Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 71
« First < 27353637 383947 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
BSB 09:03 AM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
More Monkey Blend today. It is getting better compared to my first cup. It must have needed more time to degas. Delicious!
Funny how that works. The Sumatra Bodhi Leaf, with 3, is WAY better than with 2. Deep and rich, fantastic body. Excellent cup!
Happy Saturday!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:18 AM 02-18-2012
Just the regular old Trader Joe' House Blend this morning. I love their Sumatra/Columbian blend for this brand...

[Reply]
BSB 01:38 PM 02-19-2012
Pressed a cup of monkey blend before church.
Sumatra, with 4, after, is smooth and fine.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 07:52 PM 02-19-2012
Nothing special as far as beans go, just Caribou french roast. But I got a new french press and the non-fancy beans taste way better out of this thing than they did from the coffee maker.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:12 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Nothing special as far as beans go, just Caribou french roast. But I got a new french press and the non-fancy beans taste way better out of this thing than they did from the coffee maker.
That is an awesome press!!!

I am drinking El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon and it is mighty tasty!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 06:17 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
That is an awesome press!!!

I'm really happy with it so far. At an insulated 64oz I can get 4 big cups of coffee and the second two are still hot when the wife and I get to them.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:26 AM 02-20-2012
I'm really happy with it so far. At an insulated 64oz I can get 4 big cups of coffee and the second two are still hot when the wife and I get to them.
I have been pressing in my glass press and then poaring it into a thermos. Yesterday I grabbed a nice little travel press. I saw a nice big carafe at Ikea Saturday kind of like yours, I really wanted to grab it but the boss said not today.
[Reply]
BSB 09:01 AM 02-20-2012
It is beautiful! But, doesn't the coffee tend to get bitter, sitting in there? Or, if you guys drink coffee like me, it doesn't sit long :-)
Try some Dunn Bros. coffee. Fresh roasted right in the stores.
I grew up in MN, did some canoe trips down the Crow, there were no houses along it back then :-) only farms. Smoked my 1st cigars on those trips, Wolfe Bros. Rum Soaked Crooks :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:09 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
It is beautiful! But, doesn't the coffee tend to get bitter, sitting in there? Or, if you guys drink coffee like me, it doesn't sit long :-)
Try some Dunn Bros. coffee. Fresh roasted right in the stores.
I grew up in MN, did some canoe trips down the Crow, there were no houses along it back then :-) only farms. Smoked my 1st cigars on those trips, Wolfe Bros. Rum Soaked Crooks :-)
Mine doesn't last long but it does occasionally get cold fast if I leave it directly in my glass press.
I add it to a thermos just to keep it hot for the 15 or so minutes I take to drink it all.
[Reply]
BSB 09:09 AM 02-20-2012
New coffee! Ethiopia Pulp Natural Process Limu :-) Roasted 2 days ago to FC, drip, dollop. Very nice cup, subdued fruit with very good body.
SM says, "City+ to FC+: A very unique cup that features both wet and dry process characteristics, fruited notes and good body, peach, mango, apricot, herbal notes."
Good cup, enjoying it. It's no fruit bomb, but the added body is a plus :-)
[Reply]
BSB 09:10 AM 02-20-2012
Mine doesn't last long but it does occasionally get cold fast if I leave it directly in my glass press.
When I do press, I put whatever is left, in the thermal carafe, of my Capresso coffee maker.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:11 AM 02-20-2012
When I do press, I put whatever is left, in the thermal carafe, of my Capresso coffee maker.
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:30 PM 02-20-2012
I am drinking El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon again. I really like this one!
[Reply]
BSB 03:21 PM 02-20-2012
I am drinking El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon again. I really like this one!
I got this one in the lineup, either on deck or in the hole :-)
[Reply]
BSB 08:35 AM 02-21-2012
Roasted this morning.
Ethiopia Limu, with 3, deep, rich, fruit is rich wine, not complex but a solid cup. Tastes much darker roasted than it is :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 09:26 AM 02-21-2012
New coffee! Ethiopia Pulp Natural Process Limu :-) Roasted 2 days ago to FC, drip, dollop. Very nice cup, subdued fruit with very good body.
SM says, "City+ to FC+: A very unique cup that features both wet and dry process characteristics, fruited notes and good body, peach, mango, apricot, herbal notes."
Good cup, enjoying it. It's no fruit bomb, but the added body is a plus :-)

Sounds tasty.
[Reply]
Mr B 09:29 AM 02-21-2012

:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 10:53 AM 02-21-2012
Just pressed a French Roast Blend I made. Roasted Saturday. All 3 beans roasted seperately.
1/3 Sumatra Tarbarita Peaberry
1/3 Ethiopia DP Sidama Aleta Wondo
1/3 El Salvador Majahual Tablon La Montana

Very nice even w/ only 3 days on it. Spicy Earth, Lightly fruited and a juicy mouthfeel.
Should even get better w/ another day or 2 on it.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:13 AM 02-22-2012
Finishing up the Monkey blend today. Should be able to dip into the Satpura Fold espresso blend tomorrow.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:14 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Finishing up the Monkey blend today. Should be able to dip into the Satpura Fold espresso blend tomorrow.
What did you think?
I thought it was good but I like the Moka Kadir Blend better (MKB is no longer available).

Damn, El Salvador Finca La Montanita Bourbon is no longer available either. That has been one I really enjoyed.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 71
« First < 27353637 383947 > Last »
Up