Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 60
« First < 26343536 373846 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
E.J. 01:28 PM 02-08-2012
High School State Tournament starts tonight.... Should be able to get a W and advance without question tonight....though nothing is written in stone, that is why they play the games.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 05:25 PM 02-08-2012
good luck. Got to post a few pictures of Micahs disaster in net. Ugly doesnt do it justice.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:02 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
good luck. Got to post a few pictures of Micahs disaster in net. Ugly doesnt do it justice.
Look forward to the pics, Mike.... Micah is a skater, having him with all that gear on, is like using a thoroughbred for a pack mule...
[Reply]
E.J. 11:06 PM 02-08-2012
Easy 6-2 victory that wasn't as close as the score.... Here are a couple photos that I liked....

Best part of the night, a player that had been out the entire season is back on the ice.... He is an AMAZING player and though there has been talk of him coming back, I didn't expect it. He played amazing....had 3-4 points and was our best player. He is going to be a difference maker....

This is the middle of a move that left the goalie on his backside...

[Reply]
Eleven 09:19 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:

Must be something about players that use 88 as their number!
[Reply]
E.J. 12:46 PM 02-13-2012
So the below post is from 01/12/12 -

Originally Posted by E.J.:
Varsity no longer undefeated.... Gave up 3 goals(1 EN) in the last 4:07 to lose by 2 to the 2 time defending state champs. Not their best effort. Both teams were undefeated and one had to lose.....still tough to take.
Second round of the playoffs tonight and we are playing this team again.... I am excited for the rematch. I am REALLY hoping to come report a victory on here around 11:00 PM.....:-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 02:34 PM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Must be something about players that use 88 as their number!
I prefer 8 but am leading towards 94 for ryan smyth.
[Reply]
E.J. 02:50 PM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I prefer 8 but am leading towards 94 for ryan smyth.
Go with 92....in a few years all the kids will be wearing it...:-)
[Reply]
Eleven 03:01 PM 02-13-2012
I'm doing all I can to get my kid to switch from 88 to 18 in honor of James Neal. I'm getting nowhere.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:53 PM 02-13-2012
4-2 good guys!!!!
[Reply]
E.J. 12:09 AM 02-14-2012
Went on the road and took a solid 4-2 win over a previously undefeated team.... FINE JOB TONIGHT, BOYS!

[Reply]
Eleven 07:39 PM 02-15-2012
I hate this time of year. People talking about leaving, joining other teams, so much is in play. Today was the worst, we all got an email from the Head Coach, he got a new job and is moving out of state.

His long time assistant (and former co-coach) is taking over the team but this throws so much up in air that it's impossible to tell what kind of team we'll end up with.

I normally allow my kid to choose what teams, if any he tries out for, but I think this year I'm gonna insist that he attends a couple others. There is only one other AAA team in our area, about the same drive we make now, and I hate the thought of having to jump to another team

I'm gonna try and keep positive and hope things work out, but I can't help but feel betrayed a little by the coach. All we have heard for 3 years was how important it is to keep the boys together and then he bails on the entire team with a 1 month notice.

Not sure what to think of this yet, we just found out a couple hours ago. One other dad said his kid acts like someone died, he's never had another coach.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:53 PM 02-15-2012
Sorry to hear, Scott.... Hope things fall into place and it all works out how you'd like.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:59 PM 02-16-2012
Shiz like this scares the crap out of me
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...h.html?cmp=rss
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:08 PM 02-16-2012
Scott it happens I am already seeing it.
Hell we are not coming back to the team hes on now. Couple of the kids have crap/ dangerous on ice behavior. They switched the coach on us mid year and I dont like his style at all. Worse the coaches kid is a huge dbag and the coach just looks away when his kid is punching or pushing at a teamate. Micah no longer wants to even attend practices do to the chaos. With 4 weeks to go and no more scheduled games for us we allowed him to decide. He said he just wants to play inhouse for the rest of the year and skip the clubs final 4 weeks. When the youngest kid on the team is trying to break things up there is a serious problem.

We are friends with the three people who will be coaching the premier team in yhe area next year so we will play there or just play inhouse next year. The coach really is the most important factor on chosing a team it appears
[Reply]
Ahbroody 06:21 PM 02-16-2012
http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/02/...e-concussions/
[Reply]
E.J. 10:35 PM 02-17-2012
Well, I haven't even pulled the pics off the camera...but OUCH. Playing as a sacrificial lamb in the Great Western Showcase as a U16 team(dumped all the older kids off the HS Select team and picked up some fill ins). Practiced once(LM couldn't be there due to HS Playoffs) and took a BEATING game one. I am not lying when I say I think we had 3 shots on goal. Have not taken a beating like that for a LONG time.

All that said, I thought the LM was the best D man on his team and quite possibly the standout of their team, though that is difficult to determine with the puck constantly in our own zone. He was physical and active. He wasn't perfect, sent a puck into the middle that was picked off and sent top corner....:-)

Tomorrow we get to do it again.... We'll see what Wyoming or Montana have to offer....
[Reply]
E.J. 08:04 AM 02-19-2012
Yesterday was better, but we still lost. Today they finish pool play at 9:00 AM and then into the elimination round(which should be one game:-)).

It is ice time....but this team, as constructed, isn't going to scare anyone.

Can see the LM is getting frustrated.... Really good first game, worse yesterday. Lack of focus, other than letting anyone close to him, know he is there.... I am hoping that a good nights rest will get him straight.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:53 PM 02-19-2012
Massacre....

[Reply]
E.J. 04:35 PM 02-22-2012
Round 3 of the playoffs tonight. Playing a one loss team that is really good. We beat them in the preseason, but that doesn't mean a lot now. Did not play in the regular season.

The Little One had her first individual power skating lesson yesterday. Amazing what can be done in 30 minutes. Going to do these weekly for 10 weeks or the Little One decides she doesn't want to go, then reevaluate.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 60
« First < 26343536 373846 > Last »
Up