Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 38 of 71
« First < 28363738 394048 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
ApexAZ 09:34 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
What did you think?
I thought it was good but I like the Moka Kadir Blend better (MKB is no longer available).

Damn, El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon is no longer available either. That has been one I really enjoyed.
It's pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I really liked the El Salvador Majahual -Tablon La Montana and can't wait to roast up some more. It has definitely made me curious about other El Salvador offerings and central American coffees in general. I think I need to be keeping a coffee journal like I do with cigars to track the coffees and their degrees of roast.

I still have like 4 lbs to consume, so I'm trying not to order more for now, but it's hard! WILLPOWER!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:26 AM 02-22-2012
Drinking the last of my Moka Kadir!
I first tried to press some Starbucks Blonde that came with my travel press, horrible!
I tossed it and make the MKB!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:59 AM 02-22-2012
Drinking the last of my Moka Kadir!
I first tried to press some Starbucks Blonde that came with my travel press, horrible!
I tossed it and make the MKB!
Bye bye MKB =(

I was curious about the blonde too. Not so good then?
[Reply]
Mr B 12:40 PM 02-22-2012
Guatamala Acatenango Finca La Solidad at Full City w/ 4 days.
Very nice
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:45 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Bye bye MKB =(

I was curious about the blonde too. Not so good then?
I took two sips and said WTF, oh yah that's why I roast my own! :-)
[Reply]
BSB 02:20 PM 02-22-2012
Moka Kadir comes and goes. It will be back, when SM has the beans to blend it.
Ethiopia, with 4, totally different than with 2, but still very nice.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:24 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
Ethiopia, with 4, totally different than with 2, but still very nice.
I've been meaning to ask what you mean when you say with 4, with 2, etc?
[Reply]
Mr B 03:11 PM 02-22-2012
I've been meaning to ask what you mean when you say with 4, with 2, etc?
Amout of "Days Rest"
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:18 PM 02-22-2012
A makes perfect sense!
[Reply]
BSB 04:06 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Amout of "Days Rest"
:-) :-)
BTW, B, I found that Silk Creamer, at Whole Foods, as expected. It is excellent! Thanks for the tip :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 04:16 PM 02-22-2012
BTW, B, I found that Silk Creamer, at Whole Foods, as expected. It is excellent! Thanks for the tip :-)
Glad you dig it. It's all I like now.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:48 PM 02-22-2012
You can go to the Silk Creamer web page for a coupon, but then you'd have to leave alot of personal info to secure it:-)

[Reply]
BSB 07:24 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
You can go to the Silk Creamer web page for a coupon, but then you'd have to leave alot of personal info to secure it:-)

About $2 a qt. at Whole foods. Can't imagine the coup would be for much and yeah, I don't like giving out my info to anybody. Thanks for the thought, though.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:01 AM 02-23-2012
Drinking the Espresso Workshop #21 -The Satpura Fold that I roasted on Sunday night. I see what they mean about the brightness. I roasted it to Full City and to what I think was the verge of 2nd crack, but can't really be sure since I didn't really hear it start 2nd crack. It's pretty decent, but I may try and go slightly farther next round.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:06 AM 02-23-2012
El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon
I love this stuff, wish I could still get it.
[Reply]
BSB 10:54 AM 02-23-2012
Drinking the Espresso Workshop #21 -The Satpura Fold that I roasted on Sunday night. I see what they mean about the brightness. I roasted it to Full City and to what I think was the verge of 2nd crack, but can't really be sure since I didn't really hear it start 2nd crack. It's pretty decent, but I may try and go slightly farther next round.
Are you using this for espresso?
El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon
I love this stuff, wish I could still get it.
It is in my cup today. Decent cup, but not blown away by it :-) Maybe with more rest.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:08 AM 02-23-2012
Having a very nice blend today.
2/3 Costa Rica Finca Bella Vista at Full City
and 1/3 Papua New Guinea Barioda Estate at Full City +
Came out very good.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:01 PM 02-23-2012
Are you using this for espresso?
I made an americano with my moka pot. Tomorrow will be aeropress americano.
[Reply]
BSB 02:29 PM 02-23-2012
I made an americano with my moka pot. Tomorrow will be aeropress americano.
Cool! I usually drip, sometimes press, so I never try these blends. Funny, because I buy 5 lb bags and roast and send to my Brother for his espresso making :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 04:05 PM 02-23-2012
Cool! I usually drip, sometimes press, so I never try these blends. Funny, because I buy 5 lb bags and roast and send to my Brother for his espresso making :-)

It's certainly not the same as an actual espresso machine, but close enough for me.

The reason I got all the blends is because I ordered 2 4 bag samplers. One was espresso and the other single origin. So far, I've enjoyed the gneiss the most of the blends.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 71
« First < 28363738 394048 > Last »
Up