Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 350
« First < 27353637 38394787137 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
:eevis 05:13 PM 01-01-2009
Just wondering if anybody might be able to suggest a workout for me. I have been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now. I have been lifting 3 days a week, and hitting cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 days a week. Just been kind of wingong it and want to become more structured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee
icehog3 09:13 AM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by :eevis:
Just wondering if anybody might be able to suggest a workout for me. I have been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now. I have been lifting 3 days a week, and hitting cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 days a week. Just been kind of wingong it and want to become more structured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee
I think people here can give you some ideas if you let us know what your goals are, as well as the time you have to commit to working out. :-)
Shaerza 12:04 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think people here can give you some ideas if you let us know what your goals are, as well as the time you have to commit to working out. :-)

Marking the thread here so I can check your responses to him! probably will work as a change up routine for me :-)
:eevis 02:52 PM 01-02-2009
My goals are primarily weight loss to start, been working on that with diet, I am down to 230 is from 250-60. Also just want to get in better overall shape. Tired of looking like a lump of something (want more size and definition). I have currently been doing kind of a modified Body for Life Workout ( got the book about 6 years ago and tried a few times unsuccessfully) 12, 10, 8 then six reps Lower weight to high, one more set of 12 at mid-weight, then 12 reps of another exercise that hits the same group. I have about an hour+ that i go to the gym in the morning before I go to work
Currently doing 3 days lifting, 3 days cardio.
Thanks guys
BigFrank 03:32 PM 01-02-2009
Did some assistance work on New Years Day, nothing special.

Squats tonight
440x3 460x3 485x4 ( 5th rep had a nasty bomb out. nose bleed and everything )
hack squats
leg ext
calf
abs

Hit my goal weight +1 rep, so I shouldnt be too upset. But I felt like I had 6-7 reps in me tonight. The bomb out was nasty. I went down for 5 went too low, ass shot out behind me, had to roll forward. When I was falling forward, my nose busted open like a fountain. I guess my blood pressure shot sky high or something? Was kinda cool looking. blood all over my face, the ground, and forearm somehow. Luckily nothing hurt after the bombout. Lower back felt fine. Knees fine.
Sanitariumite 04:06 PM 01-02-2009
Ok so my stuff came a couple of days late due to the bad weather, but bodybuilding.com threw in a few extra samples I'm really excited about. I have a double sample of NO-Xplode (Grape... I hate grape...), a sample of the new White Flood Tabs, and then my tub of Optimum's new N.O. Vassive so I'll do the NO-Xplode tonight (Double Serving. One serving does nothing for me), the WF tomorrow, and then on Sunday I'll start on the N.O. Vassive, and I should be able to make a pretty good comparison from that. They also threw in a sample of CL's REDuction, and Nutrex's Lipo6X. I just took the Lipo6X, so I'll be able to compare the energy I get from the two of those as well. Plus it makes me happy to see a giant tub of Animal Paks, and 10lbs of Gold Standard in the top of my pantry. I think it's going to be a good day...
Commander Quan 04:11 PM 01-02-2009
Does anyone workout with Kettlebells? I've finally found a place locally that sells them reasonably priced. Are they all that they are made out to be?
King James 04:22 PM 01-02-2009
First full day back lifting today and it felt great. After two weeks off I did better then I thought
DavenportESQ 04:27 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
First full day back lifting today and it felt great. After two weeks off I did better then I thought
I will start back on monday after a nice time of recharging my batteries
King James 04:28 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Hope it goes well. I generally don't lift on the weekends so should be ready for a full weeks workout come monday
:eevis 03:41 PM 01-03-2009
I had been having trouble getting myself motivated in the past. Somebody suggested that I watch this video. It definetly got my mind in the right place. I figured that i would put it out there is any other inmates decided that they would try to get in better shape, and came to this forum.
By the way, thanks for this forum Zemekone and Icehog3. Very informative
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA
Sanitariumite 03:54 PM 01-03-2009
I took the Lipo6x yesterday, and felt nothing. Not even a the slight pick-me-up I get from 2 shots of espresso. This may be due to the fact that I haven't cut caffeine from my diet, but I want to test this under a realistic environment. I have 2-300mg of caffeine before I go to the gym, and I have espresso or a sugar-free energy drink 3-4 times a week so this probably has a strong effect on how potent the Lipo6x is to me. On the other hand, I took the REDuction this morning, and after about 15-20 minutes I started to feel a warmth spread through me. I definitely feel awake/alert, more than I would without. I don't feel hyper at all, or ready to run through walls or anything, but I've definitely got an elevated sense of alertness.

