Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 82
« First < 27353637 383947 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Pseudosacred 08:15 PM 02-07-2012
So, I just got in a pretty heated argument with a Flyers fan (kind of like arguing with a brick wall that states obvious facts) about Bryzgalov. I'm kind of getting tired of the Philly trash blaming a goalie, who was good every other year of his career.

Tonight Philly lost in a shootout, against the Islanders.

This person is blaming it all on Bryzgalov. My problem with this is, the Flyers had 45 shots on Evegeni Nabakov, who is a lot worse than Bryz. I mean, 45 shots? They must have been making some pretty awful ones, right? I didn't watch the game, as I hate all Philly sports, but come on...that's a little much.

Also, Bryz's record on Phoenix, in shootouts, last years was 7 wins and a loss. This year, I believe he's won one. Not only that, but their shooters barely scored. So, it can't all be your goalies fault when your team is sub-par.

Anyone else feel this way? Bryz was awesome with Phoenix, becuase they were a pretty strong team...
icehog3 09:07 PM 02-07-2012
Hawks defense looks like swiss cheese, can't believe how many odd man breaks the Avs have had...lucky it ain't 6-2. :-)
icehog3 09:15 PM 02-07-2012
Looks like the Hawks will be winless on the road trip so far, as well as winless in their last 8 on the road. FML. :-)
E.J. 09:29 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hawks defense looks like swiss cheese, can't believe how many odd man breaks the Avs have had...lucky it ain't 6-2. :-)
Have not seen that many odd man rushes in a while....

Jiggy played well.

Good to get off the snide.... Believe 1 point out of the 8....:-)
Ahbroody 11:13 PM 02-07-2012
Going to have to fire up the roku to watch this one.
taltos 04:40 AM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
That kid has his stuff straight. He would look good in blue...:-)
along with Kane. They would both look great wearing the spoked B.
Partagaspete 05:08 PM 02-08-2012
Nabby say's NOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, though it was a great game by both teams and as an Isles fan I would have been fine even losing in OT as we are still rebuilding...but a great win on the back Of Nabs. I still think he will and should be moved by the trade deadline as long as we get something fair. We don' have to get the better of the deal but improve where we need improvement.

Hey Psuedosacred, I think your friends' thoughts are fine as he is not earnign his keep for the $$$$ he is getting. not sure I agree with him but it is not unfair to expect more from him, but I do like Bobs a lot. in fact I would love to trade our # 1 goalie (glass Ricky) in a heart beat. LOL

I truly feel the Isles are set up well for a future I just hope the future is still on the Isle and not Quebec...

T
Partagaspete 05:12 PM 02-08-2012
I wish it was my call, Tony! :-)

Q says Emery has the net tomorrow....it will be his to keep (or lose) the way Q thinks.
Lets say it was your call and we can add in draft picks/prospects. What would you give me if I offered you Nabby now? especially after his steller play against the Flyers?

Hell lets start a rumour on the Hockey boards.

T
icehog3 07:47 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Lets say it was your call and we can add in draft picks/prospects. What would you give me if I offered you Nabby now? especially after his steller play against the Flyers?

Hell lets start a rumour on the Hockey boards.

T
I wouldn't offer just because of the Flyer game, but he has been playing much better in general as of late.

I would have to see how much time is left on his contract, and at what price. Then I will make my offer. :-)
Ahbroody 11:09 PM 02-08-2012
:-)
icehog3 11:10 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
:-)
O Jokinen... that is a :-)
kugie 05:01 AM 02-09-2012
What a bad night for the B's
They lost 6-0 to the Sabers and they looked like they were in the first 5 minutes.
But after that they could not get their legs under them.
Rask had two fluke goals and one he should have stopped They pulled him in the the second and Thomas had some great saves but the B's could not solve Miller and then the wheels fell off.
I hope this is not what we are going to see from them during this 7 game road trip.
Bruins Fan 06:39 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by kugie:
What a bad night for the B's
They lost 6-0 to the Sabers and they looked like they were in the first 5 minutes.
But after that they could not get their legs under them.
Rask had two fluke goals and one he should have stopped They pulled him in the the second and Thomas had some great saves but the B's could not solve Miller and then the wheels fell off.
I hope this is not what we are going to see from them during this 7 game road trip.
Yeah..but we won all the fights,look for Looch to get a call from Shanaban.
357 07:21 AM 02-09-2012
Wings win 18th in a row at home.Tops in the league with 74 points. I caught the end of last night's game against the Oilers.

