Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 38 of 352
« First < 28363738 39404888138 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
AAlmeter 08:35 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
I am a Mossberg fan. I have had quite a few over the years. I have a 590 in the house right now just in case.
I've been a Rem fan. I know that between Mos and Rem (at least with shotguns) you are getting a quality firearm for a reasonable price, but I've been partial to Rems (I have a 500 20ga and a 870 12ga). But after reading the less than favorable reviews of the 5500, and then shooting it after paying next to nothing, I am very pleased.

My just in case is an 870 12ga, with a 18in iron sight smooth bore. In my opinion, one of the best shotgun configurations out there. Cheap slugs good to 80 yards for hunting, good bbl for 00 buck, and I can switch to the field bbl for upland/trap.
cigars_n_scotch 01:39 PM 04-17-2009
I just saw this on CNBC: titled "Assault Weapons 'Nuts' for Ordinary Citizens http://www.cnbc.com/id/30266124

What a quote from Ed Rendell, Gov. of Pennsylvania :: "Assault weapons are difficult to operate, they jam easily. If you want a gun to protect your home it's the last thing you should have".. :-)
Tombstone 02:01 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by cigars_n_scotch:
I just saw this on CNBC: titled "Assault Weapons 'Nuts' for Ordinary Citizens http://www.cnbc.com/id/30266124

What a quote from Ed Rendell, Gov. of Pennsylvania :: "Assault weapons are difficult to operate, they jam easily. If you want a gun to protect your home it's the last thing you should have".. :-)
Nothing like a democrat giving gun advise. :-)
BC-Axeman 02:31 PM 04-17-2009
A crowbar could be an "assault weapon".
Even a ball point pen could be one.
Sauer Grapes 02:42 PM 04-17-2009
Finally found ammo at Walmart! I can go to the range without using my last box now. :-)

They had PLENTY of 9mm for only like $8.50 per box of 50. Almost made me with I had a 9mm to buy ammo for.
floydpink 05:12 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Finally found ammo at Walmart! I can go to the range without using my last box now. :-)

They had PLENTY of 9mm for only like $8.50 per box of 50. Almost made me with I had a 9mm to buy ammo for.

My range actually had Speer Gold Dot short barrel ammo for my 38 the other day as well as wad cutters for target. First time in a LONG time.

Maybe the post election panic has ended and the market is about to be flooded with cheap ammo and hardly used handguns......:-)
Junior 10:05 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:
I've been a Rem fan. I know that between Mos and Rem (at least with shotguns) you are getting a quality firearm for a reasonable price, but I've been partial to Rems (I have a 500 20ga and a 870 12ga). But after reading the less than favorable reviews of the 5500, and then shooting it after paying next to nothing, I am very pleased.

My just in case is an 870 12ga, with a 18in iron sight smooth bore. In my opinion, one of the best shotgun configurations out there. Cheap slugs good to 80 yards for hunting, good bbl for 00 buck, and I can switch to the field bbl for upland/trap.
Well I am kind of the opposite. The reason I prefer the Mos is the safety. I prefer where it is on the mossy vs the Rem. I have one of the upper end Mos shotguns the 590, and it is great. The only thing I am going to have to do is put ghost ring sights on it. Rems are great guns have used the wingmasters a many of times while hunting, and it was a beautiful gun.

You know how it is to each his own.
BC-Axeman 09:32 AM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
My range actually had Speer Gold Dot short barrel ammo for my 38 the other day as well as wad cutters for target. First time in a LONG time.

Maybe the post election panic has ended and the market is about to be flooded with cheap ammo and hardly used handguns......:-)
That's what I am waiting for. I jumped on some good deals quickly, before stock all ran out. Now I'm waiting for the over-restocking to hit so the prices will have to drop back down. I don't see it happening too soon. I was reading that some manufacturers are a year backordered.
Sauer Grapes 11:24 AM 04-18-2009
Did pick up a box of Winchester Ranger today at a fun shop as well. Two years ago I was seeing defense rounds at $25 per box of $50, so just over $30 isn't near as big of an increase as the target rounds have seen. I still think it's too expensive though, but it took ever defense round I had to fill my existing clips so I wanted to have one spare box.
AAlmeter 02:57 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
Well I am kind of the opposite. The reason I prefer the Mos is the safety. I prefer where it is on the mossy vs the Rem. I have one of the upper end Mos shotguns the 590, and it is great. The only thing I am going to have to do is put ghost ring sights on it. Rems are great guns have used the wingmasters a many of times while hunting, and it was a beautiful gun.

You know how it is to each his own.
I think most people would agree with you on that one. But after shooting the Rem so often (was my first gun), it is second nature to me. The location on the Moss is very convenient and intuitive though.
AAlmeter 03:15 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by cigars_n_scotch:

Wow...

"They fire at short range, they put out a ton of fire at one time, and they are very powerful. The three Pittsburgh officers who were killed, one was killed by an AK-47. The AK was so powerful that from a house a long distance away, it blew through a uh, uh, uh police car, it just absolutely blew through the police car."

I need to get one of these new short range long distance AK's that can absolutely blow through cars!

This fat F'er is one large scale DB
BC-Axeman 06:35 PM 04-18-2009
And you can use it as a fire extinguisher, "they put out a ton of fire at one time", amazing!
JE3146 09:19 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Did pick up a box of Winchester Ranger today at a fun shop as well. Two years ago I was seeing defense rounds at $25 per box of $50, so just over $30 isn't near as big of an increase as the target rounds have seen. I still think it's too expensive though, but it took ever defense round I had to fill my existing clips -> mags so I wanted to have one spare box.
Magazines :-)

Yokels and rednecks say clips. Gun enthusiasts say mags.
JE3146 09:42 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I was notified today by one of my groomsmen that my wedding gift was a little earlier than expected. Due to the gun rush, he bought it when he saw it and had to ruin the surprise, because he needed me to go do the background check.

So..... I found out what's coming. It's small, it's black and it makes a lot of noise. :-)

I'll post pics next week when it arrives in the shop. I'm a little anxious. :-)
Little update and a little bit of a teaser pic.

Based on the clues provided in this pic, a well rounded gun person should be able to narrow it instantly down to one of 4 handguns. :-)

elderboy02 09:50 PM 04-18-2009
Kel-Tec P3AT?
S&W M&P?
-MG- 09:51 PM 04-18-2009
Little update and a little bit of a teaser pic.

Based on the clues provided in this pic, a well rounded gun person should be able to narrow it instantly down to one of 4 handguns. :-)

Am I extra tired, or is that loaded backwards?
JE3146 09:53 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
Am I extra tired, or is that loaded backwards?
It is.... and it might just be a clue. :-)
elderboy02 10:10 PM 04-18-2009
Kahr?
Ruger LCP?
-MG- 10:22 PM 04-18-2009
It is.... and it might just be a clue. :-)
Going for partial credit here... looks like an HK mag..
-MG- 10:27 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
Going for partial credit here... looks like an HK mag..
In fact, lets say.... H&K USP .45 final answer :-)

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/HK%2...ound%20mag.JPG
Page 38 of 352
« First < 28363738 39404888138 > Last »
Up