Page 35 of 67
« First < 25333435 363745 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Da Klugs 11:00 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by No1der:
I don't like it here anymore, your mom is ugly but you shure have a purdy mouth
:-)

A paraphrase. :-)

I would have sent the Hog after ya back in the day and then banned what was left of ya. :-) Difference is that you would have gotten a pithy explanation in the bye bye. They are probably too busy to put any creativity into the work right now.

We are glad you are here now. And it's time to man up a bit on the past.

Puff mods should do the same.
No1der 11:29 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:

A paraphrase. :-)

I would have sent the Hog after ya back in the day and then banned what was left of ya. :-) Difference is that you would have gotten a pithy explanation in the bye bye. They are probably too busy to put any creativity into the work right now.

Yes, I certainly was pissed off because of some stuff that went on in another section of the forum that got deleted all together and some stuff relating to PM's being intercepted/read by the mods/admins.

Yes, I was being inflamatory and I was voicing my thoughts but I didn't break any rules of the board.

That was a funny paraphrase though.

In the section of the site that got deleted I said to the admin:

"You know, puffer fish is called fugu.
You might want to try sounding that word out. Fugu"

Very subtle or maybe not but that didn't get me banned because everyone else was joining in on the fish bashing.

Cheers,
Rob
Da Klugs 11:38 PM 01-25-2009
Yes, I certainly was pissed off because of some stuff that went on in another section of the forum that got deleted all together and some stuff relating to PM's being intercepted/read by the mods/admins.

Yes, I was being inflamatory and I was voicing my thoughts but I didn't break any rules of the board.

That was a funny paraphrase though.

Very subtle or maybe not but that didn't get me banned because everyone else was joining in on the fish bashing.

Cheers,
Rob
I read it. Not very subtle to me but I'm the sensitive type. :-)

I wish you were a tax accountant with the same passion directed towards the IRS. :-) Just was working on mine tonight.. arrgh.
No1der 11:43 PM 01-25-2009
I read it. Not very subtle to me but I'm the sensitive type. :-)

I wish you were a tax accountant with the same passion directed towards the IRS. :-) Just was working on mine tonight.. arrgh.
lulz, if I wasn't just an internet superhero I might have tried the same stunt with the IRS but alas I can't afford that kind of bravado. My finances won't allow it. :-)

You know, I'm glad you said it wasn't subtle because I wasn't certain if he was going to understand the message I was trying to put forth.

Cheers,
Rob
madurolover 11:44 PM 01-25-2009

Dave, this is why I have always respected you as a man and a BOTL.
I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for my outburst last night. Not only to the couple of members I directed it at but to the whole community. I have many here, and there that I call friends and I want it to remain that way.

The thing to remember is that we all have one common bond that brought us together and that is the love of the leaf. Regardless of our differences in opinions we will always have that thing in common. I just hope that we can soon put all this stuff behind us and together try to help new and old members alike to become a bit more educated about this passion of ours.

Once again I want to apologize to the community for my actions last night.

Donnie
No1der 11:54 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by madurolover:
Dave, this is why I have always respected you as a man and a BOTL.
I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for my outburst last night. Not only to the couple of members I directed it at but to the whole community. I have many here, and there that I call friends and I want it to remain that way.

The thing to remember is that we all have one common bond that brought us together and that is the love of the leaf. Regardless of our differences in opinions we will always have that thing in common. I just hope that we can soon put all this stuff behind us and together try to help new and old members alike to become a bit more educated about this passion of ours.

Once again I want to apologize to the community for my actions last night.

Donnie
Donnie, I don't know what you did last night, not sure I want to know *nudge nudge wink wink*

Fact of the matter is I can be an a-hole and it really comes quite naturally to me.

Whatever I said on any board was directed at the entity known as "The Board" and not neccesarily at any single person. I was just speaking my mind and that's not about to change. The Admins/Mods are representatives of that entity so they got the horns. Though I don't really think I made any personal attacks or overly harsh.

After all, nobody got "Goatsed" so it's all gravy under the bridge.

Cheers,
Rob
madurolover 11:59 PM 01-25-2009
Thank you for not Goatseing the board. I have seen that rather peculiar pic before and it is not pretty (if you don't know what it is folks please do not google it) :-)
No1der 12:03 AM 01-26-2009
Thank you for not Goatseing the board. I have seen that rather peculiar pic before and it is not pretty (if you don't know what it is folks please do not google it) :-)
^^^^^ Yeah, what he said. Do not go looking for it as it's rather disgusting. :-)

BTW, I never intended to Goatse the board nor give anyone a hard time, it all started because I was lamenting the death/transformation of CS in a section of the board that only other Gorillas would have seen.

I think puff over-reacted to my post and ended up upsetting other folks that just would have seen my sulking for what it was.

