« First < 26343536 37384686 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Don Fernando 03:31 PM 10-19-2009
I bought a nice fruit juice machine today, time to drink some vitamins
[Reply]
Starscream 04:53 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Have you tried it out yet? I've always thought about getting one. It looks like fun.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:17 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Ya. Linky?
I went to a place called "Pulp" while I was out in Ohio this weekend. They make healthy yogurt smoothies and wheatgrass and all sorts of feminine stuff like that. It was really good, I'm ashamed to say.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:18 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Ya. Linky?
Linky is in Dutch.

Andy, yes, I made some strawberry/mango/banana/apple juice the moment I came home. I made some banana/mango/apple/plum juice this morning.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:48 AM 10-20-2009
I'm officially down to 248. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 05:24 AM 10-20-2009
when you juice your fruit you're losing all the fiber and most of the water soluble vitamins. Much healthier to just eat the fruit whole. And because you're using more fruit when you juice than you would actually just eat, you're consuming way more sugar which will spike your insulin levels and could leave you feeling more groggy and hungry later. For the same reasons, juicing vegetables while still not as good as eating the vegetables themselves, is better for you than juicing fruit :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:27 AM 10-20-2009
187.6 this morning and I already had a cup of coffee.
2.6 pounds from my goal, 62.4 pounds lost. I backed my goal up to 175 or 180.
That's Andy's fault. :-)
That'll allow me room to gain muscle weight and land at 185, where I want to be.
Plus I'll be ripped, and I'll once more be able to crush cans on my forehead.
[Reply]
shilala 08:33 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
when you juice your fruit you're losing all the fiber and most of the water soluble vitamins. Much healthier to just eat the fruit whole. And because you're using more fruit when you juice than you would actually just eat, you're consuming way more sugar which will spike your insulin levels and could leave you feeling more groggy and hungry later. For the same reasons, juicing vegetables while still not as good as eating the vegetables themselves, is better for you than juicing fruit :-)
Myles, I read this about five times.
If the juicer isn't an extractor, it isn't removing anything. If Ferdinand is throwing in the same amount of fruit he'd normally consume in a sitting, the only thing that could make it better is to add a carrot and a handful of spinach.
That'd decrease the sugars by volume (which, contrary to popular belief, are not bad for you) and increase beta carotene and vitamin K, which is also great.
I couldn't see Ferdie's juicer from the link because it required a post code, but a juicer by definition does not extract pulp or fiber. It's a juicer.
I'd just use my food processor, personally, because I have one. :-)
I seldom eat fruit unless my daughter makes me, though.
I suppose I eat a lot more than I did a year ago, but it still isn't much.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:14 AM 10-20-2009
That's Andy's fault. :-)
That'll allow me room to gain muscle weight and land at 185, where I want to be..
It's always my fault.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:38 AM 10-20-2009
Myles, I read this about five times.
If the juicer isn't an extractor, it isn't removing anything. If Ferdinand is throwing in the same amount of fruit he'd normally consume in a sitting, the only thing that could make it better is to add a carrot and a handful of spinach.
That'd decrease the sugars by volume (which, contrary to popular belief, are not bad for you) and increase beta carotene and vitamin K, which is also great.
I couldn't see Ferdie's juicer from the link because it required a post code, but a juicer by definition does not extract pulp or fiber. It's a juicer.
I'd just use my food processor, personally, because I have one. :-)
I seldom eat fruit unless my daughter makes me, though.
I suppose I eat a lot more than I did a year ago, but it still isn't much.
I think the answer to this question lies in what type of juicer is used. Some just squeeze out the juice, while others use the skin, pulp, and all to make juice.
[Reply]
shilala 09:48 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I think the answer to this question lies in what type of juicer is used. Some just squeeze out the juice, while others use the skin, pulp, and all to make juice.
I think you're right. That's what I was trying to say. :-)
That's the difference between a juicer and an extractor. I use an extractor for making sketti sauce and jelly and so forth, and it pulls out all the skin and seeds and stuff.
I make smoothies in my food processor and don't lose anything.
I couldn't see a pic of Ferdie's juicer, I wanted to see what it does.
Regardless, I'm still not gonna eat banana peels and strawberry stems.
It's out of the question. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:14 AM 10-20-2009
Regardless, I'm still not gonna eat banana peels and strawberry stems.
It's out of the question. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:42 AM 10-20-2009
This one squeezes the juice out. But the problem is, I have to eat fruit but I nearly ever do. I do like to drink fruit juice though, so my nutrician said I could replace 2 pieces of fruit a day for 2 glasses of fruitjuice a day.
[Reply]
Nick 10:47 AM 10-20-2009
I'm jumping on this late but oh well. I've lost about 40 pounds from my heaviest while still gaining muscle and strength. The hardest part of losing weight is retaining and actually gaining that muscle while burning the fat.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:48 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
The hardest part of losing weight is retaining and actually gaining that muscle while burning the fat.
That's the trick. Gaining muscle and burning fat has to be done precisely.
[Reply]
goalie204 12:33 PM 10-20-2009
I'd rather just eat the fruit, imo - cheaper too :P
[Reply]
Shaerza 01:01 PM 10-20-2009
Good to see you guys are all keeping up with this, and encouraging others to join in! :-) Keep up the good losses.

I am still managing to hang pretty steady. Have to check myself every now and then when I stop paying attention to what im eating.
[Reply]
shilala 01:40 PM 10-20-2009
I'm in the same boat as Ferdie. I should eat it, but I never do.
I like peanut M&M's a lot better than fruit. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:26 PM 10-20-2009
Cheap is always good.:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 02:49 PM 10-20-2009
I'm in the same boat as Ferdie. I should eat it, but I never do.
I like peanut M&M's a lot better than fruit. :-)
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread :-)
[Reply]
Page 36 of 129
« First < 26343536 37384686 > Last »
Up