Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 129
« First < 27353637 38394787 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 03:09 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread :-)
I do something like this already. I make protein shakes in the blender with peanut butter and bananas.
[Reply]
goalie204 03:43 PM 10-20-2009
ya but peanut butter m&ms thats like,...your shake on crack!
[Reply]
shilala 04:17 PM 10-20-2009
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread :-)
I just got three 42 ounce bags at Walmart. I might make peanut M&M lasagna and skip the fruit. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:50 PM 10-20-2009
M&M's are out of the question for me.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:21 PM 10-20-2009
ya but peanut butter m&ms thats like,...your shake on crack!
:-) Shhh! Don't tell anyone!
Originally Posted by shilala:
I just got three 42 ounce bags at Walmart. I might make peanut M&M lasagna and skip the fruit. :-)
:-)
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
M&M's are out of the question for me.
[Reply]
shilala 07:15 AM 10-22-2009
188.0 this morning. I never thought I'd break that 190 barrier, let alone see it stick.
If I see 185, I'll be shocked.
[Reply]
forgop 07:15 AM 10-22-2009
Today's weight was 230.6, down 2.9 lbs this week and 7.8 lbs overall.

Thought I'd share a recipe with you that I REALLY liked and ate twice this past week. One of the best meals I've ever had. It's a weightwatchers recipe, but will work for any low calorie type of diet. The only difference is that my wife subbed the corn flakes for bread crumbs.

Southern-style oven fried chicken

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz buttermilk
3/4 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
Instructions

* Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

* Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.

* Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.

* Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 breast per serving.
[Reply]
kayaker 07:21 AM 10-22-2009
Way to go Scott and Duane!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 08:02 AM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by forgop:
Today's weight was 230.6, down 2.9 lbs this week and 7.8 lbs overall.

Thought I'd share a recipe with you that I REALLY liked and ate twice this past week. One of the best meals I've ever had. It's a weightwatchers recipe, but will work for any low calorie type of diet. The only difference is that my wife subbed the corn flakes for bread crumbs.

Southern-style oven fried chicken

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz buttermilk
3/4 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
Instructions

* Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

* Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.

* Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.

* Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 breast per serving.
I love that recipe! I haven't had it in a while, but I use the corn flakes in it.
For those of you that have never tried this, do so. It' very good!:-)

Congrats, Scott! You're only three pounds away from 185; you'll see it before you know it.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:47 AM 10-23-2009
Down to 247 today. Hopefully it'll stay down until the weigh-in next week.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:31 PM 10-25-2009
245 today!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:45 AM 10-26-2009
Maybe it's b/c of my lack of sleep last night, but I went from 245 yesterday to 249 today. I know weight fluctuates at all times, but 4 pounds?!?
[Reply]
shilala 06:50 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Maybe it's b/c of my lack of sleep last night, but I went from 245 yesterday to 249 today. I know weight fluctuates at all times, but 4 pounds?!?
I gain/lose 5 to 7 pounds every day.
I'm 188.4 right now, if I weighed in this evening I'll have easily put on five pounds. In the morning, I'm back where I started.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:49 AM 10-26-2009
I gain/lose 5 to 7 pounds every day.
I'm 188.4 right now, if I weighed in this evening I'll have easily put on five pounds. In the morning, I'm back where I started.
That's why I weigh in in the morning after waking up. If I weigh in the afternoon or evening, I'm always much heavier, which is why I assume the lack of sleep caused the big fluctuation today.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:21 AM 10-28-2009
185.2 this morning. .2 pounds to go. :-)
That's the first time in 13 years I've seen that number on a scale unless someone else was standing on it. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:32 AM 10-28-2009
188.0 this morning. I never thought I'd break that 190 barrier, let alone see it stick.
If I see 185, I'll be shocked.
Awesome, Scott!:-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:21 PM 10-28-2009
Good news, Scott:-)

I'm going up up up...:-)

I'm eating right but the weight has increased over the last three days.
[Reply]
shilala 05:47 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
That's why I weigh in in the morning after waking up. If I weigh in the afternoon or evening, I'm always much heavier, which is why I assume the lack of sleep caused the big fluctuation today.:-)
Andy, I checked yesterday to see how much I gained over the day.
Yesterday morning I was 185.2. Last night I was 188.6. 185.4 this morning.
So the swing is about 3.5 pounds.
I've gained as much as 7 or 8 pounds over a couple day period, only to end up right back where I started a few days later.
I drink tons of water. Aquafina Grape water, mostly. I can tell when I get dehydrated by watching the scale, too. Today I'll be drinking a LOT.
I find that when I'm drinking coffee I tend to not drink my water, so I've cut way back on the coffee again. That seems to help. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:42 AM 10-29-2009
257 Today. As Long As I Stay In The 250's, I'm Happy! I Vary 10 pounds or so during the day, so I always weigh First Thing When I Get Up.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:45 AM 10-29-2009
Andy, I checked yesterday to see how much I gained over the day.
Yesterday morning I was 185.2. Last night I was 188.6. 185.4 this morning.
So the swing is about 3.5 pounds.
I've gained as much as 7 or 8 pounds over a couple day period, only to end up right back where I started a few days later.
I drink tons of water. Aquafina Grape water, mostly. I can tell when I get dehydrated by watching the scale, too. Today I'll be drinking a LOT.
I find that when I'm drinking coffee I tend to not drink my water, so I've cut way back on the coffee again. That seems to help. :-)
Much Better For You, Too, Scott! I Don't Think Any Of Us Drink Enough Water. First Thing I Feel When I don't Have enough Water intake, A Big Headache!:-)
[Reply]
Page 37 of 129
« First < 27353637 38394787 > Last »
Up