Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 38 of 350
« First < 28363738 39404888138 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 12:16 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
IIRC it helps cleanse the receptors, Gerry has the actual knowledge of this I'm just trying to remember it correctly
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
So by supplementing taurine, I could up the effectiveness of caffeine? Interesting...
That's pretty much how I believe Gerry explained it, Perry. :-)
Genetic Defect 12:19 AM 01-04-2009
thank you Tom, I wasnt sure if I was remembering it right, I actually started back on coffee this weekend amazing how a few cups kept me wired for many hours.
The Professor 08:52 AM 01-05-2009
I get 3 days this week, which is exciting. Haven't had a week where (a) I was home 3 days and (b) the gym was open 3 days for a while. So today was chest and tri, tomorrow will be back and bi, and Wednesday will be legs. I'm off for an interview after that, so only cardio and probably curlz for the gurlz on Thursday and Friday. Then another interview that I leave for on Sunday. Then I'm back for good, as far as I can tell, starting on Tuesday afternoon. It'll be nice to get back into a routine for my training and my eating.

Today I did a more traditional chest/tri day. Warmed up with some barbell rows (135 x 2 x 8) and lat pulldowns (185 x 2 x 10), tricep pressdowns (100 x 1 x 10), and cable rope crunches (200 x 1 x 20). I'm finding that getting a good lat warmup is really helping with my bench by reminding me which muscles should be taking the weight on the down motion. My bench itself wasn't all that impressive -- 95 x 1 x 10, 115 x 1 x 10, 135 x 3 x 5, 115 x 3 x 10 -- because my shoulder is still bothering me ... and I'm a weak-ass. :-) Followed it up with assisted dips (2 x 10) and tricep pressdowns (working up to 150 to failure ... somewhere around 8, I think) for a couple of sets.

Happy lifting to everyone!
:eevis 03:40 PM 01-05-2009
Well this is my first time posting my actual workout so be kind :-)
Got to the gym at 5:15 this morning and di a 5 min warmup on the eliptical.

Hit the Bench for 5 sets (12 , 10, 8, 6, and 12 reps) followed up immedietly by a set of Flyes (12 reps)
* All exercises listed follow the same sets and reps*

Widegrip Lat. Pulldowns followed by a set of Back Extensions

Seated Cable rows followed by a set of Seated overhead presses

Cable Curls followed by a set of Preacher curls

Cable Pulldowns for the triceps, followed by tricep extensions

Did good food wise today, no crappy snacks or soda, or two days for that matter ( damn caffine withdrawls, don't drink coffee, so got a bit of a headache)

Looking forward to my cardio day tomorrow, and looking in to some of the routines that Big Frank sent me (thanks again)
BigFrank 04:43 PM 01-05-2009
Im digging the taurine idea. Worth a shot.

Tonights workout :-)
Bench-350x5 - 385x3 - 420x3(pr)
Incline Dbs 100x5 - 100x5 - 150x8
Dips-50 reps total
Rope Ext-25 reps total
10 min on lazy bike

420 (LOL) was supposed to be a single. Snagged 3 reps. First two went up real smooth. Been working on my form and keeping my body tight. Small bench doesnt help much. Last rep was a fighter, finished got off the bench and my eyes were bloodshot like a mutha. Slow at the bottom again on last rep. Think im going to do a little chain/band work on my assistance day. Felt strong tonight despite a real lack of sleep.
The Professor 04:46 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
420 (LOL) was supposed to be a single. Snagged 3 reps. First two went up real smooth. Been working on my form and keeping my body tight. Small bench doesnt help much. Last rep was a fighter, finished got off the bench and my eyes were bloodshot like a mutha. Slow at the bottom again on last rep. Think im going to do a little chain/band work on my assistance day. Felt strong tonight despite a real lack of sleep.
Dude ... just like Scott Mendelson. :-) :-)

