Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 35 of 38
« First < 25333435 3637 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
icehog3 04:41 PM 10-18-2012

Looks like the Tigers are just waiting on the Cards and Giants to see who's next. :-)
68TriShield 05:40 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Let's Go Tigers!! Image
Tis done :-) Congrats to all the Tigers fans!

the Tigers won the pennant!
icehog3 05:44 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Tis done :-) Congrats to all the Tigers fans!

:-) :-)

4 more to go, Dave!
BHalbrooks 05:46 PM 10-18-2012
Yankees suck haha
Dave128 05:46 PM 10-18-2012
Tigers win!! :-)
icehog3 06:09 PM 10-18-2012
Delmon Young is the ALCS MVP, first player in MLB history to have 4 game winning RBIs in a series.

kelmac07 06:22 PM 10-18-2012
Can you say SWEEP?? Sorry Dom...couldn't resist. :-) :-)
CigarSquid 06:55 PM 10-18-2012
The Yankees stunk it up!
icehog3 07:50 PM 10-18-2012
I am hoping the Cards win in 5 now, so that they will have almost as much time off before the Series starts as the Tigers will.
icehog3 11:56 PM 10-18-2012

jdakine 04:26 AM 10-19-2012
Happy for the Tigers and hope the Cards get in for the fact that Pujols left for the money and they get back the World Series with out him.
688sonarmen 04:30 AM 10-19-2012
I am hoping the Cards win in 5 now, so that they will have almost as much time off before the Series starts as the Tigers will.
Cards are on a roll but the Giants have a way of coming back. Good news is the Cards bullpen is rested a bit from last night and they showed with out a doubt it does not matter who is injured that there is enough depth in the farm system to compensate.

Congrats to the Tigers, it was good seeing Fielder and the boys partying a bit after the win:-)
theonlybear4CORT 06:37 AM 10-19-2012
Well it was a nice run.
jonumberone 06:56 AM 10-19-2012
Congrats to the Tigers, and Tom! :-)

I tend to think of myself as a pretty level headed Yankee fan.
I try not to get too excited when they're up, and remain calm when they're low.
Despite what the PR machine tells me, I don't consider "not winning the World series" a failure of a season.
All that said, this is a disaster!

I've seen the Yanks lose plenty of series.
I've been sad, discouraged, and disappointed by past performances.
They've let me down, and broken my heart.
But never have they infuriated me, like they did in this postseason!
From top to bottom, I've never seen a more gutless performance!

I've never liked Girardi, and his performance here was awful!
To try and lay this at the feet of A-rod, while continuing to give Cano, Swisher, and Grandy a reach around, makes me want to bite his face like Max Cady.
If you want to bench A-rod, to make a point, Fine, but he was never going to win this series, under any circumstances, with A-rod on the bench!
I have so much more to add, but the vein bulging out of my neck, is forcing me to step away from the keyboard!
Gophernut 08:10 AM 10-19-2012
I agree Dom, it seems like the "experts" are trying to pin this on A-Rod. Well, as bad as he may have played, he didn't play in a couple games that they lost. How can you pin that on him? I don't really care for the Yankees, or the Tigers for that matter, but to say that this was anything other than a collective team loss, is crazy. Of course you have to give props to the Tigers for the excellent starting pitching, the timely hitting, and some solid defense. I don't see how any NL team is going to beat the Tigers at this point.
CRIMPS 09:41 AM 10-19-2012

slow clap. Regardless of who Det faces... will be pulling for them.
357 12:20 PM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
I agree Dom, it seems like the "experts" are trying to pin this on A-Rod. Well, as bad as he may have played, he didn't play in a couple games that they lost. How can you pin that on him? I don't really care for the Yankees, or the Tigers for that matter, but to say that this was anything other than a collective team loss, is crazy. Of course you have to give props to the Tigers for the excellent starting pitching, the timely hitting, and some solid defense. I don't see how any NL team is going to beat the Tigers at this point.
The national media is confounded, trying to figure out how the Yankees lost the series. They never can come to the idea that the Tigers WON and their pitching staff is really good. The Yankees pitching was pretty good overall; their offense chose not to show up. I think the Tigers holding on in game 1 and winning in the 12th dealt an emotional blow to the Yankees. If the Yankees win game 1, it's a different series.

BTW, the bolded statement was said in 2006 too. Not so thrilled with how that one worked out. This team is better than that one though IMO. Pitching is better and the middle of the lineup is better. Lineup 1-9 may not be quite what the '06 team was but overall a better team. What's sick is next year Delmon Young won't even be on the team. With V-Mart back as the DH, they won't need him. He's proven he can't play the field at all anymore. So, it wouldn't suprise me if the Tigers bench him in the NL park. It'll be him or Quentin Berry getting pined due to the Cards starters all being righties and no DH allowed. My bet is Leyland goes with the L-R matchup not Delmon due to his hot streak. At least that's been Leyland's leanings in the past anyway.

Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
slow clap. Regardless of who Det faces... will be pulling for them.
Pulling for the Tigers or their opponents?
CigarSquid 01:15 PM 10-19-2012
I do not care how or why the Yankee's lost.. I just love it!
CRIMPS 02:47 PM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by 357:

Pulling for the Tigers or their opponents?
Pulling for the Tigers.
Starscream 09:36 AM 10-23-2012
Looks like an all orange WS this year. I'm pulling for Detroit. Even though I'm a big NL fan, this will be the third year in a row that I've rooted for an AL team in the WS.
Page 35 of 38
« First < 25333435 3637 > Last »
Up