Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 69
« First < 29373839 404149 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
MarkinAZ 04:42 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Its gonna be like pulling teeth Brian. The bulldog does not have any markings or stamps. The billiard has the capitol letter "B" stamped on one side of the stem, up near the tenon. Its a capitol "B" and not "b" and is simply a stamped letter, all black impression (i.e., there is no white within the stamped line).

I've looked-up a few different references, but nothing really hits the nail on the head, and it would only be speculation at this point.

I'll shoot a micro photo of the stem and post it here tomorrow for your review...
Here's a micro shot of the stem with the letter "B" for your review. It does appear to have had some "white" laid-in the stamped "B" at one point in time.

This particular stamp does not appear to be available for review in some of the websites with "marking" references. So, the search continues...
[Reply]
ApexAZ 04:54 PM 10-15-2014
Only one has the B, or both?
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:09 PM 10-15-2014
Only the billiard has the "B" on the left side of the stem. No other markings on the stem or the shank.

Bulldog appears to have no markings period...
[Reply]
ApexAZ 05:13 PM 10-15-2014
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/lett...ne-lettre.html

Bristol or perhaps Doctor Boston? Possibly Benaderets, but that seems too bold compared to what you have.

Seems to be quite a mystery. I assume the owner had no info?
[Reply]
WaRevo 07:16 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/lett...ne-lettre.html

Bristol or perhaps Doctor Boston? Possibly Benaderets, but that seems too bold compared to what you have.

Seems to be quite a mystery. I assume the owner had no info?
Not a Doctor Boston. i used to have one and you can't really make it out well iin the picture but the upper curved up and the lower curved down. Look at the pictures of Marks it looks like the upper is straight and the lower curves up a little. It has all the classic markings of a (Briarcraft) Smokemaster. Even the bottom of the pipe is cut like others I have seen only thing missing is the Stamp on the Briar and across the bottom where the nice cut flat spot would normally say Aged Imported Briar. (in a nice font) The only Smokemaster I have left is a bad example seeing it is a different age and class of Marks. Mine has an Orange Funny shaped diamond on the stem because mine is from the 30's before 1939 but after 34. Only thing I can say is that from looking at the Stem and pipe it calls out a Briarcraft company. They made many pipes like Airo, Cavalcade, Smokemaster and Sterling hall. I know that Smokemaster had on some of the Pipe a B a few Airo i came across did. It was a Second pipe (Basket Pipe) between 20 and 50's seeing Briarcraft closed down in 1950.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:49 PM 10-15-2014
Its a mystery to me for the time being. As James mentioned, the billiard is missing the stamp on the bottom and either side of the shank. A definite mystery pipe for the time being:-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:29 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Its a mystery to me for the time being. As James mentioned, the billiard is missing the stamp on the bottom and either side of the shank. A definite mystery pipe for the time being:-)
Have you smoked it?
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:52 PM 10-16-2014
Nope. Gonna sell the billiard and bulldog once they have been cleaned, reamed, and polished. They've finished their salt/alcohol phase. The billiards tobacco chamber was reamed this morning, and I'm currently working on cleaning its draft hole and mortise on the shank. Alot of gunk in the mortise. Obviously, the prior owner(s) did not perform a regular maintenance in between smokes:-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:31 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
It is called PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder). Scratching the itch caused by it can also cause one to fall into an equally disabling TAD (Tobacco Acquisition Disorder).

Be careful.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
I've been dealing with SAD (Stogie Acquisition Disorder) for a while, too. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:01 PM 10-17-2014
I did it again. This one shows up tomorrow:

The Capri with the pinched stem had a slight right-hand bend to the stem so I'm sending it back. The one above is its replacement/up-grade. The funny thing is, the wife isn't sweating the expenditures. :-) Gee, I wonder what the hell she's been buying.:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:20 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I did it again. This one shows up tomorrow:

The Capri with the pinched stem had a slight right-hand bend to the stem so I'm sending it back. The one above is its replacement/up-grade. The funny thing is, the wife isn't sweating the expenditures. :-) Gee, I wonder what the hell she's been buying.:-)
Nice looking pipe!
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:43 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Nice looking pipe!
Thanks! I seem to be hooked on Chacom. This'll be three in as many weeks. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:22 AM 10-18-2014
Darren, sharp looking pipe.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:04 PM 10-18-2014
Nice looking pipe Darren. Really love the stem on that one. Your wife? Better check under the bed or her closet:-):-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:20 PM 10-18-2014
That's flashy, Darren. I like the contrast. Interested in a chacom bent bulldog? The stem has some issues and could use a repair, but it smokes. I was quoted $18 to drill it out.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:35 PM 10-18-2014
That's flashy, Darren. I like the contrast. Interested in a chacom bent bulldog? The stem has some issues and could use a repair, but it smokes. I was quoted $18 to drill it out.
It's funny you should ask...P&C sent me the wrong pipe; they sent a brown bent bulldog instead of the one I ordered, fugliest thing I ever saw. I'm sending it back. It's the second time this week I've had to do that. Not happy.
[Reply]
WaRevo 10:40 PM 10-18-2014
Ouch 2 pipes needed to be sent back. I guess QC after the ownership change don't seem as good as things were before CI took them over.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:10 PM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by WaRevo:
Ouch 2 pipes needed to be sent back. I guess QC after the ownership change don't seem as good as things were before CI took them over.
Ah! That explains a lot. Needless to say, I'm a little irritated. It has become the foundation of a truly crappy day. Not any kind of Earth shattering crappy, just the kind that makes me wanna break stuff. :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:00 AM 10-19-2014
Ah! That explains a lot. Needless to say, I'm a little irritated. It has become the foundation of a truly crappy day. Not any kind of Earth shattering crappy, just the kind that makes me wanna break stuff. :-)
Sorry, Darren. At least they made it right. The Peterson I got with the high draft hole came from them too.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:09 AM 10-19-2014
Sorry, Darren. At least they made it right. The Peterson I got with the high draft hole came from them too.
They haven't made it right quite yet. We'll see. How did it turn out with your Peterson?
[Reply]
Page 39 of 69
« First < 29373839 404149 > Last »
Up