Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 35 of 82
« First < 25333435 363745 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 12:01 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
if anyone has GCL may want to watch the Sharks game. Sharks channeled the Bruins. 5 fights and 6 goals. You know its bad when Boyle fights.
He sure pounded Brassard...and then wanted to fight Nash! :-)
Ahbroody 01:24 AM 02-01-2012
post game was classic.
Boyle mentioned Nash was pissed. He wanted to fight Boyle last game 2-1 Sharks. Boyle declined. Boyle mentioned I guess he still wants to fight. :-)

I guess he felt Brassard was diving and started yelling at him. There is some serious hate between these clubs.
SteelCityBoy 05:02 AM 02-01-2012
What a game last night....

Pens were down 4-1 to the Leafs in the 3rd only to come storming back to tie it and force a shoot out and win 5-4. On a tear right now...
Eleven 05:54 AM 02-01-2012
I keep trying to talk my kid into changing his number from 88 to 18 next year in honor of James Neal...he won't listen to me!

Curls for the Girls
SteelCityBoy 06:02 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I keep trying to talk my kid into changing his number from 88 to 18 next year in honor of James Neal...he won't listen to me!

Curls for the Girls
Yeah, I hear ya! Picking up Neal last year turned out to be huge for the Pens! With the Crosby thing going on having him around has been a blessing!
SteelCityBoy 06:09 AM 02-01-2012
Haha! "Curls for the girls," classic! Just listened to it....:-)
Wanger 07:44 AM 02-01-2012
Absolutely DISGUSTING last 10:00 of the 3rd for the Wild last night. Up 4-1 at that point, and LOSE 5-4 in REGULATION. I wanted to PUKE.:-)

3rd goal for the Preds seemed like Harding had the puck covered and in control, but they kept jamming at his glove and knocked it in. Still, NO EXCUSE for falling that flat that fast! If this one doesn't light a fire, consider the season OVER. :-)
kugie 08:21 AM 02-01-2012
Nice Win last night by the B's :-)
Let's just hope they they can keep it up and not slide back into the habits they picked up in January
drjammer 08:24 AM 02-01-2012
It's so nice to see the Avalanche pick up right where they left off before the All-Star break :-):-):-)
Ahbroody 09:53 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
What a game last night....

Pens were down 4-1 to the Leafs in the 3rd only to come storming back to tie it and force a shoot out and win 5-4. On a tear right now...
Pens showed a lot last night, but that goal waved off in the first sucked for the Leafs. The refs blew that call. Was watching the Roots replay last night and even the Pens announcers were saying bad call. Early in the game but have to wonder if the outcome would have been different. It stuck out as it reminded me of the horrible Sharks Flames goal waved off a few weeks back where Jokinen ran into kipper but they blamed a Shark. That was in the last few minutes of the game though. Would be interesting to know if it was the same crew.

Edit
Curls for the girls is a new favorite. awesome :-)
E.J. 01:05 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by drjammer:
It's so nice to see the Avalanche pick up right where they left off before the All-Star break :-):-):-)
Ugh...I hear you....

I was lucky enough to be too busy to watch the game, so only had to look at the newspaper to get my disappointment....
Wanger 07:42 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by drjammer:
I hope it continues tonight. :-)

Go Wild!
E.J. 08:53 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
I hope it continues tonight. :-)

Go Wild!
Go Avs!
Prefy 10:51 PM 02-02-2012
Apparently the Oilers have the Hawks number when in "The City of Champions"...17 goals in the back of the Hawks net in two meetings.

Sam Ganger put himself into quite the company with 8 points, only one of 13 players to score 8 or more points in a game.
icehog3 12:14 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Apparently the Oilers have the Hawks number when in "The City of Champions"...17 goals in the back of the Hawks net in two meetings.

Sam Ganger put himself into quite the company with 8 points, only one of 13 players to score 8 or more points in a game.
Yup, 3rd Oiler to do it....just put his name with Gretzky and Coffey.

Hawks better get it together soon, or this road trip might have them hanging on to the playoffs by a thread.
Wanger 07:13 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Go Avs!
Went to bed before the 3rd...intense game through the first 2 periods. McLeod is a thug...it was funny to see him in the penalty box saying "F-you, you f'ing p*ssy. F-YOU!" whilst missing his front teeth, yet when Kassian has stepped up earlier in the game, he backed down. It was odd to see Kobasew throw down...TWICE. He wasn't known as a fighter when he was in MN.

Any fireworks in the 3rd?
E.J. 07:39 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Went to bed before the 3rd...intense game through the first 2 periods. McLeod is a thug...it was funny to see him in the penalty box saying "F-you, you f'ing p*ssy. F-YOU!" whilst missing his front teeth, yet when Kassian has stepped up earlier in the game, he backed down. It was odd to see Kobasew throw down...TWICE. He wasn't known as a fighter when he was in MN.

Any fireworks in the 3rd?
I was in the same boat as you.... In bed and fell asleep early in the 3rd. Love McLeod, though assume I would not be a fan of playing against him. Who did McLeod scrap with early....I didn't see him skate away from Kassian, though if he did...:-)

It was a really fun/intense game, better have your head up...:-) Well, the final sucked though...:-)

Save by Jiggy late in the second, when he was laying on some Minny player in his own net was simply amazing... Wish the Avs could have made it mean more than highlight material.
drjammer 08:53 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I was in the same boat as you.... In bed and fell asleep early in the 3rd. Love McLeod, though assume I would not be a fan of playing against him. Who did McLeod scrap with early....I didn't see him skate away from Kassian, though if he did...:-)

It was a really fun/intense game, better have your head up...:-) Well, the final sucked though...:-)

Save by Jiggy late in the second, when he was laying on some Minny player in his own net was simply amazing... Wish the Avs could have made it mean more than highlight material.
Awful game :-) Except for the save by Jiggy:-)

I think the chant "Hey hey ho ho Joe Sacco has got to go" is starting to be more relevant to me these day!
Ahbroody 10:04 AM 02-03-2012
I was going to say that was the most intense game of the night.
There were tons of questionable hits on both sides. Very nasty game. I was watching the replay thinking it would be a boring game. Hell no.
E.J. 08:41 PM 02-03-2012
CC vs DU tonight... Go Pioneers!
Page 35 of 82
« First < 25333435 363745 > Last »
Up