Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 138
« First < 26343536 37384686136 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 03:42 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Its funny our local guys are not that bad on the radio. They often call players out. Point out errors and will often comment if a player got away with something. I prefer that. I am just not a fan of the rah rah guys.
Hawks radio guys are pretty much the same, although the color guy (Troy Murray) will get indignant from time to time if there is an obvious bad call against the Hawks.
mikethegoalie32 09:30 AM 12-09-2010
In ottawa we need announcers at the actual game broadcasted over arena speakers, otherwise there is no noise at the games!
icehog3 09:55 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by mikethegoalie32:
In ottawa we need announcers at the actual game broadcasted over arena speakers, otherwise there is no noise at the games!
You guys need a goalie, Elliott ain't cutting it. And get Spezza some goals, he is on one of my fantasy teams! :-)
icehog3 10:08 AM 12-09-2010
The "code", a little respect. :-)

Ott slips, and Dowell waits for him to get up. Respect.

At the end, Ott gives Dowell a big pat on the helmet. Respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3b2FbdGIPE
kugie 05:09 AM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The "code", a little respect. :-)

Ott slips, and Dowell waits for him to get up. Respect.

At the end, Ott gives Dowell a big pat on the helmet. Respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3b2FbdGIPE
Good to see some class in a fight.:-)
mikethegoalie32 09:38 AM 12-10-2010
Not enough of that, in the old days after every solid fight there would be a props or something, class has left hockey and it sucks, so its nice to see this every now and then.

Elliott I cannot stand, ever, I am no a sens fan but know two things 1) Murray has to go, 2) Clousten needs to stay.
Prefy 01:48 PM 12-10-2010
Not enough of that, in the old days after every solid fight there would be a props or something, class has left hockey and it sucks, so its nice to see this every now and then.
I don't think it's safe to say the class has left hockey as 95% of the guys playing are classy, it's the 5% that paint a bad picture for everyone.

Not NHL but all three of the IceHogs 19 year olds have been summoned to their countries World Junior Selection camp. Brandon Pirri will be headed up to Toronto this weekend to join Team Canada and Nick Leddy and Jeremy Morin (Unless the Hawks keep him) will report to the US camp next week.

I had about a 15 minute conversation with Pirri the other day about representing Canada and how cool it is. I wrote about it over at my BLOG. I also talked to Morin about scoring his first NHL goal at the UC.
mikethegoalie32 01:56 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
I don't think it's safe to say the class has left hockey as 95% of the guys playing are classy, it's the 5% that paint a bad picture for everyone.

Not NHL but all three of the IceHogs 19 year olds have been summoned to their countries World Junior Selection camp. Brandon Pirri will be headed up to Toronto this weekend to join Team Canada and Nick Leddy and Jeremy Morin (Unless the Hawks keep him) will report to the US camp next week.

I had about a 15 minute conversation with Pirri the other day about representing Canada and how cool it is. I wrote about it over at my BLOG. I also talked to Morin about scoring his first NHL goal at the UC.
Fantastic! Always makes hockey that more fun to watch when you got a connection. A friend of mines daughters play for Syracuse and one is in good standing with the ladies national canadian team.

And fair enough, but you do see a lot more people scrapping and showing off after the scrap rather than a direct skate to the box. Showing up someone else is becoming more and more common.
icehog3 03:00 PM 12-10-2010
I would hate to deny Morin the chance to play again in the World Juniors, but if both Hossa and Kane remain on the injured list, I don't know if the Hawks can afford to let him go. :-)
Prefy 03:40 PM 12-10-2010
Fantastic! Always makes hockey that more fun to watch when you got a connection. A friend of mines daughters play for Syracuse and one is in good standing with the ladies national canadian team.
It's pretty cool when you work with the guys and get to know them, especially when their are big events in their careers.

Rob Klinkhammer was all smiles in the locker room when he heard the news that he got the call up the Hawks.

I would hate to deny Morin the chance to play again in the World Juniors, but if both Hossa and Kane remain on the injured list, I don't know if the Hawks can afford to let him go. :-)
Forsure it's tough for Moe too, he'd love to play for his country but also wants to play in the NHL. With Hossa and Kane out it's a great opportunity for him to show what he has.
icehog3 03:48 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
It's pretty cool when you work with the guys and get to know them, especially when their are big events in their careers.

Rob Klinkhammer was all smiles in the locker room when he heard the news that he got the call up the Hawks.

Forsure it's tough for Moe too, he'd love to play for his country but also wants to play in the NHL. With Hossa and Kane out it's a great opportunity for him to show what he has.
So far I really like what I see of Morin with the big club, Matt, think he is going to be a star.

Klink (Eddie O is calling him "The Colonel", LOL) apparently was picking up his parents at the airport the day he was called up.....nice suprise for them too, getting to see his first NHL game. He didn't look out of place, maybe a bit tenative, but I was happy for them both...his first game, JM's first goal.
Prefy 03:57 PM 12-10-2010
So far I really like what I see of Morin with the big club, Matt, think he is going to be a star.

Klink (Eddie O is calling him "The Colonel", LOL) apparently was picking up his parents at the airport the day he was called up.....nice suprise for them too, getting to see his first NHL game. He didn't look out of place, maybe a bit tenative, but I was happy for them both...his first game, JM's first goal.

I agree on the Morin assessment, can put the puck in the net but isn't afraid to get dirty.

Klink has likely been one of the most consistent players with the IceHogs (When he has been healthy) so far this season. He's a hard worker that gives it 110% every night. Great to see an undrafted guy get a shot in the bigs.
mikethegoalie32 06:29 PM 12-10-2010
Love those stories, the undrafted work your ass off player
icehog3 07:00 PM 12-10-2010
Check this out. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vG3ZTxQ68
Prefy 07:20 PM 12-10-2010
Check this out. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vG3ZTxQ68
That is just cheeky :-)

Another good one from a young kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-_EMso6Q0
Ahbroody 02:23 AM 12-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsngTNeGTg

Roller guy but Itan Chivara has some of the sickest moves you will ever see. He has played some ice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLOR...eature=related
212 of this video he pulls a hansey and it starts a fight. If you watch his vids those he has some sick skills. A lot of roller dudes can dangl like crazy.
icehog3 09:06 AM 12-11-2010
Good luck tonight, Mike.

Well, not really....but I do like you. :-)
Ahbroody 11:08 AM 12-11-2010
My Saturday night will be spent at work.
My day is already complete micah kept his goal streak alive for the 4th game converting a penalty shot. Kid tripped him from behind on a break away.

Oooh and good luck to you sir. I am hoping to watch some of it on my phone
icehog3 02:28 PM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
My Saturday night will be spent at work.
My day is already complete micah kept his goal streak alive for the 4th game converting a penalty shot. Kid tripped him from behind on a break away.

Oooh and good luck to you sir. I am hoping to watch some of it on my phone
Sorry you don't get to watch it, but a big congrats to Micah! :-)
icehog3 08:24 PM 12-11-2010
The West is winning almost all the East-West matchups today...not helping my Hawks pick up ground in the playoff hunt. :-)

Hopefully they can get 2 points in SJ tonight (sorry Mike). :-)
Page 36 of 138
« First < 26343536 37384686136 > Last »
Up