Cheers,
Rob
yellowgoat 12:11 AM 01-26-2009
I looked for what it was! I really need therapy now... :-)

^^^^^ Yeah, what he said. Do not go looking for it as it's rather disgusting. :-)

BTW, I never intended to Goatse the board nor give anyone a hard time, it all started because I was lamenting the death/transformation of CS in a section of the board that only other Gorillas would have seen.

I think puff over-reacted to my post and ended up upsetting other folks that just would have seen my sulking for what it was.

Cheers,
Rob

madurolover 12:11 AM 01-26-2009
I wish you nothing but the best of luck Rob.

Now I am going to try and get some sleep if my Restless Leg Syndrome will allow it. Good night all. :-)
mojo65 12:19 AM 01-26-2009
the mods from puff seem to spend a bunch of time over here.........wondering if its just not fun over there anymore?
awsmith4 12:20 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
the mods from puff seem to spend a bunch of time over here.........
They are still our friends and have been for a long time
montecristo#2 12:36 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Well said. We are all BOTLs, I visit many cigar forums, post on some, read on most. :-)
icehog3 01:11 AM 01-26-2009
I have many here, and there that I call friends and I want it to remain that way.

Donnie
You have friends here Donnie, and always will. :-)

Originally Posted by mojo65:
the mods from puff seem to spend a bunch of time over here.........wondering if its just not fun over there anymore?
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Spot on, Albert. :-)
mikeyj23 05:29 AM 01-26-2009
It's all good, I may just get behind 7 proxies and have a little fun with ol' puff. I mean if I'm going to do the time I should probably retroactively do the crime.
I think that's a very poor, immature idea.

I think if you came into my house with the express intent of causing trouble, I'd boot you out whether I had a "no causing trouble" sign up or not. Over-reaction? Methinks not.

I understand you haven't had the time to process the change like the rest of us, but it's time to move on. You consider yourself a martyr for getting yourself banned over there, and with the sig line and numerous posts, I think we all know that by now. It's a different environment over here - CA is the present and future, and I humbly recommend we live in those tenses.
ahc4353 06:07 AM 01-26-2009
It is so hard not to comment on all this, especially on Mondays. :-)

Hope you all have a CA kind of day!
Blueface 06:41 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by mikeyj23:
it's time to move on.

CA is the present and future, and I humbly recommend we live in those tenses.
Mikey,
Great words of wisdom there for a young guy.
Sometimes, even old farts like me, can live by the words of guys half my age and this is an example.

I had personally stayed away. Then, that bastage Admiral tempted me.:-)
Went back frankly to poke fun and nothing more.
Not at the admins but at the owner himself.

I can see the sentiments on both sides of the fence. Sometimes, it is hard to let go for some folks. Sometimes, it is hard to draw the line on when to stop stepping on someone when they are down. However, what makes it yet harder is when that person acts like someone seeking such punishment via his actions and his words.
Right or wrong, everyone has varying reasons why they do what they do, specially after a couple of martinis.
I received my 4 points and I assure you I certainly now won't be back for my next 6 as I removed the link from my Bookmarks.
Darn crickets!!!

The one thing that does sadden me to some degree is if any mod there takes any of this or any of it personal. I could be wrong but sure seems some are taking it to heart when not intended at them. Just remember how many said they would be there until the end and how quickly the end came (meant to highlight mods, not just members). Just remember you are nothing but a tool for now. As another member said to me, I hope the mods are receiving ample boxes of cigars for what they do. I know for sure that is not an easy job to do. It is probably quite thankless at this juncture. Just keep in mind who it is you are doing it for and what they have represented thus far to date. It is that part people are lashing at, not you.

Certainly my time has come to stop beating this horse. Will leave it to others, unless Tom incites me again.:-)

BTW, Pete, Did your decrease in PMs come after you received my PM? Hmmm.....
replicant_argent 06:49 AM 01-26-2009
Well, considering I was at 57 of 50 allowed, and I was not only able to receive, but respond to yours, it is very clear that it was restricted after that exchange.
Blueface 06:51 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Well, considering I was at 57 of 50 allowed, and I was not only able to receive, but respond to yours, it is very clear that it was restricted after that exchange.
Interesting indeed.
madurolover 06:56 AM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Mikey,
Great words of wisdom there for a young guy.
Sometimes, even old farts like me, can live by the words of guys half my age and this is an example.

The one thing that does sadden me to some degree is if any mod there takes any of this or any of it personal. I could be wrong but sure seems some are taking it to heart when not intended at them.
Carlos, without going into detail I can say that it is very personal for some. I have received some of the nastiest, vile messages from people that I had always gotten along with very well. It really just makes me sad.

Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just keep in mind who it is you are doing it for and what they have represented thus far to date. It is that part people are lashing at, not you.
I decided to do it for the guys that are new to our hobby. I would like to help guide them the same way I was guided (actually pushed) when I first signed up. I feel that being in that position is the best way I can Pay It Forward.
Page 35 of 67
« First < 25333435 363745 > Last »
Up