Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 38 of 82
« First < 28363738 394048 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Wanger 07:10 AM 02-10-2012
F*ck me, that was a horridly officiated game! From everything I saw, the high sticking call on Cullen was complete BS...and that led to a power play, in which 15 seconds in, the Wild get another penalty for tripping (right call, but they wouldn't have been in that position had the BS call not been made). 5 on 3...easy goal. Heatley has a step on the Canucks defender, and gets taken down from behind, and sent into the goaltender...should have been a penalty, from what I saw, and potentially a penalty shot. Basically a two goal swing right there. :-)

Officialting aside, we thought it would be a great night for the Wild when they scored 13 seconds in, with Koivu coming back. They then went dormant for almost 2 periods, and turned it on to put some pressure on. The canuck goalie played well, but the shots didn't seem to be real quality ones. It looked like they could have taken a lot more shots than they did, too. Too much passing and trying to be too cute, from what we saw. Shoot the d@mn puck! Several chances with an open net that the puck just seemed to hop a stick, or they just couldn't get control of it in time. So close, yet so far, it seemed. Vancouver seemed to have everything bounce right to where they needed it to. :-)

I was talked out of wearing my Sioux jersey (wore the Western conf Jersey from when the AllStar game was here in 2004), and the boys loved the game. Even got some video of the Clutterbuck fight early in the 3rd.

Hopefully next game will be a W!
Wanger 07:56 AM 02-10-2012
Our view of the opening puck drop. :-)

icehog3 09:00 AM 02-10-2012
Glad you had fun despite the outcome....freaking Sedins need to get deported.
Ahbroody 02:04 PM 02-11-2012
Good game between Sharks and Hawks. Glad Sharks won.
One of the better fights I have seen. both guys gave some good shots and ate a couple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vycw...e_gdata_player
Bigwaved 11:00 AM 02-12-2012
• I call the New NHL game “go-kart hockey’’ - full of speed and lacking in puck control and playmaking. Last week, Blues revivalist Ken Hitchcock labeled it “race-a-riffic’’ hockey in a story by esteemed reporter/essayist Roy MacGregor of Canada’s Globe and Mail. “We tried to still play possession hockey after the lockout,’’ explained Hitch. “And now it’s race-a-riffic hockey. It’s unbelievable how fast the game is, but it’s fast without puck possession. It’s forecheck, forecheck, sometimes it feels like it’s organized chaos out there.
GreekGodX 12:21 PM 02-12-2012
Wings have a chance to tie the league record for longest home winning streak tonight against the record holding Philadelphia Flyers.
Wanger 09:56 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Glad you had fun despite the outcome....freaking Sedins need to get deported.
No S#IT! I hate those guys! Either that, or the Wild need to trade for both of them. :-)
icehog3 11:02 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
No S#IT! I hate those guys! Either that, or the Wild need to trade for both of them. :-)
They would have to trade their whole team and throw in a bag of pucks. :-)
357 11:45 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Wings have a chance to tie the league record for longest home winning streak tonight against the record holding Philadelphia Flyers.
Done deal. Going for the unshared record tomorrow night against Dallas.
Wanger 11:58 AM 02-13-2012
Only one bag? BARGAIN!
Ahbroody 02:22 PM 02-13-2012
Reminds of eastern europen soccer team that traded a player for meat.
Ahbroody 02:29 PM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
• I call the New NHL game “go-kart hockey’’ - full of speed and lacking in puck control and playmaking. Last week, Blues revivalist Ken Hitchcock labeled it “race-a-riffic’’ hockey in a story by esteemed reporter/essayist Roy MacGregor of Canada’s Globe and Mail. “We tried to still play possession hockey after the lockout,’’ explained Hitch. “And now it’s race-a-riffic hockey. It’s unbelievable how fast the game is, but it’s fast without puck possession. It’s forecheck, forecheck, sometimes it feels like it’s organized chaos out there.
Hate to say this as my hatred is well documented, but while this is applicable to most teams , it doesnt apply to the red wings. watched most of yesterdays game. They create confusion by passing and puck control not speed and chaos. While some teams in the West can handle this and shut some of it down, its tough for majority of teams to deal with. In the West I see the Hawks Blues and Sharks are better at moving puck, but not like the Wings currently are.

In case anyone is wondering go Dallas, F the red bags.
357 02:45 PM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Hate to say this as my hatred is well documented, but while this is applicable to most teams , it doesnt apply to the red wings. watched most of yesterdays game. They create confusion by passing and puck control not speed and chaos. While some teams in the West can handle this and shut some of it down, its tough for majority of teams to deal with. In the West I see the Hawks Blues and Sharks are better at moving puck, but not like the Wings currently are.

In case anyone is wondering go Dallas, F the red bags.
I can FEEL the love Mike. :-)
Shaerza 08:52 AM 02-14-2012
Going to the game tonight. Lets go Wings! I want to witness history being written :-)
icehog3 08:56 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
Going to the game tonight. Lets go Wings! I want to witness history being written :-)
Is Moses going to be there, Dan?? :-)
Shaerza 09:48 PM 02-14-2012
:-):-) The crowd tonight was almost as crazy as when I was up there for game 7 against the ducks a couple years ago.

GO WINGS!
Prefy 09:53 PM 02-14-2012
:-):-) The crowd tonight was almost as crazy as when I was up there for game 7 against the ducks a couple years ago.

GO WINGS!
Quite the run the Wings are on!

Just saw you were in Toledo, do you ever make it out to any Walleye games? We have a couple guys down there.
Shaerza 09:54 PM 02-14-2012
I usually try to make it to a Walleye game or two a year. I havent been to one this year yet tho :-)
Prefy 09:59 PM 02-14-2012
I usually try to make it to a Walleye game or two a year. I havent been to one this year yet tho :-)
From what I have heard they run the team first class down there.

We actually just assigned a goalie to Toledo and he won player of the week last week with 4 wins, a 1.93 GAA and .941 SV%.
icehog3 11:21 PM 02-14-2012
Stan Bowman says the Hawks will not do anything dramatic before the trade deadline.

Would bringing Rich and Ron Sutter out of retirement be considered dramatic? :-)
Page 38 of 82
« First < 28363738 394048 > Last »
Up