Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 350
« First < 26343536 37384686136 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 09:37 AM 12-27-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
You could always perform another form of cardio to take a little stress of your legs. Elliptical machine or a bike. If you decide to switch it up, just keep your heart rate the same and time.
Yeah I could but it's ok..I do need new sneakers for the marathon anyhow. Sometimes the shin splints are from too much too soon.:-)
Mugen910 07:42 PM 12-28-2008
75 Min Jog on the treadmill tonite...Lucky the gym has TV's on each cardio machine. I also noticed I'm getting stronger...The other night when I was working on shoulders I kept having to go up lbs to get the "OK this is heavy enough" feeling. :-)
The Professor 07:59 AM 12-29-2008
back in the gym for upper body today -- lats, chest, and triceps, mostly. a basic push-pull kind of day with lots of different rows, basic bench, and a couple of tricep thingies before my body just gave up and told me to quit. all in all, I was pretty satisfied with the day. my bench is getting better and my shoulder is feeling better.

regarding my shoulder, I think I may have tweaked my rotator cuff a little; but I really think I've got something a little outta whack in my upper back that an aggressive chiropractor could address. if only I still lived in GA -- my old witch doctor there was awesome at this sort of thing.

tomorrow will be lower body with traps thrown in. gym's only open two days this week; but I can get back on a sort of schedule next week ... well ... mid month (I have more traveling for interviews).
Mugen910 08:13 AM 12-29-2008
My shins, calves, ankles, and knees are sore! Tonight is just weights.

Dokk best of luck on the interviews.
BigFrank 03:42 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
75 Min Jog on the treadmill tonite...Lucky the gym has TV's on each cardio machine. I also noticed I'm getting stronger...The other night when I was working on shoulders I kept having to go up lbs to get the "OK this is heavy enough" feeling. :-)
Good sign! Glad everything is working out for ya. If you feel you are getting a little sore, dont be afraid to step down the running then step it back up. Going 100% all the time is an easy way to end up with some issues.
Originally Posted by The Professor:
back in the gym for upper body today -- lats, chest, and triceps, mostly. a basic push-pull kind of day with lots of different rows, basic bench, and a couple of tricep thingies before my body just gave up and told me to quit. all in all, I was pretty satisfied with the day. my bench is getting better and my shoulder is feeling better.

regarding my shoulder, I think I may have tweaked my rotator cuff a little; but I really think I've got something a little outta whack in my upper back that an aggressive chiropractor could address. if only I still lived in GA -- my old witch doctor there was awesome at this sort of thing.

tomorrow will be lower body with traps thrown in. gym's only open two days this week; but I can get back on a sort of schedule next week ... well ... mid month (I have more traveling for interviews).
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Proff. Ya man, I feel ya on the stupid gym hours. I was thinking about getting my own gym when I purchase my home. Toss it in the basement or out in a garage, but I am definitely debating dropping another 10grand on the home loan to build a nice ass gym.

Anyways tonights workout.
Bench 365x3 - 385x3 -405x4(pr) 5 was possible but no spot as usual.
Incline DB
Kaz Curls
V bar pressdowns
Abs

Totally sandbagged my triceps tonight. After incline work my right shoulder had this weird ass pain in it. Felt very odd. used light weight went high rep nothing over the edge. I dont know if it was from not doing incline DB in a long time or what. Think im going to ice it down a little to be safe.
Genetic Defect 03:43 PM 12-29-2008
Good sign! Glad everything is working out for ya. If you feel you are getting a little sore, dont be afraid to step down the running then step it back up. Going 100% all the time is an easy way to end up with some issues.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Proff. Ya man, I feel ya on the stupid gym hours. I was thinking about getting my own gym when I purchase my home. Toss it in the basement or out in a garage, but I am definitely debating dropping another 10grand on the home loan to build a nice ass gym.
about ten years ago all you needed was 10,000 to franchise Gold's
Mugen910 04:03 PM 12-29-2008
starting to realize I go to the gym more often than 3x a week so I gotta change the routine a bit. :-)

10k Really Perry?
Genetic Defect 04:04 PM 12-29-2008
starting to realize I go to the gym more often than 3x a week so I gotta change the routine a bit. :-)

10k Really Perry?
that was ten years ago, had all the info plans etc. Not sure what it is now plus you had to have a minimum size, can't remember the dimensions.
BigFrank 05:29 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
about ten years ago all you needed was 10,000 to franchise Gold's
I'm sure its a lot more, but still damn...But then again, Gold's has changed a ton in ten years. Too commercial now.

