Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 67
« First < 26343536 373846 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Mr.Maduro 06:56 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Interesting indeed.
Its nice to go back and dig up embarrising posts... :-)
Blueface 06:58 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Its nice to go back and dig up embarrising posts... :-)
Yeah, specially when you then photoshop them.:-)
Col. Kurtz 08:05 AM 01-26-2009
Mikey,

The one thing that does sadden me to some degree is if any mod there takes any of this or any of it personal. I could be wrong but sure seems some are taking it to heart when not intended at them. Just remember how many said they would be there until the end and how quickly the end came (meant to highlight mods, not just members). Just remember you are nothing but a tool for now. As another member said to me, I hope the mods are receiving ample boxes of cigars for what they do. I know for sure that is not an easy job to do. It is probably quite thankless at this juncture. Just keep in mind who it is you are doing it for and what they have represented thus far to date. It is that part people are lashing at, not you.

Exactly right!! Sorry to any mods that I ruffled in the past, really nothing personal, Just trying to get off the roles of that "other place". I felt like a commodity more that a member.

Then on Friday the arrogance of the big man made and appearance via Louie and that was it for me. Tried to get washed out, revoked whatever. It worked, and if anything was less than honorable, I'm sorry. I try to be better than that...
rizzle 08:37 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by No1der:
Yes, it does ring a bell and both statements are true. The first quote is reffering to how b&-hammer happy and all around paranoid the Admins were being on that site and that I was surprised that I wasn't banned for stating the obvious. Never Goatsed the place but if I was going to get banned it would have been worth it.

As my ban message clearly states "You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

So yeah, I don't know why I was banned. I didn't break any of the rules and I wasn't Goatseing the place. Just answering a question that someone asked that I understood to mean that they wanted to get banned. So I told them how to do it, didn't actually do anything myself.

See, both of my statements are 100% accurate.

Even puff can't give a reason for my ban so if they don't know why I was b& how am I supposed to know the reason?

Cheers,
Rob

I don't think you're trying to stir anything up. In fact, I'm one of the many that got emotional and frustrated but I didn't pull the trigger and spam the place with Goatse.

Simply stated my thoughts on the new site and that is in no way against any of the rules...

It's all good, I may just get behind 7 proxies and have a little fun with ol' puff. I mean if I'm going to do the time I should probably retroactively do the crime.

Probably won't though because I really don't care enough. I've just got a mean side but it very seldome takes controll and I've got better things to do with my time.

Cheers,
Rob
I would imagine you have much better things to do with your time.
Da Klugs 08:38 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Exactly right!! Sorry to any mods that I ruffled in the past, really nothing personal, Just trying to get off the roles of that "other place". I felt like a commodity more that a member.

Then on Friday the arrogance of the big man made and appearance via Louie and that was it for me. Tried to get washed out, revoked whatever. It worked, and if anything was less than honorable, I'm sorry. I try to be better than that...
Most of us (well me) are in the same camp. Pretty over the top over-reaction on my part seeing Louie skinned and then used to march around the bleak remnants of the Jungle.

It's over now, the jungle is gone and we all need to move on. CigarAsylum.com and Pvff.com remain out there as choices for anyone (well most of you) to participate in or not. Places like this are all about the people and the people that created my frame of reference for this addiction are here, so in my heart and head the home has been transferred with the soul we all have brought. I liken it to a team moving to a new stadium. What was the important part of the team and stadium combination to each of us?

I feel very thankful for the many friendships made there, the smooth transference and what everyone has continued to build here. Sorry for those who have had difficulties there or remain in difficult circumstances but it's a choice they make daily for personal reasons and consequences.

Look forward to a seperate existance from what that place has become, with diminished noise based upon there being fully what it is intended to be now. Our friends who have chosen to remain there are still our friends, they know where we are.

Who and what we are is better demonstrated in almost every other thread in this community.
poker 08:49 AM 01-26-2009
Skimmed over the last few pages and will admit it saddens me.

A couple notes to all just as a FYI:

1) If any personal threats that are ever made here at CA towards another member, they will be banned without hesitation. No warnings, with zero tolerance. Promise.

2) PM's here are just that. Private Messages. PM's here are not and will not be read by any of the admins. We also take this very seriously.

3) Cigar Asylum is just another board on the web. There are many. Folks seeking us will find us eventually. Folks will hang their hats where they feel most comfortable.

