Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 356 of 359
« First < 256306346354355356 357358 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase II!
Pseudosacred 07:06 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
FINALLY grabbed myself one of these guys. Will probably smoke it tomorrow.

Was meeting a buddy to finish a school project and while I was waiting on him I happen to notice a "Smoke Inn" next door (West Palm Beach) so I browsed around and came out with one of the Robustos.
The Robustos are my second favorite shape of the Undercrown, right after the Gran Toro :-)
MrClean 07:07 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by tengel78:
I picked all of these up at Cigar & Tabac in Overland Park. It's at about
103rd and Metcalf. I don't think I've seen any of the Viaje's at Outlaw.
Looks like I'm making a trip to Cigar & Tabac this week. Thanks for the info brother!
Hem 07:46 PM 02-28-2012
Wow great pickups guys! Love those Viaje and Ligas!
RevSmoke 07:46 PM 02-28-2012
Don't normally post pics here, but...

These are enroute...

Kristoff Maduro Coronas

Cruzado Avalitos

This is my, ummm, ahhh, Lenten penance. Yeah, that's it!
tengel78 08:04 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
They are delicious!! :-) :-) :-)
Thanks Mac! I will have to grab a few the next time I'm out.
thecatch83 08:05 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Don't normally post pics here, but...

These are enroute...

Kristoff Maduro Coronas

Cruzado Avalitos

This is my, ummm, ahhh, Lenten penance. Yeah, that's it!
I just smoked a Cruzado Marios last weekend that was in my cooler for about three months and I could barely make it through the first half. Way too green and one dimensional and would have easily taken me three hours to finish. These need some serious down time IMO.....Although i'm a huge fan of Illusione and their notorious power/spice, these were a bit of a disapointment!
qsalinas 08:03 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Sweet grabs Mac and Tyler!
+1
Stephen 08:29 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Which store Tyler? I hope the Viaje are still around Friday, I'm heading to Outlaw around 11:00. All those sticks have me :-)
I need to try and sneak down there in the next couple of weeks. I'm running low on 13's and TAA PAM's (if they even have any left).
Originally Posted by tengel78:
I don't think I've seen any of the Viaje's at Outlaw.
Unless something has recently changed, you won't. According to them, they stopped carrying Viaje's because they weren't selling (or selling fast enough to justify taking up shelf/counter space anyways).
RevSmoke 09:32 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
I just smoked a Cruzado Marios last weekend that was in my cooler for about three months and I could barely make it through the first half. Way too green and one dimensional and would have easily taken me three hours to finish. These need some serious down time IMO.....Although i'm a huge fan of Illusione and their notorious power/spice, these were a bit of a disapointment!
Here is what I wrote as a review of these back in January of 2010.
Cruzado Avalitos
4X46
By Illusione
Aesthetics/Pre-light construction: This is a good looking stick, short and stubby with a triple cap that’s pig-tailed. Nice job. The Criollo wrapper on this bad boy was dark and showed a slight oily sheen, with a few veins, but very attractive. I like the fact that this short roubusto is hefty in the hand and very firm for foot to cap.

Post-light Construction/Burn Characteristics: This has a perfect draw, just a hint of resistance, and producing mouthfuls of smoke. The burn wavered a bit, but never ran, and the dark grey ash held firmly till I coaxed it off.
Flavor/Strength: I was a bit surprised by this stick as it exhibited strong pepper almost to the point of harsh at the beginning. It needed a good ½-3/4” to smooth out (I’m not sure that’s something I want to wait on with a cigar this size). Initially, spice and pepper predominate and snorking brought tears to my eyes, literally. As I reached the inch mark this smoothed out some and was very enjoyable as I love a complex cigar with some bite, but this flirted with too much. As it continued, I found myself enjoying the complexity and shifting flavors, seeming to go from spice to sweet to caramel, and the spices that I just couldn’t seem to identify. I must admit, that this is an intriguing stick, as there are flavors here I really couldn’t identify – or it might just have been that so much was happening at the same time. As far as being milder than the Illusione, I’m not sure who is smoking what, but that isn’t the case here. (As an aside, I think that some of harshness at the beginning might have been the youth of this cigar as I only had it for a week before smoking – some humidor time might have smoothed it out a bit.)

Aroma: I must say that I really enjoyed the “room note” this cigar produced. Here’s where the spice really seemed to shine and chocolate ephemerally played with my olfactory senses.

Finish: Bold and sassy in the mouth and nose, but the finish was gone along with the smoke. OK, so that’s an exaggeration, but the finish was very short.

Recommendation/Value: I don’t like to do number ratings, maybe I should adopt halos for my ratings as a pastor. I don’t know if that’s a good way to do it either, because some use stars. I like to keep my cigar prices around $3.00 a stick, and this one made me bend those rules a bit – and it was well worth it. This is a stick I will visit again in the future.
tengel78 11:16 AM 02-29-2012
I ran back to the B&M to pick up a couple of the Friends and Family for a BOTL, and they hadn't sold any since yesterday, so I picked a couple more for myself.

JenksAnejo 11:52 AM 02-29-2012
Nice Tyler!
irratebass 12:04 PM 02-29-2012
Very nice Tyler :-)
Boz 02:22 PM 02-29-2012
Snagged these from Atlantic during their recent sale.

Remo 02:34 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
Snagged these from Atlantic during their recent sale.

tasty :-)
roro16 03:04 PM 02-29-2012
Boz 03:28 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
tasty :-)
Never had one but couldnt pass up the sale. Especially the way everyone talks about them.
EricF 04:14 PM 02-29-2012
I got these in today. Heard so much about them I just had to!!!
Now to put them down for a rest since everyone has said they need a nap.
Taki 04:18 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
I got these in today. Heard so much about them I just had to!!!
Now to put them down for a rest since everyone has said they need a nap.
Very nice pick up brother!! Haven't had the pleasure yet of trying one...I might just have to this weekend!!

Great snag :-)
tengel78 04:20 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by roro16:
Nice! I've been meaning to pick some of these up, but haven't had the chance yet.
688sonarmen 04:29 PM 02-29-2012
Ordered these from Lianos Dos Palmas in Charleston SC. They are a Dominican Puro called Don Louis. Pretty stoked to try them out:-)

Page 356 of 359
« First < 256306346354355356 357358 > Last »
Up