I wanna be Frank strong someday. :-)
Sanitariumite 04:47 PM 01-05-2009
So I didn't get the chance to work out on the NO-Xplode because the people who run my gym don't keep up on maintenance, and so the motion sensors to turn on the lights in the weight area wouldn't activate. I worked out chest/biceps yesterday on the WF tabs, and holy damn, I felt like I could run through walls. I forgot how much I love WF! Tomorrow's Shoulders/Triceps on N.O. Vassive, so I'll let you guys know how that works out.
BigFrank 05:02 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Dude ... just like Scott Mendelson. :-) :-)

I wanna be Frank strong someday. :-)
I tell you what, My strength sky rocketing compared to 6 months ago. I changed my diet around, and wrote down a good routine. Been sticking to it. Before, I wanted to bodybuild and get strong. Hard to do both. Now that I concentrate 100% on getting strong. Its helping a ton. Using a different routine now, that is a little less intense. Designed for a slower progression.

Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
So I didn't get the chance to work out on the NO-Xplode because the people who run my gym don't keep up on maintenance, and so the motion sensors to turn on the lights in the weight area wouldn't activate. I worked out chest/biceps yesterday on the WF tabs, and holy damn, I felt like I could run through walls. I forgot how much I love WF! Tomorrow's Shoulders/Triceps on N.O. Vassive, so I'll let you guys know how that works out.
Sounds good bro. Think I might have to give in to the WF craze.
Sanitariumite 05:13 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sounds good bro. Think I might have to give in to the WF craze.
Between WF and NO-Xplode, WF is definitely the superior. I love the beta-alanine tingles, it gets me pumped up and ready to lift, and the pump is really good. I was filling out the sleeves on my t-shirt like I never have before. Hopefully this N.O. Vassive stuff is as good as I've heard. But then again, I've also heard it takes a week or two of constant use to really see the benefits. I'll definitely keep you guys posted as that time progresses though.
zemekone 08:26 PM 01-05-2009
peek...

everyone keep training hard?
Mugen910 09:25 PM 01-05-2009
UGH....Tri/Bi/Chest tonite at home...20 reps...are you kidding BigFrank!?! I'm so freaking tight right now I can barely move. :-)
icehog3 10:19 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
peek...

everyone keep training hard?
Tore up back and chest today....ready for a big leg day tomorrow.

How's training, Gerry?
King James 02:08 PM 01-06-2009
dunno if I will use WF again... just doesn't do it for me... dunno why
icehog3 03:30 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
dunno if I will use WF again... just doesn't do it for me... dunno why
Did you use it all? I will trade you a cigar(s) for left overs if you don't like it.

Trashed legs today, even on almost no sleep (insomnia killing me this week). Tomorrow is arms and shoulders.
King James 04:15 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you use it all? I will trade you a cigar(s) for left overs if you don't like it.

Trashed legs today, even on almost no sleep (insomnia killing me this week). Tomorrow is arms and shoulders.
It is almost gone so I'm going to just finish it out. I dunno what else to use. I hate to admit it but I think I got more of a pump from noxplode.
Genetic Defect 04:18 PM 01-06-2009
It is almost gone so I'm going to just finish it out. I dunno what else to use. I hate to admit it but I think I got more of a pump from noxplode.
It's your subconscience, you effectivly did not want WF to work and you think the other product works a placebo type effect. :-)
King James 04:25 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
It's your subconscience, you effectivly did not want WF to work and you think the other product works a placebo type effect. :-)
I thought noxplode wasn't working that well and that is why I switched...... I wanted WF to work well for me as it has for Tom.
icehog3 04:27 PM 01-06-2009
Seems that way with supps, Jim, must have to do with body chemistry. I have 1/2 my friends who love the WF and hate the NO, and the other 1/2 just the opposite.
King James 04:31 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Seems that way with supps, Jim, must have to do with body chemistry. I have 1/2 my friends who love the WF and hate the NO, and the other 1/2 just the opposite.
unfortunately for me, neither seem to be working all that well. Maybe I can give noxplode another shot, even tho I hate the taste of it.
Genetic Defect 04:42 PM 01-06-2009
I thought noxplode wasn't working that well and that is why I switched...... I wanted WF to work well for me as it has for Tom.
It works good for Tom Dokk and Perry :-)
Page 38 of 350
« First < 28363738 39404888138 > Last »
Up