As both a member & admin here, I ask everyone to please try to hold to a higher standard and not intentionally or maliciously create problems for any other boards out there, no matter how subtle. Doing so will actually hurt us more than them.

I am just as sad as many you about what happened to Club Stogie as we knew it. As a former/current non-contributing member there, many of us including me had no voice in the business decision. We had no vote of approval. We all simply had to accept or not accept what CS would eventually become.

As a result, Cigar Asylum was born.

I will not speak for any of the other former mods, but as a former mod at CS for many many years, after the sale I was not happy how things were being done, how decisions were being made, and the future that was in store for me there.
Did I post malicious threads there indicating my displeasure? No, it wasnt required. I simply made my exit. No drama.

Im happy you all are here. The entire team of 11 is. All I am asking I guess is to let history run its course. For in the end, things will turn out exactly as they are supposed to anyways.

Kelly
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:07 AM 01-26-2009
:-) Well put Kelly
montecristo#2 09:30 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
I don't know if this has been said here, but it was on another forum. I just want to set the record straight.

The idea for Louie came from the mod team (CS members), not Jon. We thought it would be a good way for some of us to log on and keep the spirit alive. That way Louie would have several different personalities depending on who was logged in. I know the old mod team often had different usernames to spice up the jungle.

In the end, Jon stood up and took the blame when I thought we should have. That was his call.

Was is a good idea, I guess not. :-) Clearly it backfired and we have learned from the experience.

[edit] This is my 50th post, man I should really start posting more! :-)
poker 09:34 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
This is my 50th post, man I should really start posting more! :-)

Yep yep :-)
architeuthis 09:46 AM 01-26-2009
Actually this is the one thing about these recent changes which annoys me the most. I know it is vanity to a certain degree, but it's a minor bummer to start over at zero...
MedicCook 09:52 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by architeuthis:
Actually this is the one thing about these recent changes which annoys me the most. I know it is vanity to a certain degree, but it's a minor bummer to start over at zero...
That's part of life though. Everytime you start something new you always go back to 0. That is what makes your new adventure fun. Trying to get back to what you consider the top.
rizzle 10:02 AM 01-26-2009
I don't know if this has been said here, but it was on another forum. I just want to set the record straight.

The idea for Louie came from the mod team (CS members), not Jon. We thought it would be a good way for some of us to log on and keep the spirit alive. That way Louie would have several different personalities depending on who was logged in. I know the old mod team often had different usernames to spice up the jungle.

In the end, Jon stood up and took the blame when I thought we should have. That was his call.

Was is a good idea, I guess not. :-) Clearly it backfired and we have learned from the experience.

kumar?
Starscream 10:05 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
kumar?
:-):-)
poker 10:07 AM 01-26-2009
I hear ya. Try to think of it as a new beginning though.
Considering the Asylum was formed recently in Oct 2008 makes us all a part of the Asylums foundation of what we are to become.
architeuthis 10:13 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
kumar?
You mean Kumar from the WigWam Motel? (A real person on another cigar board) Or is this just a joke?
poker 10:15 AM 01-26-2009
You mean Kumar from the WigWam Motel? (A real person on another cigar board) Or is this just a joke?
he meant someone from a previous place: kumarusc
GKitty 10:24 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
I hear ya. Try to think of it as a new beginning though.
Considering the Asylum was formed recently in Oct 2008 makes us all a part of the Asylums foundation of what we are to become.
now that's a scary thought... a bunch of trigger happy mad bombers running around blasting each other indiscriminantly... oh what a world. :-)
rizzle 10:36 AM 01-26-2009

he meant someone from a previous place: kumarusc
Yes. kumarusc, landscaper extraordinaire.
:-)
icehog3 10:42 AM 01-26-2009
I had personally stayed away. Then, that bastage Admiral tempted me.:-)
Nice, Carlos...blame it on the douchebag. Everone always blames the douchebag.

:-) :-) :-)

Im happy you all are here. The entire team of 11 is. All I am asking I guess is to let history run its course. For in the end, things will turn out exactly as they are supposed to anyways.

Kelly
Great post, all of it, Kelly. :-)
newcigarz 11:02 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nice, Carlos...blame it on the douchebag. Everone always blames the douchebag.

:-) :-) :-)
Careful Tom, Patrick has him a little jumpy. :-)
Page 36 of 67
« First < 26343536 373846 > Last »
Up