Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 96
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Knip23 09:12 AM 11-27-2010
Has anyone beat Dantes Infurno yet? Awsome game. I beat it all relics, aand silver. It was hard I had to use the walk through online, some of the silver and relics you would never think to find. So how about you guys, anyone play it?

Knip.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:43 AM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Might wait a day or two before picking up anything new. Some good black friday deals right around the corner.
I'll wait on GT5 anyways..I really don't want to put down Black Ops. Maybe I'll pick it up for Xmas though.:-)
[Reply]
yachties23 07:51 AM 11-28-2010
People are actually enjoying black ops? I think its flat out the worst game of the series on 360 thus far.

I'm seriously pondering trading mine in already.

On a different note, Castlevania LoS was a great game. A bit drawn out at times, but really good. Ending was excellent.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:35 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
People are actually enjoying black ops? I think its flat out the worst game of the series on 360 thus far.
Really? I like it much better than MW2, I like the fact that camping is not so encouraged in this one.
[Reply]
yachties23 04:20 PM 11-28-2010
Really? I like it much better than MW2, I like the fact that camping is not so encouraged in this one.
I think the graphics, sound and overall flow of the game is far inferior to MW2.

I love the customization, but the trade off isn't worth it.

MW2 would be perfect IF:

1) One man army was removed
2) Grenade Launchers couldn't be resupplied
3) Quick Scoping was removed
4) Commando/Lightweight/Marathon removed
[Reply]
Mugen910 04:29 PM 11-28-2010

On a different note, Castlevania LoS was a great game. A bit drawn out at times, but really good. Ending was excellent.
I have to say that I like black ops more than mw. I like the fact that camping is less, the noob tubes are less effective and the customizations. I also like all the challenges though I could use more contracts to choose from. I will say that I need some reward for get prestige besides a new custom class...maybe a new gun every 2 prestige levels. Though the G11 and stoner are pretty awesome.

I might have to keep an eye out for a GT5 deal with wheel since I did love prologue.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 05:21 PM 11-28-2010

Castlevania games that aren't platformers are not my style. I haven't liked one yet that wasn't a side-scroller. LoS looks like a decent game, but shouldn't have Castlevania in the title.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:34 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Castlevania games that aren't platformers are not my style. I haven't liked one yet that wasn't a side-scroller. LoS looks like a decent game, but shouldn't have Castlevania in the title.
I can see where you are coming from. But in all fairness to LoS it is a reboot of the franchise. It has no connection to the story line of old, and it is the first really good 3d CV. I think it was needed, they really played out the Metroid style games, and there has been slim pickings on the old school style (two titles in the last five years!), it's worth a rent at least. The story is excellent, it is much longer than most action games these days, and there are a few cool nods to the CVs of old.
[Reply]
yachties23 07:56 PM 11-28-2010
Did you pick up Brotherhood Joe?
[Reply]
Starscream 08:14 PM 11-28-2010
I can see where you are coming from. But in all fairness to LoS it is a reboot of the franchise. It has no connection to the story line of old, and it is the first really good 3d CV. I think it was needed, they really played out the Metroid style games, and there has been slim pickings on the old school style (two titles in the last five years!), it's worth a rent at least. The story is excellent, it is much longer than most action games these days, and there are a few cool nods to the CVs of old.
I'm not knocking the game itself, but I just don't see why they stamped Castlevania on the title. Mario didn't need a revamp, neither has Zelda. Why can't Simon Belmont (or any Belmont and the whip) be a part of the videogame canon too? Like I said, the game looks great, and another plus b/c Patrick Stewart is the narrator, but the Castlevania series to me is 1-4, SOTN, and Rondo of Blood (and the two new side-scroller downloads on Wii and PS3).
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:46 AM 11-29-2010
Did you pick up Brotherhood Joe?
Sure did, Haven't got much play tie at all with it being away for the holiday, but once I catch up i'll be diving back in. Still haven't tried multi yet!

Andy, the Castlevania stamp is there really just to signify that this is a new branch of the franchise. It actually wasn't a CV title when it was first teased two years ago, Konami made the decision to push more units.While i'm with you, SCIV, Rondo, HoD, and Drac X chronicles are my favs to date, i'm not opposed to the 3D switch. I've played all the others and while canon, they are terrificly bad games. loS is just a new thing, but as I said it is an excellent game and a damn good reboot of the franchise (the story is killer).
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 06:04 AM 12-02-2010
Alright fellas. I broke down and grabbed a PS3 the other day and so far I've bought GTA, Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Castlevania.

I'm on the fence about Black Ops and AC: Brotherhood right at the moment, howere are there any other "must have" titles for the PS3 that I'm overlooking?

What about Infamous? I enjoy both shooters and puzzle games with racing and sports usually taking a back seat if I have the choice.

Thanks in advance gang!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:16 PM 12-02-2010
Anybody tried out And Yet it Moves for Wiiware? I downloaded the demo and it's a very creative game. :-):-)
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 02:21 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
but the Castlevania series to me is 1-4, SOTN.
SOTN was the S#1T my friends and I would come home after school (8th grade allmost 14 years ago :-)) and spend hours trying to unlock the max percentage of the map. Our record was 219% :-)

p.s. the Crissagram sword was bad a$$
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 02:02 PM 12-03-2010
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Alright fellas. I broke down and grabbed a PS3 the other day and so far I've bought GTA, Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Castlevania.

I'm on the fence about Black Ops and AC: Brotherhood right at the moment, howere are there any other "must have" titles for the PS3 that I'm overlooking?

What about Infamous? I enjoy both shooters and puzzle games with racing and sports usually taking a back seat if I have the choice.

Thanks in advance gang!!!

Batman Arkham Asylum, Demon Souls, and Metal Gear Solid 4 are worth a look. The Assassins Creed games are excellent, get off the fence!
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 08:50 AM 12-06-2010
Batman Arkham Asylum, Demon Souls, and Metal Gear Solid 4 are worth a look. The Assassins Creed games are excellent, get off the fence!
Thanks!!! I'd given up on Batman games a long time ago, but this one looks pretty sweet. I watched a demo on youtube and I now gotta add it to the ever growing list.

:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:00 AM 12-06-2010
Arkham Asylum is a great game, Gary. GREAT!
[Reply]
Apoco 03:42 PM 12-07-2010
I personally loved Just Cause 2. Not really much in the way of story line, but a heck of a lot of fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Obscura 03:47 PM 12-07-2010
Clocked in 86 hours on Fallout New Vegas, went with Yes Man, doing NCR now and then Caesar's Legion story arch.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:29 AM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Apoco:
I personally loved Just Cause 2. Not really much in the way of story line, but a heck of a lot of fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, this does look like fun as well. Between this and Batman I think I'm gonna get my grappling hook needs filled quite nicely. LOL
[Reply]
Page 39 of 96
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Up