https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJx-rjxKBrM

Wonder if he likes them more now?
nutcracker 02:41 PM 05-13-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
MLP! MLP! MLP! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA21yNBVDYU
Only enhanced by the French commentary!
E.J. 05:30 PM 05-13-2014
Going Pens and 'Hawks. Pens already down 1....
nutcracker 06:24 PM 05-13-2014
Yeah but the King is kicking out big rebounds.
Love the intensity tonight. 2-1 a few seconds ago!
nutcracker 06:26 PM 05-13-2014
Since the end of the Torts era the Rangers have become really fun to watch.
E.J. 07:43 PM 05-13-2014
Ugh.... I can't win(my heart) this year.
E.J. 07:44 PM 05-13-2014
Though no Ducks fan, I hope they can advance and maybe I can catch a game next round(maybe not)... Might take SCF....
E.J. 07:59 PM 05-13-2014
Cool interview with MSL after the Rangers game... Good JuJu to MSL...
nutcracker 08:30 PM 05-13-2014
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Cool interview with MSL after the Rangers game... Good JuJu to MSL...
He's a cool guy. Was always second fiddle to Stamkos. Now he's shining in his own light.

Yzermann must be having seizures!

I must say Linquist was impressive though. He stopped a few really ugly ones, including the weird bounce off the stick on the ice. That rubber thing must have looked like a beach ball to him.
mk05 09:57 PM 05-13-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
...[Martin] Was always second fiddle to Stamkos. Now he's shining in his own light.
Are we watching the same games? Martin is, and always will be, second fiddle to the real play-maker and talent of a team. Show me one year where Martin played without a once-in-a-generation talent and produced remarkable numbers. You can't. He's extremely hyped by media, generally because he is a nice story for the NHL. He doesn't fit the usually hockey mold - he's very small, not very athletic, not very exceptional in any means...basically, he's easy to relate to some on a personal level. Doesn't mean that he is actually good. Let me explain...

Martin is not even Patrice Bergeron caliber, for the money and attention he gets. Look at the way he skates, where he dishes the puck, his lack of vision to see where the play will develop, etc, you will notice that everything is very linear and uninspiring. He has high-level line-mates who execute. If you can compare skill-levels with that of say, Lidstrom, Getzlaf, Thorton, Crosby, Savard (poor kid), Datsyuk, Benn, Oshie, (insert great ones like Forsberg, Wayne, Oates, so many I'd take over Martin!) you should notice that Martin's playing at AHL level still. Of course, you say, but those guys are the best of the best! Well, Martin has 2 Art Ross and is one of the NHL front-men, so you definitely must make these comparisons. And once you do, you realize how much of a bust he is.

Yzermann must be having seizures!
(sarcasm on) Martin was so good that he was the 4th line alternating wing for Team Canada...because Stamkos couldn't get back in. (sarcasm off) Yzerman is no fool. He didn't trade Martin for no reason. Stevey-Y is one of the greatest talents there ever was. He knows a fake when he sees it. Tyler Johnson...Nick Bonino of the Lightning. Give that kid a contract now before it's too late...so raw.
E.J. 10:11 PM 05-13-2014
Kane!!!! Didn't name my dog after that kid for no reason....(pun not intended)
mk05 10:56 PM 05-13-2014
Oh yea, and bye bye Bylsma. Who was it that thought it would be a good idea for him to coach Team USA? Too lazy to quote me calling Bylsma out before for his incompetency...Can't even win against a rag-tag outfit of NY Rangers with a stacked Penguins team...well, minus the goalie, I guess.
icehog3 12:06 AM 05-14-2014
Since the end of the Torts era the Rangers have become really fun to watch.
That whole 7 months? :-) :-)

Marc, think you're too hard on St. Louis....he's not Forsberg or Gretzky, but he is certainly no bust.
icehog3 12:09 AM 05-14-2014
Oh, yeah. Patrick Kane.

Crawford wasn't too shabby either.

Congrats to the Wild and their fans, they gave Chicago all they could handle, and will be right back in the mix next October.
nutcracker 06:34 AM 05-14-2014
I still like MSL - I thought he and Stamkos were synergisic - they sure as heck scored a lot of goals together.

Be that as it may (in one's best John Cleese voice).... we get to watch him through the conference finals, and the Tampa boys were swept in round one. (Just saying).

I do concede that King Hendrik is likely the source of most of the Rangers success.

Tonight we shall see if the goalies make the difference again. This time Price vs Rask. I think the outcome depends which Rask shows up....
:-)
mk05 09:02 AM 05-14-2014
I still like MSL - I thought he and Stamkos were synergisic - they sure as heck scored a lot of goals together.

Be that as it may (in one's best John Cleese voice).... we get to watch him through the conference finals, and the Tampa boys were swept in round one. (Just saying).
Hello, just to reiterate, I'm not sure if you got the entire post above. Tampa has been rebuilding their roster. Martin is just not a top-level player as people or the press perpetrate him to be. That is the point. No more, no less.

As for franchises, you should read up on the late Bill Davidson and his work with the Pistons and Lightning (very interesting). The present owner is Vinik from Fidelity fame (or infamy), and Red Sox ownership. He brought in Yzerman to rebuild the franchise, which tells me that he isn't an idiot. I guarantee you, they will be a contender by 2016. Just sucks that Lecavalier and Stamkos kept getting hurt and were not able to make it happen several years ago past the Bruins (the year where Roloson took Superman pills lol).

We can debate long-term talent and roster management along with cap implications and trade chips if you'd like, as that is what I like to talk about regarding sports.
E.J. 05:20 PM 05-14-2014
Habs start quick...
AdamJoshua 05:24 PM 05-14-2014
Maybe it's me, ok the D screwed up and didn't clear or stay with his man, but that pass was right through the crease, Rask was facing it directly on but he never moved, he didn't try to kick it away, hit it with this stick, grab it and cover it up, it went 30' straight and straight through the crease and he didn't even blink while it went past him then in a shot into the net. So it seems that's shitty.

Wow and the Bruins just got screwed on that call... Brad M. takes a stick to the neck and falls into the goalie and they call HIM for a penalty. typical. Wow bruin taken right down and no call again. Well I'm done :-) LOL
Porch Dweller 05:58 PM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Wow and the Bruins just got screwed on that call... Brad M. takes a stick to the neck and falls into the goalie and they call HIM for a penalty. typical. Wow bruin taken right down and no call again. Well I'm done :-) LOL
Yeah...you expect that when the Habs are at home, but not on the road.

On a separate note, the book on Carey Price is shoot high. I think that all series long the B's have taken that too literally and shot like two or three feet over the net...when they're not aiming for the crossbar, that is. Hey guys, "high" means "just above his shoulders!" :-)
AdamJoshua 06:36 PM 05-14-2014
I don't think I've seen the Bs look this bad in years, soft passes in skates, failing to clear over and over, losing pucks on their sticks, losing pucks in their skates, they are all over the place. Really disappointed in the team, sad response to a game 7 and a lot of that is with no one even around them, let alone when they are getting hit. On top of that Price is really on his game, he's focused on everything, not giving up 2nd chances, sliding the crease with ease and getting to everything.
Page 37 of 45
« First < 27353637 3839 > Last »
Up