I didn't take the NO-Xplode last night, I got out of work too late, and didn't want to be up until 3:00 twitching in my bed. I'll take it tonight at about 9:45, and I'll be in the gym by 10:30. Tonight's chest/biceps, tomorrow will be triceps/shoulders on the WF tabs, and Monday will be Back/abs with my first serving of N.O. Vassive. I'll keep you guys posted as I try each of the three.
BigFrank 06:24 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Does anyone workout with Kettlebells? I've finally found a place locally that sells them reasonably priced. Are they all that they are made out to be?
I have in the past, the only exercise I did with them was kettle bell swings.
Some guys tie them to the end of a barbell and do flat bench, Its called crazy bells. Did those ones. didn't work. Supposed to help stabilization. Personally I would avoid buying them yourself.

Originally Posted by King James:
Glad to hear bro. You coming back full force? or toning it down until you feel you are 100%?

Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Sounds good. I'm bout due for a recharge period. Getting those aches and pains.

Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
I didn't take the NO-Xplode last night, I got out of work too late, and didn't want to be up until 3:00 twitching in my bed. I'll take it tonight at about 9:45, and I'll be in the gym by 10:30. Tonight's chest/biceps, tomorrow will be triceps/shoulders on the WF tabs, and Monday will be Back/abs with my first serving of N.O. Vassive. I'll keep you guys posted as I try each of the three.
careful taking to many stimulants. Animal pak makes a NO/ Pre workout called Pump. I used to use that when I worked out late before bed. Theres a red pill u can remove, so u get all the NO crap and creatine but no stimulants. might be having on hand incase you workout late, you can still get your pre workout supps in and avoid the insomnia.

Originally Posted by :eevis:
My goals are primarily weight loss to start, been working on that with diet, I am down to 230 is from 250-60. Also just want to get in better overall shape. Tired of looking like a lump of something (want more size and definition). I have currently been doing kind of a modified Body for Life Workout ( got the book about 6 years ago and tried a few times unsuccessfully) 12, 10, 8 then six reps Lower weight to high, one more set of 12 at mid-weight, then 12 reps of another exercise that hits the same group. I have about an hour+ that i go to the gym in the morning before I go to work
Currently doing 3 days lifting, 3 days cardio.
Thanks guys
I would combine cardio and lifting days, and look into a 4 day split. For weight loss get a good diet together, keep your reps high and rest between sets low. For cardio steady state cardio and HIIT are going to be your best bet.
Genetic Defect 06:38 PM 01-03-2009
White Blood is the non-stim version of white blood:-)
Sanitariumite 11:55 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
careful taking to many stimulants. Animal pak makes a NO/ Pre workout called Pump. I used to use that when I worked out late before bed. Theres a red pill u can remove, so u get all the NO crap and creatine but no stimulants. might be having on hand incase you workout late, you can still get your pre workout supps in and avoid the insomnia.
I'm cutting out the Energy drinks/coffee now that I'm going to be back on a N.O. Supp. I might re-up on some REDuction after today, but that would be the extent of my daily stimulant intake. I took the double NO-Xplode about 45 ago, and honestly, I don't feel much at all. I'll have to let my time in the gym do the real talking, but I don't feel any intense focus or energy boost like I used to with the WF. I'm heading out in a few. I'll report back after my session.
Genetic Defect 11:58 PM 01-03-2009
I'm cutting out the Energy drinks/coffee now that I'm going to be back on a N.O. Supp. I might re-up on some REDuction after today, but that would be the extent of my daily stimulant intake. I took the double NO-Xplode about 45 ago, and honestly, I don't feel much at all. I'll have to let my time in the gym do the real talking, but I don't feel any intense focus or energy boost like I used to with the WF. I'm heading out in a few. I'll report back after my session.
:-)

if you are cutting out caffeine entirely it is recommended that you take 1g of Taurine (am I right Gerry)
Sanitariumite 12:02 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
:-)

if you are cutting out caffeine entirely it is recommended that you take 1g of Taurine (am I right Gerry)
Why is that? I'll only be cutting out non-supplement caffeine. There's 130 something mg in a serving of the N.O. Vassive, and I'm pretty sure there's some in REDuction which I'll likely start taking again, so I'd still have a daily caffeine intake of probably 150-200mg.
Genetic Defect 12:07 AM 01-04-2009
Why is that? I'll only be cutting out non-supplement caffeine. There's 130 something mg in a serving of the N.O. Vassive, and I'm pretty sure there's some in REDuction which I'll likely start taking again, so I'd still have a daily caffeine intake of probably 150-200mg.
IIRC it helps cleanse the receptors, Gerry has the actual knowledge of this I'm just trying to remember it correctly
Sanitariumite 12:11 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
IIRC it helps cleanse the receptors, Gerry has the actual knowledge of this I'm just trying to remember it correctly
So by supplementing taurine, I could up the effectiveness of caffeine? Interesting...
Genetic Defect 12:15 AM 01-04-2009
So by supplementing taurine, I could up the effectiveness of caffeine? Interesting...
I'm not sure how it works, he will be able to clarify better
Page 37 of 350
« First < 27353637 38394787137 > Last »
Up