Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 26343536 3738 >
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
icehog3 01:25 PM 10-23-2012
The Tigers just heard you are rooting for them, Andy, and they were pretty happy. :-)

Starscream 02:30 PM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Tigers just heard you are rooting for them, Andy, and they were pretty happy. :-)

They might think otherwise when they find out what happens to the teams I usually root for.:-)
icehog3 02:56 PM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
They might think otherwise when they find out what happens to the teams I usually root for.:-)
Those Bastids!!
357 11:01 AM 10-24-2012
Lets go Tigers!!!!

Hope JV pitches another CG gem FTW. :-)
icehog3 12:35 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by 357:
Lets go Tigers!!!!

Hope JV pitches another CG gem FTW. :-)
:-)
Brian D. 01:47 PM 10-24-2012
Ozzie Guillen fired from Miami Marlins...

Was there an obscenity laced tirade from Oz afterwards? I can't seem to find one on the interwebz. He doesn't seem like the type to quietly clean out his desk and leave the jobsite when pinkslipped.
357 02:33 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:

Was there an obscenity laced tirade from Oz afterwards? I can't seem to find one on the interwebz. He doesn't seem like the type to quietly clean out his desk and leave the jobsite when pinkslipped.
They'll be paying him to do nothing for the next 3 years.
Dave128 02:34 PM 10-24-2012
Tigers!!
Ahbroody 03:02 PM 10-24-2012
Having played ball through High School superstitions get the best of me.
I think some of the bay area boys need to get over here and break up this Detroit bromance. I will be working tonight but listening in the car at work.

Got Heeeeeeeeeeeeeem!!
icehog3 04:54 PM 10-24-2012
They'll be paying him to do nothing for the next 3 years.
After his glowing praise of Fidel Castro, it was inevitable he would be gone.

If he got hired by the Yankess, he would praise Adolph Hitler as a leader. He can't help himself.

GO TIGERS!!
Ahbroody 10:11 PM 10-24-2012

Got heeeeeeeeem!

Funny all day national media had this victory penciled in for Tigers.
Giants stronger pitches don't pitch till games 3 & 4. This will likely be a long series. Worried as Giants tend to play better when backs against the wall. Hope they don't get ahead of themselves.
Starscream 10:41 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:

Like Bobby V, Ozzy will be fine and will continue his career in baseball for many years to come, whether it be as a manager or whatnot. He just needs the right team and the right players and he'll be fine.
Starscream 10:43 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:

Got heeeeeeeeem!

Funny all day national media had this victory penciled in for Tigers.
Giants stronger pitches don't pitch till games 3 & 4. This will likely be a long series. Worried as Giants tend to play better when backs against the wall. Hope they don't get ahead of themselves.
ESPN maybe, but the MLB network has shown footage for the past few days of Verlander getting lit up by Giants hitters in the All-Star game. I think they knew what was up. Tigers are still very much alive, just need to get their offense going like business as usual.
bobarian 12:22 AM 10-25-2012
I thought Joe Buck was going to have a coronary when McCarver said the last time Giants fans chanted "Barry, Barry" it was for Barry Manilow. What a maroon! :-)
big pete 12:38 AM 10-25-2012
Detroit doesn't want to see this guy again

icehog3 12:40 AM 10-25-2012
Giants outhit, outpitched and outfielded the Tigers.

One blown, four to go. Go Tigers!!
kelmac07 06:56 AM 10-25-2012
WOW!! Giants put it on the Tigers last night.
icehog3 08:53 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
WOW!! Giants put it on the Tigers last night.
Did they? I hadn't heard.

:-)
357 11:00 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
ESPN maybe, but the MLB network has shown footage for the past few days of Verlander getting lit up by Giants hitters in the All-Star game. I think they knew what was up. Tigers are still very much alive, just need to get their offense going like business as usual.
That was JV not taking the AS game seriously. It was fairly obvious and he admitted as much later. He was tying to put on a show and throw 200 mph.

The thing that was back breaking was Kung-Fu Panda, who had 12 HR all season, hitting 3 bombs and totalling 5 RBIs I believe all in game 1. The Papa Grande recovery experiment is over. At least we'll never see him take the mound again with a Tigers uni again.

Tig's better get game 2.
Starscream 07:50 PM 10-25-2012
That was JV not taking the AS game seriously. It was fairly obvious and he admitted as much later. He was tying to put on a show and throw 200 mph.

The thing that was back breaking was Kung-Fu Panda, who had 12 HR all season, hitting 3 bombs and totalling 5 RBIs I believe all in game 1. The Papa Grande recovery experiment is over. At least we'll never see him take the mound again with a Tigers uni again.

Tig's better get game 2.
Not a knock on Verlander at all here, but not sure I buy his excuse after the AS game.
As for Sandoval, that's just the nature of the postseason.

With all that said, Go Tigers!
Page 36 of 38
« First < 26343536 3738 >
Up