But in bigger news the 2013 Winter Classic will be between the Wings and Leafs and is to be hosted at the Big House (University of Michigan) which has an official capacity of 109,901 but has record attendances of 114,804. See below

I think the fact a college game hosted there currently holds the world record for attendance to a hockey game kinda helped motivate the NHL to one-up them. They are going to have an AHL game on Thursday, Great Lakes Invitational hockey tourney on Friday and Saturday, then the Wings/Leafs on Tuesday 1/1/2013.

Anyone wanna go? :-)
357 07:42 AM 02-09-2012
More info on the festivities...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...cSqj7z6HgmvLYF
Originally Posted by :
To satisfy Red Wings owner Mike Illitch, who also owns the Detroit Tigers and Comerica Park, the numerous events that now take place in a Winter Classic host city won't all take place at Michigan Stadium. As the NHL goes for a record attendance number at the Big House, Illitch will see his baseball stadium get plenty of action with a rink of its own.

Via Chuck Pleiness of the Macomb Daily:

Comerica Park will host an American Hockey League game between the Grand Rapids Griffins and Toronto Marlies, the minor league affiliates of the Wings and Leafs.

It will also be the site of the Great Lakes Invitational, along with two Ontario Hockey League games and numerous high school and youth games.

Michigan and Michigan State will be two of the GLI teams. Three OHL teams — the Plymouth Whalers, Saginaw Spirit and Windsor Spitfires — have already been confirmed.

Comerica could also host the alumni game between the Wings and Leafs.

Jim Parker of the Windsor Star reports that the London Knights will be the fourth OHL team playing in the outdoor junior game.

Now that we're set with the matchup for Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, we can start looking ahead to who's going to be suiting up for the Maple Leafs and Red Wings in the alumni game (Will Gordie Howe follow Bernie Parent's lead?) and, almost as importantly, exactly what throwback jerseys will both teams wear.

Wanger 09:05 AM 02-09-2012
Taking the boys to the Wild/Vancouver game tonight at the X Woohoo! Go Wild!
icehog3 10:24 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Taking the boys to the Wild/Vancouver game tonight at the X Woohoo! Go Wild!
Have a great time.:-)

Looked at the schedule of 10 games tonight, and this is actually the one I am TiVo'ing to watch after work.
Wanger 11:27 AM 02-09-2012
Have a great time.:-)

Looked at the schedule of 10 games tonight, and this is actually the one I am TiVo'ing to watch after work.
Wifey gets to break out her Clutterbuck jersey I got her for her bday tonight. I'll likely be wearing a Sioux jersey, but we'll be hiding with the rest of the dregs in the upper deck. :-)

Should be a good game, and it'll be the first NHL game for both of the boys. They've both been to WCHA Final Five games last year. :-) The girl is jealous that she has to miss it for play practice.
Bigwaved 10:49 PM 02-09-2012
Ask Mike Smith...
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
So, I just got in a pretty heated argument with a Flyers fan (kind of like arguing with a brick wall that states obvious facts) about Bryzgalov. I'm kind of getting tired of the Philly trash blaming a goalie, who was good every other year of his career.

Tonight Philly lost in a shootout, against the Islanders.

This person is blaming it all on Bryzgalov. My problem with this is, the Flyers had 45 shots on Evegeni Nabakov, who is a lot worse than Bryz. I mean, 45 shots? They must have been making some pretty awful ones, right? I didn't watch the game, as I hate all Philly sports, but come on...that's a little much.

Also, Bryz's record on Phoenix, in shootouts, last years was 7 wins and a loss. This year, I believe he's won one. Not only that, but their shooters barely scored. So, it can't all be your goalies fault when your team is sub-par.

Anyone else feel this way? Bryz was awesome with Phoenix, becuase they were a pretty strong team...

yourchoice 07:01 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
I found your paint brush...
...maybe it's time for one that's not so broad?

But to answer your question, it certainly can't be solely Bryz's fault...you can't win a shootout if you don't score a shootout goal! Neither the goalies nor the shooters have performed well in shootouts this season for the Flyers. Neither performed well in them last season either. I've heard that it isn't something Peter Laviolette stresses at practice. Actually, after the S/O loss to the Islanders, CSN-Philly had a "story" that they practiced shootouts the next day. Reading between the lines, I think that confirms it's not something they normally practice too often. I guess I'm saying if I were to blame someone, I'd be blaming the coach.....but,

You know what? I'm fine with it if he doesn't stress it, as long as those lost points don't cost them a playoff spot. Once in the playoffs the NHL does away with the silly shootouts anyway.
Page 37 of 82
« First < 27353637 383947 > Last »
Up