Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 99
« First < 26343536 37384686 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
wayner123 01:11 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Anyone have a reliable watch winder? If so, where did you get it? I need to get one for my Tag but I am not sure about the quality of the ones on amazon or ebay but dont want to shell out 300 bucks for one in a store.

If you really need one, then don't skimp on the cost for a nice one. The cheaper ones on the bay will work, but are usually loud, and do fail from time to time.

May I ask why you "need" one?
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:10 PM 12-14-2010
Anyone have a reliable watch winder? If so, where did you get it? I need to get one for my Tag but I am not sure about the quality of the ones on amazon or ebay but dont want to shell out 300 bucks for one in a store.
The one i posted a couple days ago that i just got is working fantastically, retails for about 425.00 but can be had for around 200.00. No bad for something that winds 3 and holds 18 more.

if you want a single I cannot help you. I say hit watchuseek.com and research. theres tons of info on there regarding winders! I heard people liked the Swiss legend ones and that they were super cheap. also, jomashop.com house-brand winder is decent too from what a coupel people have told me,.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:21 PM 12-14-2010
I'm interested in buying a vintage watch, probably gold, any of you guys have any experience with here:

http://www.darlor-watch.com/index.html

or any tips on where to go to not get ripped off?

Thanks you kind sirs.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:05 PM 12-14-2010
Anyone have a reliable watch winder?
Oribita is the "standard" brand in watch winders. They are available all over the internet.
[Reply]
larryinlc 06:29 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I'm interested in buying a vintage watch, probably gold, any of you guys have any experience with here:

http://www.darlor-watch.com/index.html

or any tips on where to go to not get ripped off?

Thanks you kind sirs.
I've been a long time member of the NAWCC. Recently, they've opened a buy/sell mart for members and the general public. You could post your wants there and have the security of the NAWCC.

http://4sale.nawcc.org/

I can also highly recommend larjones.com and watchcat.com

Finally, you can pm me with your wants. I have many friends in the business/hobby that can get anything you want and you will not be ripped off.

Larry
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:37 PM 12-14-2010
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by larryinlc:
I've been a long time member of the NAWCC. Recently, they've opened a buy/sell mart for members and the general public. You could post your wants there and have the security of the NAWCC.

http://4sale.nawcc.org/

I can also highly recommend larjones.com and watchcat.com

Finally, you can pm me with your wants. I have many friends in the business/hobby that can get anything you want and you will not be ripped off.

Larry

[Reply]
hammondc 06:37 AM 12-21-2010
Does anyone know how much retailers discount Omegas? I know Tag Heuers are discounted 15% or so off the sticker at a lot of retailers. I may be looking for a Planet Ocean next year.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:21 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Does anyone know how much retailers discount Omegas? I know Tag Heuers are discounted 15% or so off the sticker at a lot of retailers. I may be looking for a Planet Ocean next year.
If you look hard enough and can make a decision immediately, I think you could get 30-40% off. Look towards Singapore retailers and LNIB with a just stamped warranty.
[Reply]
eber 09:21 AM 12-21-2010
I think I got an instant ~17% off my SMP Chronograph. You might be able to get a bigger discount somewhere else but remember that you will not get any Omega warranty unless you buy from an authorized retailer.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 12:40 PM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Oribita is the "standard" brand in watch winders. They are available all over the internet.
thanks guys for the input
[Reply]
hammondc 04:54 PM 12-21-2010
thanks guys. I went into Tourneau today and received zero help in an empty store. Bunch of jackasses in there. I suppose I will cross them off my list of potential dealers.
[Reply]
Knip23 05:09 PM 12-21-2010
Just got a the Citizen (eco-drive) I like it.

Knip
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:11 PM 12-21-2010
thanks guys. I went into Tourneau today and received zero help in an empty store. Bunch of jackasses in there. I suppose I will cross them off my list of potential dealers.
You'll pay top dollar too. Best place to buy a watch is from an respected online dealer. It does not matter where they are located, but the best deals are in Malaysia or Signapore. As long as you know the reference number of the watch, you can post a "watch wanted" ad on a watch forum.

There are many US based grey market and LNIB watch dealers online. Virtually all of them provide a stamped manufacturer warranty or are at least clear in their postings.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:11 AM 12-22-2010
So...if I get as US based grey market watch from a singapore dealer--will factory warranty still be honored? What about if it just needs periodic service.

How can I tell if the dealer is legit? I am new to this (if you cannot tell)
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:23 AM 12-22-2010
Posted this in another thread but there seems to be alot more traffic here soooo......

I have a Citizen Eco Drive Titanium that has stopped working. What to do? Do I send it in to Citizen? I don't think I have had it for 5 years but maybe I have. I also don't think that I have thre warranty paperwork.

How much are they gonna charge? Maybe I just chuck it :-)

[Reply]
hammondc 08:31 AM 12-22-2010
I would try their FAQs before doing anything.

It may just need recharging / resetting
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:52 AM 12-22-2010
Thanks Chip!!

I am trying that but since i pretty much wear it 24/7 I would've thought it'd been good. Either way I will try that as it's the cheapest fix :-) and it says that "under normal conditions, your eco-drive watch will never need a battery" or something to that effect.

I know it's Eco drive but there must be some sort of battery for electric storage (capacitor possibly?) during no light situations.
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:05 PM 12-22-2010

Normally you can get 15-20% off depending on where you go. some give 22-23% off.

The best B&M place to get a discount will be a mom & pop jeweler.... of course, they'd have to have the watch you want obviously. A woman tried to sell me a Maurice Lacroix I had my eye on for 40% off which was about 200.00 lower than you can get one for on the cheapest place on the web.
[Reply]
Knip23 12:52 PM 12-25-2010
Chistmas gift from my son. I like it. Anyone else get a watch for christmas?
Merry Christmas everyone.

Knip.
Attached: IMG_20101225_112731.jpg (97.2 KB) IMG_20101225_112737.jpg (88.2 KB) 
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:35 AM 12-26-2010
Originally Posted by Knip23:
Chistmas gift from my son. I like it. Anyone else get a watch for christmas?
Merry Christmas everyone.

Knip.
What brand watch is that? The glare make it hard to see all the detail. Nice of your son to buy such a gift for his dad!
[Reply]
Page 36 of 99
« First < 26343536 37384686 > Last »
Up