around NHL forward, Michael Farber - Sports Illustrated 4/8/2009
http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ticleid=417224
ahc4353 12:05 PM 04-22-2009
Should the rule be:

Goalie out of the paint is fair game? Yes/No

Please explain your answer.
loki 12:08 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Should the rule be:

do you want that in the form of a sentence, and will we be graded on gramar?
ahc4353 12:12 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
do you want that in the form of a sentence, and will we be graded on gramar?
Whatever
357 12:25 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Should the rule be:

Yes, fair game same as any other player. You wouldn't be able to prevent him from returning to the crease though, like obstruction.
jamesb3 12:31 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
Yes, fair game same as any other player. You wouldn't be able to prevent him from returning to the crease though, like obstruction.
I would have to add that you can't take a shot at them as they are often in vulneral positions. But if they are out of the crease and get bumped in the process of scoring a goal it should count.
Page 39 of 104
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Up