10k Really Perry?
Ir you're making gains and feeling good stick with what is working. Never change if you are making gains.
Mugen910 09:18 PM 12-29-2008

Ir you're making gains and feeling good stick with what is working. Never change if you are making gains.
yeah there are gains but i have time for 4 day a week workouts. I would like to thank for the help BigFrank
Posted via Mobile Device
The Professor 09:31 AM 12-30-2008
I can barely walk. Legs and lower back today. Worked up to 315 on deads and did it for 3 sets of 5. Worked up to 185 x 10 for 2 sets on stiff-legged deads. Finished off with leg press: 6pie x 10, 8p x 10, 10p x 10, 10p x 10, 12p x 3(failure).

My legs are wobbly. The stairs out of the gym sucked a$$.

And now the gym is closed until next monday. :-)
BigFrank 01:37 PM 12-30-2008
yeah there are gains but i have time for 4 day a week workouts. I would like to thank for the help BigFrank
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey no problem at all. 4 Days a week is fine. Like I said just listen to how your body feels. If you start feeling run down or tired or having trouble recovering tone it down a little.

I can barely walk. Legs and lower back today. Worked up to 315 on deads and did it for 3 sets of 5. Worked up to 185 x 10 for 2 sets on stiff-legged deads. Finished off with leg press: 6pie x 10, 8p x 10, 10p x 10, 10p x 10, 12p x 3(failure).

My legs are wobbly. The stairs out of the gym sucked a$$.

And now the gym is closed until next monday. :-)
You know you love the pain Proff hahahaha!
The Professor 01:51 PM 12-30-2008
You know you love the pain Proff hahahaha!
Of course I do. :-)
BigFrank 04:15 PM 12-30-2008
Of course I do. :-)
Good was starting to think you went soft on us...:-)

Tonights workout.
Deadlifts 475x3 - 500x3 - 525x5
Good Mornings
Pull Ups
Rows
Hammer Curls
Grip and Neck work
Shrugs.

Hit my lifts well tonight, the 5th rep on 525 felt easy as ****. I dont know why I didnt attempt a 6th. Oh well. Blew through the first part of my workout. Last bunch of crap took awhile to get done. Second half of my workout turned into a total bullshit / make fun of people ordeal.
Mugen910 10:17 PM 12-30-2008
Legs and Calves tonite...I didn't realize it but I was suppose to do Back and Calves. :-) Oh well I'll just do something else tomorrow..hopefully the weather in VA will be nice enough to jog outside or the hotel will have a gym :-)
DavenportESQ 12:00 PM 12-31-2008
Heres a nice reference for some of you that might be curious to max's. Its been very accurate for me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/1rm.htm
Sanitariumite 05:18 PM 12-31-2008
Hola boys, it's been a while. I've been so busy trying to figure out what I'm going to do between trying to finish my degree, join the Marines (I'm going to enlist as soon as the tattoo's removed, and I'll finish my degree later to pursue a commission after a few years), and work enough hours to make my car payments, etc. It's all figured out now, and I'm still keeping up in the gym. I was finally able to get to a gym with a bench rack last week, and I hit a 1rm at 215lbs on the bench press. When I started lifting to get in shape roughly 7 months ago, my max was 125, so it's nice to feel a little improvement. I'm down to 233lbs from the 290 that I started at, and so it's nice to feel some progress at the waist-line as well. My bodybuilding.com order of 10lbs of ON Whey, and my Animal Paks are supposed to get here today, and I've also got Optimum's new N.O. Vassive supplement coming, so I'll be able to post back with some results on that one vs. NO Xplode and White Flood. Tomorrow's leg day, and it will be my first day on the N.O. Vassive, so you'll be hearing from me in not too long.
BigFrank 07:39 PM 12-31-2008
Glad to hear all is well Sanitariumite. Keep up the good work!

Happy New year to all the workout crew.
icehog3 08:03 PM 12-31-2008
Happy New year to all the workout crew.
Happy New Year to you Frank, and all the workout crew! :-):-):-)
Mugen910 08:42 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Happy New Year to you Frank, and all the workout crew! :-):-):-)
happy new year to my gym rats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Page 36 of 350
« First < 26343536 37384686136 > Last »
Up